Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Worst Announcers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What announcers or announcing tandem do you least enjoy? Any sport any era.
Easy... George Grande and Chris Welsh for the Reds.
Brent Musburger with anybody especially Bobby Knight
LCDAWGS19 Wrote:Easy... George Grande and Chris Welsh for the Reds.

The only man in America that CONSISTENTLY calls the Pirates the "Buccos!" I know Pirates FANS that don't ever use that term, :lmao:
Billy Packer
Chris Berman
Joe Morgan
Tony Kornheiser
**** Vitale
Bill Walton
Mike Patrick
Tim McGarver
Bob Costas
Stardust Wrote:Billy Packer
Chris Berman
Joe Morgan
Tony Kornheiser
**** Vitale
Bill Walton
Mike Patrick
Tim McGarver
Bob Costas

I can't STAND these three. The three are legends but I just don't like them. Chris Berman is okay in small doses, but I can't stand to hear "back back back back back back" and whenever I was a Raiders fan I hated to hear "The Oakland RAAAAIIIIDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSSS"
Chris Collinsworth
Phil Simms
Ian Eagle
Tim McGarver
Steve Lavin
Any of the wanna be announcers that are sports writers except Woody Paige
Cris Collinsworth
Bill Walton
Seth Davis
Bill Rafferty
I am sure I will come up with more later
Also, I dont like Lee Corso. I find him just like dicky v.
The guy that does the announcing at the regionals, at the expo center. It's the same guy that does the Applachian wireless commercials. His voice gets on my nerves.
As a graduate of Raceland, I have never liked any of the PA announcers for football or basketball at Raceland. All of them through the years have been so obnoxious.
Billy Packer, Marv Albert, Tony Kornheiser, Clark Kellogg, Seth Davis, Dennis Miller, Dan Dierdorf, Bill Walsh was miserable, Phil Simms, Sam Bowie, Ralph Hacker, Bill Walton, Tim McCarver, Bill Rafferty, John Madden and Pat Summerall made my ears hurt the last 10 years, listening to **** Enberg call a NASCAR race was miserable too..
Real Badman Wrote:Chris Collinsworth

Not the pride of Highlands High School! :yikes: :biggrin:
The most obvious choice is PAM WARD. By far the worst in any sport in the history of the world.
I forgot to add the human sleeping pill, Skip Carey to my list..Rod Gilmore is awful too..
Billy Packer
Clark Kellogg
Tony Kornheiser
Ron Jaworski
Jay Bilas
Bill Raftery
Steve Lavin
Dan Schulman
Doug Gottlieb
Seth Davis
Jay Williams
John Gruden
Mike Tirico
Chris Collinsworth
Phil Simms
Mike Breen
Jeff Van Gundy
Marc Jackson
John Barry
Karl Ravech
Hubert Davis
Digger Phelps

Yeah, those are all the one's that I really cant stand listening to.
Panther Thunder Wrote:The most obvious choice is PAM WARD. By far the worst in any sport in the history of the world.

:Thumbs:
Vern Lundquist.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Vern Lundquist.

I like his voice and the banter with the color guy just fine... it's his constant butchering of names that irritates me.
Maybe it's just because I watch A LOT of college basketball, but most of the bad ones that come to mind are from that sport. A summary:

Billy Packer = all-time ACC homer and Kentucky hater; did not even attempt to hide his bias

Bob Knight = another Kentucky hater with ZERO talent behind the mic

Clark Kellogg = very overrated; not sure how he landed the #1 spot at CBS

Bill Raftery = annoying to listen to

Larry Conley = he may be an ex-Cat, but he shows a definite anti-UK bias when he calls a Kentucky game; also rarely gives any useful insight

"Dickie-V" Vitale = appreciate the enthusiasm, but he is painful to listen to

Joe Dean Jr. = wishes he had half his father's talent
-STAT- Wrote:Jay Bilas

I must disagree with you here. Even though it pains me to admit it about an ex-Dookie, Jay Bilas is among the best in the business right now. He is very intelligent, gives great analysis, and shows absolutley NO favortism. A listener would have no idea of his allegiance to Duke by listening to him on TV.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I forgot to add the human sleeping pill, Skip Carey to my list..

Ain't that the truth. Skip Carey was terrible, I always hated having to hear him whenever the Reds played the Braves on TBS. That was always one of those "watch on TV, listen on radio" times for me.
Uhhhh Joe Buck!
College:
Digger Phelps
Billy Packer
Larry Conley
Kirk Herbsteit

NFL
John Gruden
Joe Buck
Phil Simms

NASCAR
The entire ESPN crew except Dr. Jerry Punch (I like Rusty Wallace even less as an announcer than I did as a driver and I didnt think that was possible LOL!)
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:NASCAR
The entire ESPN crew except Dr. Jerry Punch (I like Rusty Wallace even less as an announcer than I did as a driver and I didnt think that was possible LOL!)
You can't help but like Darrel Waltrip.
TheRealVille Wrote:You can't help but like Darrel Waltrip.

Boogety-boogety! :biggrin:
More Cowbell Wrote:I must disagree with you here. Even though it pains me to admit it about an ex-Dookie, Jay Bilas is among the best in the business right now. He is very intelligent, gives great analysis, and shows absolutley NO favortism. A listener would have no idea of his allegiance to Duke by listening to him on TV.

:Thumbs: I was about to post it but you beat me to it.

Jay is the opposite of Clark Kellogg and his "When I was at Ohio State..." Even though Clark is okay.
TheRealVille Wrote:You can't help but like Darrel Waltrip.
From the time DW stepped in the booth at Fox he became one of my all time favorites.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Billy Packer, Marv Albert, Tony Kornheiser, Clark Kellogg, Seth Davis, Dennis Miller, Dan Dierdorf, Bill Walsh was miserable, Phil Simms, Sam Bowie, Ralph Hacker, Bill Walton, Tim McCarver, Bill Rafferty, John Madden and Pat Summerall made my ears hurt the last 10 years, listening to **** Enberg call a NASCAR race was miserable too..

:Clap:
Cannot stand Bob " disgusting" Knight. **** Vitale, he comes on, my tv goes to mute, and my radio comes on. One of the worst was Howard Cossell.
Pages: 1 2