Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (2) Kentucky @ Vanderbilt 2/20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
thoughts/predictions???

6:00 pm ESPN
If we play like tonight we will get ran out of memorial gym. If we play good we will win by 8 or so.
if BIG CUZ has a game like he did in RUPP, cats would by 7,if not they may lose
This game will be sooooo tough. I think that Vandy will come out and hit us right in the mouth, the game will be how we respond. Like Miss St, the three ball will be flying and it will really depend on our D to keep the game close. I will take UK by 4 IN REGULATION but as everyone has said so far, they really have to step it up in comparison to tonight's game.
Ky doesn't act like they are ready to be beaten. I think we will continue to see them do what it takes to win.
Bledsoe struggled & we missed him ,predict he will return for this one.
This was the game that I said UK would have fits with earlier in the season. UK hasn't played great at Vandy, but this being a different team, who knows. BUt as of now I will go with Vandy by 3, hope Im wrong tho.
This is a game that will be very tough for the Cats to come out on the victorious side. I think the Cats can play well and still be beaten by a very solid Vandy team. As we have seen already, when you go on the road in the SEC, the atmosphere is mind boggling. Couple that with an out of the ordinary set-up for a college gym, and the young cats will likely be pushed to a limit they have not seen yet in their college days. Unfortunately, I don't see the Cats winning this.

But, if they can withstand the atmosphere and the emotional high that the Commodores will be playing with, and make this a tight game down the stretch, I like their chances. I am very proud of how this team has played it's final five minutes in games since the USC game. Keep Cousins out of foul trouble, and the Cats have a chance at the end.
This is one of the two games I saw us losing this season, UCONN and at Vandy. Hopefully I am wrong again, but this game worries me alot. We have always struggled in Memorial Gym...its a horrible place to play and their fans will be ready for it. We need to shut down Ogilvy again like we did against them in Rupp. This game could come down to the wire. This is probably the biggest game of the year because with a win, UK should wrap up the regular season title.
Stardust Wrote:But, if they can withstand the atmosphere and the emotional high that the Commodores will be playing with, and make this a tight game down the stretch, I like their chances. I am very proud of how this team has played it's final five minutes in games since the USC game. Keep Cousins out of foul trouble, and the Cats have a chance at the end.

This is what they had to withstand last night at MSU and we came out with the W. I feel good about our chances, but oh man will it be tough!
uk will be 25-2
vandy by a touchdown
Cats in another close one......
I don't see Vandy being THAT much better than the last time they played the Cats. I still take a UK victory.
lwc Wrote:I don't see Vandy being THAT much better than the last time they played the Cats. I still take a UK victory.

They was alot better last year at memorial! Uk has Ten times the team that vandy has anywhere but @vandy! However this is a different UK team as alot of you have said...They are alot better than few years int he past..But they are very young..Cal is always having to coach and tell them what to do! He is always right at the hasmark to the halfcourt line screaming...@vandy he cant do that...If the Cats can hold there act together without alot Coaching from Cal they will pull it off..This young team has the talent but i think @ vandy they get there mouth busted...Not by 42 as last year..but by about 7-10
BelfryPride Wrote:This is what they had to withstand last night at MSU and we came out with the W. I feel good about our chances, but oh man will it be tough!

It is a completely different atmosphere at Vandy!:yikes:
theVILLE Wrote:They was alot better last year at memorial! Uk has Ten times the team that vandy has anywhere but @vandy! However this is a different UK team as alot of you have said...They are alot better than few years int he past..But they are very young..Cal is always having to coach and tell them what to do! He is always right at the hasmark to the halfcourt line screaming...@vandy he cant do that...If the Cats can hold there act together without alot Coaching from Cal they will pull it off..This young team has the talent but i think @ vandy they get there mouth busted...Not by 42 as last year..but by about 7-10

your the same one that said miss st shuts down big cuz and cats get beat, i like you keep saying the other team wins,lol
I'll take UK in a close one. I hope.
cuppett777 Wrote:your the same one that said miss st shuts down big cuz and cats get beat, i like you keep saying the other team wins,lol

