Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Announcers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What announcers or announcing tandems do you enjoy listening to the most? Any sport, present or past.
I always loved listening to Marty and Joe call the Red's games.
Jay Bilas comes to mind. I will add more later.
Marv Albert
Peter Gammons
Jon Miller
Gus Johnson
Al Michaels
Dan Patrick
Mike Tirico
**** Enberg
Chris Fowler
Stardust Wrote:Marv Albert
Peter Gammons
Jon Miller
Gus Johnson
Al Michaels
Dan Patrick
Mike Tirico
**** Enberg
Chris Fowler

These are two of the greats. They are also very good about showing NO Bias...unless it is USA Hockey :biggrin:
Al Michaels
Jon Miller
Jim Nantz (He should not be paired up with someone as bad as Simms)
Joe Buck and Troy Aikman
Darryl Johnston Tony Siragusa, **** Stockton (I think he is the play by play announcer)
Jimmy Dykes and Brad Nessler
Jay Bilas
George Grande
Clark Kellogg
I always enjoyed Larry Conley, THE Cawood Ledford, Brent Musberger, Jim Nantz, loved to listen to Don Meredith, Tunch Ilkin, Myron Cope, Tim Brando, Joe Dean Sr, Tom Hammond, Tom Leach and Jeff Van Note were great to listen to in the Couch era, Al Maguire (the ex Marquette coach), Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit, Jon Gruden is a blast, Whoa Nelly Keith Jackson, George Foreman and Larry Merchant, Bob Walk, Hal Reynolds..those come to the top of my head at the moment..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I always enjoyed Larry Conley, THE Cawood Ledford, Brent Musberger, Jim Nantz, loved to listen to Don Meredith, Tunch Ilkin, Myron Cope, Tim Brando, Joe Dean Sr, Tom Hammond, Tom Leach and Jeff Van Note were great to listen to in the Couch era, Al Maguire (the ex Marquette coach), Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit, Jon Gruden is a blast, Whoa Nelly Keith Jackson, George Foreman and Larry Merchant, Bob Walk, Hal Reynolds..those come to the top of my head at the moment..

I don't know if it was just because it was UK playing, but I always loved listening to Cawood and Ralph.

Does anyone remember Joe Dean saying "string music in LEXINGTON KY"
My personal favorite is Gene Deckerhoff. If you get the chance, you should tune in and listen to him, very good.

Here is some examples:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df9WlJAHlWw&feature=channel"]YouTube- FSU BYU 2nd half[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3FZFBfx54s"]YouTube- FSU Rix to Sam 3[/ame]
Old School Wrote:I don't know if it was just because it was UK playing, but I always loved listening to Cawood and Ralph.

That is exactly why I put him there..I loved listening to Joe Dean Sr..his son isnt that good, but "Striiiiiing music" is one of my favorites lol..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:That is exactly why I put him there..I loved listening to Joe Dean Sr..his son isnt that good, but "Striiiiiing music" is one of my favorites lol..

I guess my eyesight is getting worse TH, I didn't see Joe Dean Sr. on your list. I'm not a big fan of Jr. but always like Sr.
Dickie V
Al Michaels
**** Enberg
Tim Brando
Jim Nantz
Joe Buck
Troy Aikman
James Brown
Marv Albert
Cawood Ledford
Tom Leach
Marty Brennaman
Joe Nuxhall
Jon Miller (I think Miller is his last name, he does the sunday night baseball games on ESPN and does radio for the San Fran Cisco Giants)
Chris Berman
U got to like dickie V
Old School Wrote:I don't know if it was just because it was UK playing, but I always loved listening to Cawood and Ralph.

Yea I forgot about that.
Westside Wrote:Yea I forgot about that.

Keith Jackson calling any football game.
John Madden and Pat Summerall.
Marty and Joe... mute the TV and turn on the radio

Gus Johnson-not a better guy for March Madness

Danny Weddle- WFTM Maysville, KY
As a Reds fan, I gotta say I loved listening to Marty and Joe as a kid, long before there was such a thing as Fox Ohio and the internet.

And of course, Cawood Ledford always painted such a vivid picture of UK games on the radio.

Others on my list:

College football = Gary Danielson, Todd Blackledge
College basketball = Jay Bilas, Gus Johnson
NFL = Jim Nantz, Al Michaels
MLB = Jack Buck
Jon Miller
Tom Leach
Brad Nessler
Gus Johnson and Jay Bilas are pretty good. I wonder who would call the play-by-play for a game if they were color-commentating?
Good ole JR and Jerry the King Lawler.
Joey Styles-ECW JBL-WWE
Larry Zabisco, Mike Tanay, and Tony Schiavani.
My All Time Favorites:
Cawood Ledford
Myron Cope
Harry Carey
Ned Jarrett
Benny Parsons
Ken Squire

Here are some others I like today:
College Sports:
Tom Leach
Mike Pratt
Dickie V
Chris Fowler
Lee Corso
Tim Brando

NFL
John Madden
Ron Jaworski
Darryl Johnston
AL Micheals
Bill Hargrove
Tunch Illkin
Terry Bradshaw

NASCAR
Dr. Jerry Punch
The entire Fox team minus Chris Myers
Can't believe all the UK fans on here havent mentioned Jimmy Dykes... you can tell he's a Wildcat!
LCDAWGS19 Wrote:Can't believe all the UK fans on here havent mentioned Jimmy Dykes... you can tell he's a Wildcat!

Jimmy Dykes is an idiot.
Cawood