Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 8th Grade Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When does the 8th grade state tournament bracket come out?
Zonaboy Wrote:When does the 8th grade state tournament bracket come out?

It came out tonight. Here is the link:

http://www.playkba.com/AsaPages/Schedule...iew=Shared
Its already out. Go to KBA website.
Adams vs. SCOTT CO. !!
Betsy Layne vs. Bowling Green
Johnson Central vs. Conner
those are a few that I remember
Anyone got any information on My Old Ky Home, LTMS, or Frankfort?
One of my kids moved from Lexington and he told me LTMS was pretty good ??
The bracket is out. http://www.playkba.com

Who are the top four teams? I know about Moss because they won the 7th grade state tournament last year.

I heard two Louisville teams are participating. What do we know about them- Crosby and Meyzeek? They must be strong because in the past years they only participate when they have a good team.

My son's team plays the Meyzeek team in Friday's preliminary game. If anybody has any info on them please let us know.
Thanks guys!!!! I see two Louisville teams are in, Crosby and Meyzeek. What do you guys know about their opponents? Crosby vs. W Jessamine and Meyzeek vs. Knox County.
Zonaboy Wrote:Thanks guys!!!! I see two Louisville teams are in, Crosby and Meyzeek. What do you guys know about their opponents? Crosby vs. W Jessamine and Meyzeek vs. Knox County.

I know that Knox is pretty good. I haven't seen them play, but someone form Hazard could probably tell you something. I think they played them the day after the BCI tournament.
Knox Co. is very good. They beat LTMS last year in the final 8 and lost to Johnson Co. in the final four. Their 7th grade finished runner-up this year at state and some of them play 8th grade.
Knox is pretty good. The shooting guard lights it up from outside and point guard can get to the basket and score. They beat Hazard by 3 at Knox in OT. I don"t think they have played that many games, though, due to the weather and school being out.
The reason Crosby and Meyzeek don't compete every year is because the city tournament is usually the same weekend as the state. The only reason they are competing this year is because the city got pushed back due to the snow. Both teams are competitive
Johnson Co. is a strong team to watch for, all of the team plays well together. They were the 7th grade runner ups last year. Trevor Sherman is an 8th grader 6'2" and 165lb very athletic has very strong defense skills. The whole team is strong and has high rankings!!! Looking forward to state!!
Anyone know anything about Meece??
Meece is a decent team. They are a physical team with a good shooting guard named Cheveraunt. They are all football players and rely mainly on their guards. They will shoot a lot of 3's. They will play you 2-3 zone or M-M and will sometimes press with a 1-2-1-1. Good luck!
What about East Carter? Size, Defense, Press, etc
east doesnt have much size but alot of quickness
Court 6 is Beaumont Middle School in Lexington and Court 7 is Royal Spring in Georgetown. Just in case any one needed to know.
Zonaboy,

I just sent you a pm. I would like contact info on this tournament. Thanks.
Know anything about Middlesboro?
Good Luck to all teams this weekend! This should be a great tournament!
Court 6 has been changed to The Foundation.

cart man Wrote:Court 6 is Beaumont Middle School in Lexington and Court 7 is Royal Spring in Georgetown. Just in case any one needed to know.
Any first thoughts on who could win this tournament?