Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Roy Williams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Roy williams just announced that he had 11 or 12 NBA job offers in since 02 or 03, including the Laker and celtics and the wizards when MJ played...
thats all he said though??? Why would he come out and say that...Is he interested in the NBA?
Hope he does leave.He is a great coach though
theVILLE Wrote:Roy williams just announced that he had 11 or 12 NBA job offers in since 02 or 03, including the Laker and celtics and the wizards when MJ played...
thats all he said though??? Why would he come out and say that...Is he interested in the NBA?

I hope so.
theVILLE Wrote:Roy williams just announced that he had 11 or 12 NBA job offers in since 02 or 03, including the Laker and celtics and the wizards when MJ played...

if that ever did happen, I think I would find a new NBA team to root for lol..
well i didnt know that but he might have well go to the nba he might do something good there cause he aint doing nothing good at unc this year and plus i dont think hed be good coach in the nba i think he likes college better
Coach Williams is a teacher, not an administrator. He, Coach K, Bobby Knight, those types of guys cannot coach in the NBA where the Player is the most dominate figure on the team. Coach Williams is very valuable to the college game. I would hope ego does not take him there, but I don't blame him if he would ever entertain it. It's just too enticing for all the money that is thrown around.
14thregionrules Wrote:well i didnt know that but he might have well go to the nba he might do something good there cause he aint doing nothing good at unc this year and plus i dont think hed be good coach in the nba i think he likes college better

Hmmm, so the guy has ONE! ONE Bad year! And now he's no good? That's what it sounds like here?????
Im not sure what to make of this. Why come out and say something like this? Would he have still said it if they are doing better this year? Its kinda puzzeling to me.
^thats what i was saying...I could understand him staying at UNC..but he never said that..he never said he was interested in the NBA either! He said he had NBA job offers int he past and currently??WHY come out and say something like that
When did he announce this? anyone know?
underdawg1 Wrote:When did he announce this? anyone know?

wednesday i think!
Seems like roy is looking for an escape?
theville must literally live on here.
greenstuff22 Wrote:theville must literally live on here.

nope not hardly..a few hours a day!
NYY10 Wrote:if that ever did happen, I think I would find a new NBA team to root for lol..

Haha as long as Kobe's there you can't root against the Lakers.
unc has good talent "hang on, i got to spit*......anyway unc has good talent and mcdonalds all americans he just was use to always having a go to player until this year
baller4life Wrote:unc has good talent "hang on, i got to spit*......anyway unc has good talent and mcdonalds all americans he just was use to always having a go to player until this year

Expierence is the key i think
Aslan Wrote:Haha as long as Kobe's there you can't root against the Lakers.

shew, I dunno man, It would be very dificult.
I Really dont like Roy Williams at all.. But what can you expect. Im a Duke Fan lol..:biggrin:
He's probably hearing some chirping from some a few idiot UNC fans, and said that to remind them that there are doors that open everyday. Believe me though, UNC knows they would have a VERY difficult time replacing a Roy Williams. The fans and administration arent that dumb. Give the guy a break already..
were u at old chap
Stardust Wrote:Coach Williams is a teacher, not an administrator. He, Coach K, Bobby Knight, those types of guys cannot coach in the NBA where the Player is the most dominate figure on the team. Coach Williams is very valuable to the college game. I would hope ego does not take him there, but I don't blame him if he would ever entertain it. It's just too enticing for all the money that is thrown around.

Great post my friend. I will even through Cal into that discussion at this point in his career. I would love to see it happen to UNC but..... no chance.
CATFAN2 Wrote:Hope he does leave.He is a great coach though

why would u want him to leave then ?? he is a great coach