Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Why is UNC not getting the W?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why are they not getting the W's! They have 7 mcdonald all american on the team...including a very good guard in john drew! He is no ty lawson we all knew that..we all knew UNC wasnt going to win another Championship but they shouldnt be bottom of the ACC
theVILLE Wrote:Why are they not getting the W's! They have 7 mcdonald all american on the team...including a very good guard in john drew! He is no ty lawson we all knew that..we all knew UNC wasnt going to win another Championship but they shouldnt be bottom of the ACC

because they suck and are overrated, they'll be lucky to make it to the NIT
^How are they overrated??? There not even rated! Seriously they have the talent , why are they not getting the W's..can anyone give a logical explanation???
theVILLE Wrote:^How are they overrated??? There not even rated! Seriously they have the talent , why are they not getting the W's..can anyone give a logical explanation???

there is still alot of people saying that they will beat teams. like last night people thought they would be Georgia Tech and Georgia Tech ran over them. yea they do have talent, idk if its not getting enough practices or what but i doubt them making the NCAA Tournament
I doubt it too! When you look at there team roster..you have to say this is a top 15-25 team atleast! Is it the Coach or is it the players desire or is the syle they play..What is it
theVILLE Wrote:I doubt it too! When you look at there team roster..you have to say this is a top 15-25 team atleast! Is it the Coach or is it the players desire or is the syle they play..What is it

i have no idea, but the way there playing Louisville could probably beat them
I would say Louisville would beat UNC lol
theVILLE Wrote:Why are they not getting the W's! They have 7 mcdonald all american on the team...including a very good guard in john drew! He is no ty lawson we all knew that..we all knew UNC wasnt going to win another Championship but they shouldnt be bottom of the ACC

I don't know, but I like it.
UL just beat the number 3 team in the country on the opposing teams court. They could surely beat any team in the country on any given night.

On a side note. UNC has no passion this year. If you watch them play its like us from last year. Noone gets pumped up or excited on big plays. When UNC lost Against UK, and the other top ranked teams in the country their spirits was crushed.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:UL just beat the number 3 team in the country on the opposing teams court. They could surely beat any team in the country on any given night.

On a side note. UNC has no passion this year. If you watch them play its like us from last year. Noone gets pumped up or excited on big plays. When UNC lost Against UK, and the other top ranked teams in the country their spirits was crushed.

I think that you are right! They played right with all those top teams but couldnt beat them adn there confidence level hit rock bottom! However its been reported that Roy Williams Just came out and said he had 11 or 12 NBA job offers since 02 or 03 including celtics and lakers and the wizards when jordan played! COuld he be the one that gives the NBA a shot??
No point guard, no back up point guard, three players hurt, no leadership.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:UL just beat the number 3 team in the country on the opposing teams court. They could surely beat any team in the country on any given night.

I agree.
Seems like when they lost a few they lost all there confidence.
Also like someone else stated, they don't have a true pg, and with the offense Carolina runs, you have to have a true pg. They have a 2guard trying to play point.
triplemaniaman Wrote:No point guard, no back up point guard, three players hurt, no leadership.
Thats it right there i thing..If you dont think john drew is a good duard your crazy...he has alot of potential!
Ive never seen a program underachieve like this team has. They have as many burger boys that you would need to get to the FF but alot of the recruits have been busts and were completely could not handle that kind of pressure coming right into a top 5 team. The Wear twins were both on the McDonalds team and they, along with Henson has been a big disappointment for the Tar Holes this year. Like many have said they have so much talent, but the team aspect is out of whack because their is not a strong point guard to run the team. I think that Larry Drew is a good player, but to be forced into the position that would be refilling Lawson's shoes, not too many players can transition quickly into that roll. If Lawson would have been a little stronger this season I think that UNC would have had a different go of it. Anyways, they need to get this right to fend off Kansas from overtaking them in wins. I think that they get their 2 more wins to get to 2000 but Kansas may actually beat them there.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Ive never seen a program underachieve like this team has. They have as many burger boys that you would need to get to the FF but alot of the recruits have been busts and were completely could not handle that kind of pressure coming right into a top 5 team. The Wear twins were both on the McDonalds team and they, along with Henson has been a big disappointment for the Tar Holes this year. Like many have said they have so much talent, but the team aspect is out of whack because their is not a strong point guard to run the team. I think that Larry Drew is a good player, but to be forced into the position that would be refilling Lawson's shoes, not too many players can transition quickly into that roll. If Lawson would have been a little stronger this season I think that UNC would have had a different go of it. Anyways, they need to get this right to fend off Kansas from overtaking them in wins. I think that they get their 2 more wins to get to 2000 but Kansas may actually beat them there.
Great post my friend, and I think it would be HILARIOUS if Kansas got there before they did..another thing, Cousins has eaten hamburgers that weighed more than Henson lol..that guy is a toothpick! But I am loving the underachieving, personally..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Great post my friend, and I think it would be HILARIOUS if Kansas got there before they did..another thing, Cousins has eaten hamburgers that weighed more than Henson lol..that guy is a toothpick! But I am loving the underachieving, personally..

