Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What does Cousins respond to Miss. St. fans with?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, now that UK has beaten Miss. St., what do you think he should send as a text message to the 1000s of people who texted him?

I'm going with:

"81-75"

or

"25-1"

or maybe

"Text me again on Saturday, it really gets me fired up"
One of these...:moon:
"Careful, the NIT committee might frown on you all throwing water bottles Smile"
TidesHoss32 Wrote:"Careful, the NIT committee might frown on you all throwing water bottles Smile"

That one's pretty good right there.
Scoreboard
TidesHoss32 Wrote:"Careful, the NIT committee might frown on you all throwing water bottles Smile"

That just made my day.
Normally I would say, be the bigger man and let your performance do the talking, but since I saw a report that some of the messages were racial, I say let them have it. In my opinion, the racial messages are much worse than any bottle you can throw. Talk about class.
MSU, can you hear me now......81-75.....how bout now.......

I thought I had the hat trick with all the stuff being thrown on the floor.....
[quote=BloodyHarlanVOL]Normally I would say, be the bigger man and let your performance do the talking, but since I saw a report that some of the messages were racial, I say let them have it. In my opinion, the racial messages are much worse than any bottle you can throw. Talk about class.[/QUOTE]

I agree. He even answered on of the calls while doing an interview and it was a very derogitory call and he just laughed it off and kept his coll in the game. Great job Cuz.
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:Normally I would say, be the bigger man and let your performance do the talking, but since I saw a report that some of the messages were racial, I say let them have it. In my opinion, the racial messages are much worse than any bottle you can throw. Talk about class.

He said he received several calling him the N word, a B, and a homosexual.

He said right after the UT game (I think) he started receiving the racist texts.
ComfortEagle Wrote:He said he received several calling him the N word, a B, and a homosexual.

He said right after the UT game (I think) he started receiving the racist texts.

Well he kept his cool. He is slowly turning into my favorite player to watch.
Ah, let's add on to the class that MSU showed. Players refusing to shake hands with Cousins at the end of the game and calling him something that rhymes with "Brother Trucker."
I really don't understand what Cousins done to deserve the hate from these fans and especially the players. What did he do that was so bad to get called a ****** ******? I really don't understand.

One thing I know is no one was calling any of our players names when we under the dark days of Tubby's final years and Gillispie's stint! I love the hate!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I really don't understand what Cousins done to deserve the hate from these fans and especially the players. What did he do that was so bad to get called a ****** ******? I really don't understand.

One thing I know is no one was calling any of our players names when we under the dark days of Tubby's final years and Gillispie's stint! I love the hate!

I agree i love the hate. it keeps the boys playin good. No class was shown by msu's fans or players. I like watchin our boys smile after winning on the road and I enjoy watchin Cousins get his revenge.
Yeah it's funny when your not very good and people beat you how there such good sports but when you're loaded they hate you. I agree that Cousins deserves a little RESPECT.
Ah Cousins needs to let them know that they dont matter to him now, and they REALLY wont matter to him when he's making 10 million dollars a year..
Cousins is 18 or 19 years old, so I doubt he'll just move on.

I know I would have a blast with the fans that call.
How bout
" Call me from Madison Square Garden, Ill be in Indianapolis."
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:Normally I would say, be the bigger man and let your performance do the talking, but since I saw a report that some of the messages were racial, I say let them have it. In my opinion, the racial messages are much worse than any bottle you can throw. Talk about class.

Personally I'd rather be called a name than be hit with a bottle any day.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:How bout
" Call me from Madison Square Garden, Ill be in Indianapolis."

HAHAHAHA that is great!!! Thats the best one I have heard. :lmao::lmao:
Lovin' the Hate we are getting by everyone including ESPN. I'd say we're the most hated team in America right now, and doesn't it feel great!
BelfryPride Wrote:Lovin' the Hate we are getting by everyone including ESPN. I'd say we're the most hated team in America right now, and doesn't it feel great!

Not sure what hate we're getting from ESPN other than Forde being his usual, ******* self.

Dickie V has had nothing but praise all year for UK, yeah he has trouble not saying Duke every 5 minutes, but he's at least giving us praise.

I like how Forde is contradictory in his latest blog though. Saying the refs bad calls warranted bottle-throwing, yet, it's never ok to throw anything on the floor.

He did go on to rip MSU fans, saying they're some of the nastiest he's ever seen in his career.
University of Kentucky big man Demarcus Cousins had a special message for Mississippi State fans after the Cats beat the Bulldogs 81-75.

"Call me. Call me."

Some Bulldog fans got a hold of Cousins' cell phone number before the Feb. 16 game, and were calling and texting the Wildcat center in the days leading up to the contest. "Big Cuz" says some of the messages were rude, crude and downright ugly.

