Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Makayla Epps makes name her own
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found this article in the Courier-Journal this morning:

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...me+her+own
From the link above:

Quote:“She's working hard to just be Makayla Epps,” Anthony Epps said. “It makes it hard on her because of who she is and because everybody knows her name. But she understands I am her father and I am here for her.
“Makayla can be great if she keeps working as hard as she is right now.”

Epps leads Marion County, which is undefeated against in-state competition, with 15.4 points a game. After starting varsity play in the seventh grade, she has already surpassed 1,000 points for her career.
I really hopes she comes to UK. She has already passed 1,000 points, and she's only a freshman.
ryanblue1424 Wrote:I really hopes she comes to UK. She has already passed 1,000 points, and she's only a freshman.

I firmly belive that unless Geno or Pat come calling she will be UK bound...Her dad being who he is might help that goal as well :biggrin:
Epps is for sure one of the best players I have ever seen play. I watched her a few times In Lexington while she was a seventh and eigth grader and she was by far the best player there, her bball skills were far beyond her age. Epps is one of them players that the first time you watch her play you know she will be playing some high level D1 ball somewhere, I would like to see her at UK but if not I don't think she will have any trouble playing somewhere.:Thumbs:
I hope UK snatches her up/.

Crazy what kind of talent is in that family
When you walked into the gym and started watching all the games at KBA, there no doubt who was the best, most exciting, basketball strong player was in the gym. Then you inquire who is that and it's Anthony Epps daughter. You didn't have to know who her dad is to know she's a great player, I can tell you that.
alleycat53 Wrote:When you walked into the gym and started watching all the games at KBA, there no doubt who was the best, most exciting, basketball strong player was in the gym. Then you inquire who is that and it's Anthony Epps daughter. You didn't have to know who her dad is to know she's a great player, I can tell you that.

:Thumbs: VERY quality post!