I would be a lair if I say that I am not rooting for them to lose every night they play. lol Except for Duke I think. They are getting a stud next year so I am trying to get my fill of it right now. I am sure they did the same exact thing to us last year... TidesHoss, I was wondering are you offically a Tide Football/UK Basketball fan
^has to be the best combo ever :rockon:
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I would be a lair if I say that I am not rooting for them to lose every night they play. lol Except for Duke I think. They are getting a stud next year so I am trying to get my fill of it right now. I am sure they did the same exact thing to us last year... TidesHoss, I was wondering are you offically a Tide Football/UK Basketball fan
I am, indeed. However, Im a much bigger Bama football fan than UK basketball fan. I love UK basketball, dont get me wrong, but I live and die for Bama and Steelers football, lol..
Smart man! lol I would say that I will root for any SEC school in the championship but Bama is really the closest thing to the fanbase of UK basketball
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I would be a lair if I say that I am not rooting for them to lose every night they play. lol Except for Duke I think. They are getting a stud next year so I am trying to get my fill of it right now. I am sure they did the same exact thing to us last year... TidesHoss, I was wondering are you offically a Tide Football/UK Basketball fan

Kyrie Ervin is a STUD of a player..but 2 years from now remember this name AUSTIN RIVERS! He is going to be a stud of a player for billy D and company down in gainsville! Maybe not a banner or nothing but definitely one of the best PG's in the decade to come...have you guys saw him play?
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Smart man! lol I would say that I will root for any SEC school in the championship but Bama is really the closest thing to the fanbase of UK basketball
I completely agree. Both are psychotic when it comes to their respective seasons. Bama football fans are as biased about the Tide as UK basketball fans are about their Cats. Neither team ever loses, we always get cheated. The whole world is out to get us both, lol..you get the idea..
theVILLE Wrote:Kyrie Ervin is a STUD of a player..but 2 years from now remember this name AUSTIN RIVERS! He is going to be a stud of a player for billy D and company down in gainsville! Maybe not a banner or nothing but definitely one of the best PG's in the decade to come...have you guys saw him play?

I know that the Rivers kid is touted more than his brother at Indiana but I still think that Florida will be playing second to the boy that UK will bring in. Still Billy D, needs to pick it up after the few season he has had.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I know that the Rivers kid is touted more than his brother at Indiana but I still think that Florida will be playing second to the boy that UK will bring in. Still Billy D, needs to pick it up after the few season he has had.

in deed! But who has UK got coming in that year! This kid will be #1 or #2 PG coming out of HS..he is only a junior right now...by the way he showed Brandon knight up the other night!:biggrin:
theVILLE Wrote:Kyrie Ervin is a STUD of a player..but 2 years from now remember this name AUSTIN RIVERS! He is going to be a stud of a player for billy D and company down in gainsville! Maybe not a banner or nothing but definitely one of the best PG's in the decade to come...have you guys saw him play?

and where is he going lol..:biggrin:
theVILLE Wrote:in deed! But who has UK got coming in that year! This kid will be #1 or #2 PG coming out of HS..he is only a junior right now...by the way he showed Brandon knight up the other night!:biggrin:

Wow. Nice! Im not really sure who UK has coming in that year. I know that we are in for Gilchrist, Teague, and Miller.
Teague of which is the 1st pg in the nation that year.
theVILLE Wrote:^How are they overrated??? There not even rated! Seriously they have the talent , why are they not getting the W's..can anyone give a logical explanation???

Good post
It's the curse of the Wall.
Things get tougher during Conference play. Obviously, UNC can beat good teams, evidenced by their win over Michigan St. IMHO, I think they have hit a wall and been beaten, and now it is tougher getting up game after game. They are still the ACC's Super Bowl, no matter what their record is. They are getting most of those teams best shots and some of their inexperience is showing. Then, losing one of their top two inside players in Ed Davis hasn't helped, either. At this point, it is pretty obvious they have to win the ACC Tournament to get to the NCAA Tournament.
Yeah, its getting tougher game after game to stand back up. Just this inexperience has hurt. They have no doubt lost a lot from last year. But they have potential, but for some reason its just no coming out. Yeah they will about have to win the ACC tournament to get into the NCAA.
unc jus having a bad year, they will do better next year i think
NYY10 Wrote:and where is he going lol..:biggrin:

DUKE CONGRATS on that! I am not a duke hater neither bub! Duke is a very good ball club this season...Call me a fool...but if ervin was there this year at the PG and scheyer on the wing they would be alot better...I liked scheyer on the wing alot..he is a great spot up shooter
Pages: 1 2