After the game, Cousins was apparently more than happy to talk to Bulldog fans about the Wildcat win, and his 19 points and 14 rebounds.
Imagine that, Skip Bayless and this other mini punk on 1st and 10 are giving the "Mississippi State got robbed" gig...Skip Bayless is the most clueless sports personality on television. EVERYTHING he says is for shock value ONLY. The ONLY person on this show that makes any sense is Jalen Rose, because he's BEEN THERE. Sheeeesh.
I dont care what the MSU fans sent him or was throwing at him, he needed to be a class act just like Kentucky is, and not do nothing. Even if they were racial messages, it just shows how low and repulsive their fans really are. And the whole nation saw that last night. The best thing for Kentucky or any other top team or player can do in that situation is play the game. Don't do the "call me" hand gesture or nothing like that. That just shows that it gets to him and honestly shows his maturity level. I love Cousins to death, my second favorite player but you just can't react the way he did especially on national television. As for them throwing bottles on the floor, that was just horrible. MSU faculty and President should be embarrassed. I Hate them now......

I don't want you all to get the wrong impression, Cousins is playing for Kentucky. One of the most respected traditions in college basketball. Look at JJ Redick when Maryland taunted his name, made nasty posters, said stuff about his sister, called him. He has to switch numbers five times. Never once did he say anything back. Class act for Duke, and I'm sure Coach K was the one that told him to do so. Coach Cal needs to sit with all the players and tell them, Calm down , play our game dont worry about nothing else. Lets represent Kentucky!!!
I like MSU players..Dee Bost done very well of playing under control last night...And yes there was some bad calls in OT that went in the cats direction..but that doesnt mean throw bottles on to the floor...And for CUZ i say great way to keep your cool and you have came along way..At the start of the season to the start of conference play I hated you! Really i hated your attitude! It was horrible, you wanted to knock everyones head if they looked at you funny! But now you are getting text and calls from other teams and you keep your cool! What an improvemnet! I say that you call them "IF" you make it to the final 4...
However i liked the idea of the MSU fans texting him! How smart? I mean you have a player of the year candidate coming that has a hard time keeping his cool anyway...Why not send him text..Racists text, NO i hated that...Cuz stepped up to the plate tho!
crazyfan4 Wrote:I dont care what the MSU fans sent him or was throwing at him, he needed to be a class act just like Kentucky is, and not do nothing. Even if they were racial messages, it just shows how low and repulsive their fans really are. And the whole nation saw that last night. The best thing for Kentucky or any other top team or player can do in that situation is play the game. Don't do the "call me" hand gesture or nothing like that. That just shows that it gets to him and honestly shows his maturity level. I love Cousins to death, my second favorite player but you just can't react the way he did especially on national television. As for them throwing bottles on the floor, that was just horrible. MSU faculty and President should be embarrassed. I Hate them now......

I don't want you all to get the wrong impression, Cousins is playing for Kentucky. One of the most respected traditions in college basketball. Look at JJ Redick when Maryland taunted his name, made nasty posters, said stuff about his sister, called him. He has to switch numbers five times. Never once did he say anything back. Class act for Duke, and I'm sure Coach K was the one that told him to do so. Coach Cal needs to sit with all the players and tell them, Calm down , play our game dont worry about nothing else. Lets represent Kentucky!!!

Couldnt agree more! I still think they have good coach though
ComfortEagle Wrote:Not sure what hate we're getting from ESPN other than Forde being his usual, ******* self.

Dickie V has had nothing but praise all year for UK, yeah he has trouble not saying Duke every 5 minutes, but he's at least giving us praise.

I like how Forde is contradictory in his latest blog though. Saying the refs bad calls warranted bottle-throwing, yet, it's never ok to throw anything on the floor.

He did go on to rip MSU fans, saying they're some of the nastiest he's ever seen in his career.

Mike Wilbon said the refs "handed" the game to UK today on PTI. He did however say the actions by the MSU fans were classless. I liked the ole dude from MSU who was a staff member or something and wouldn't shake Big Cuz' hand and he was trash talkin' Cuz. That dude looked like he couldn't spell "water bottle".
bucslover68 Wrote:Mike Wilbon said the refs "handed" the game to UK today on PTI. He did however say the actions by the MSU fans were classless. I liked the ole dude from MSU who was a staff member or something and wouldn't shake Big Cuz' hand and he was trash talkin' Cuz. That dude looked like he couldn't spell "water bottle".

Personally these announcers are idiots....

Did they say anything about The refs handing the game to tebow earlier this yeaR?

Did they say anything about the refs handing the game to WVU against UL?

Did they say anything about the refs handing the win to Kansas over Texas A>M?

Did they say anything about the refs handing the game to Syracuse against uconn?

NO! they hate kentucky, always have. If this was a Win for Kansas, Duke or 1 of UNC very few wins they would just be like well they missed a call. Kentucky was down by 7 with 2 minutes left. Miss St. gave it to us.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Personally these announcers are idiots....

Did they say anything about The refs handing the game to tebow earlier this yeaR?

Did they say anything about the refs handing the game to WVU against UL?

Did they say anything about the refs handing the win to Kansas over Texas A>M?

Did they say anything about the refs handing the game to Syracuse against uconn?

NO! they hate kentucky, always have. If this was a Win for Kansas, Duke or 1 of UNC very few wins they would just be like well they missed a call. Kentucky was down by 7 with 2 minutes left. Miss St. gave it to us.

I agree..it was in OT when they got the calls!
Pages: 1 2