I said they loose one of there next two games! I said Miss St. TRYS to shut Cuz down...go back and look! And had Vernado played much, johnston played, or Uk hadnt got there call in there direction MSU would have beat them..
WHY did the fans act like that tho...I mean MSU top scorer was out, vernardo fouled out why act like that...they should have been proud to play UK like that
theVILLE Wrote:They was alot better last year at memorial! Uk has Ten times the team that vandy has anywhere but @vandy! However this is a different UK team as alot of you have said...They are alot better than few years int he past..But they are very young..Cal is always having to coach and tell them what to do! He is always right at the hasmark to the halfcourt line screaming...@vandy he cant do that...If the Cats can hold there act together without alot Coaching from Cal they will pull it off..This young team has the talent but i think @ vandy they get there mouth busted...Not by 42 as last year..but by about 7-10

So you think that being AT Vandy will give the Commodores a 23 point swing? (Cats won by 13 at Rupp, you predict a possible 10 point win at home for Vandy).

It is hard to win in Nashville now but I don't see the 23 point swing that you do.
lwc Wrote:So you think that being AT Vandy will give the Commodores a 23 point swing? (Cats won by 13 at Rupp, you predict a possible 10 point win at home for Vandy).

It is hard to win in Nashville now but I don't see the 23 point swing that you do.

Going by the past yes i do! Last season at Rupp Uk won by (70-60) and at Vandy, Vandy won by 13 (77-64) which is a 23 point turna round! And for SC last season..@ SC vandy lost by 10 (86-76) and @ Vandy they won by 13 (96-83) Also a 23 point turnaround! So yeah I think it could be:argue:
the season before that 07-08 team..Uk won at rupp by 6 (79-73) and at Vandy UK lost by 41 points (93-52) that is a 35 point turnaround! The past shows that the score changes alot
theVILLE Wrote:Going by the past yes i do! Last season at Rupp Uk won by (70-60) and at Vandy, Vandy won by 13 (77-64) which is a 23 point turna round! And for SC last season..@ SC vandy lost by 10 (86-76) and @ Vandy they won by 13 (96-83) Also a 23 point turnaround! So yeah I think it could be:argue:

theVILLE Wrote:the season before that 07-08 team..Uk won at rupp by 6 (79-73) and at Vandy UK lost by 41 points (93-52) that is a 35 point turnaround! The past shows that the score changes alot

The last two seasons had 1 thing in common.......... :biggrin:
lwc Wrote:The last two seasons had 1 thing in common.......... :biggrin:

losses at VANDY!
lwc Wrote:The last two seasons had 1 thing in common.......... :biggrin:

then the 3 years before that...UK never beat Vandy at Vandy or at Rupp
theVILLE Wrote:losses at VANDY!

Certainly not denying that but I was gonna say one of the most under-rated players in the SEC...Shan Foster! ...............and Coach Billy G :biggrin:
lwc Wrote:Certainly not denying that but I was gonna say one of the most under-rated players in the SEC...Shan Foster! ...............and Coach Billy G :biggrin:

Shane Foster was very underrated..at vandy he could go for 40 if he wanted
The talk is,UK can't win at Vandy at all.But the fact is UK does win there at Vandy,2005,2003,2001 and so on.I think this year's team will come out of Nashville with a W,just like most road games it won't be easy,but the Cats will get it done.UK 75,Vandy 70.GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This could be a tough game for that cats..hope they pull it out
theVILLE Wrote:I said they loose one of there next two games! I said Miss St. TRYS to shut Cuz down...go back and look! And had Vernado played much, johnston played, or Uk hadnt got there call in there direction MSU would have beat them..
WHY did the fans act like that tho...I mean MSU top scorer was out, vernardo fouled out why act like that...they should have been proud to play UK like that

on 2-14-2010@11:21 you wrote in your own words.....miss st will shut down CUZ again and miss st has some guard that can shoot the ball...i like this miss st team and varndos shot blocking ability,but if it wasnt @ home they wouldnt have a chance.i say the DAWGS by 7 69 -62,now where in ur own words does it say TRYS?maybe u need to read it again,lol
The first half will determine the outcome of this game. Calipari will not be able to speak to his young team to control them. With the benches being under the basket, coach will have to perform his magic to keep them from being blown out in the first half. I have noticed lately when the game is on the line that you see the "I" come out and the team go away. If they can survive the first half, they will have a great chance to win. GO BIG BLUE
After the reffing debacle from Tuesday night, I wonder if the whistles will be really tight in this one. I hope that they do not play that big of a factor but you know that they will. I will say that the Memorial Magic will be cooking on Saturday. I cant wait to see how it plays out. UK 73-Vandy 71
Pages: 1 2