Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: State Tourney question ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Scott County and Lincoln County 8th grade ...
Can anyone give any info on these two teams ?
Both are very good teams capable of being in the final 8. There are about 20 teams that could make it to the round of 8.

Lincoln is solid and deep with no real stars. Scott has Portwood and Cunningham who can both flat play but are a little weak after that.
I watched Scott play last year in the state and if they have the same players they were a quick team. The Hall kid looked good. Scott made it to the quarters.
Scott County
Portwood is a very dominant player. One of the top 10 8th graders in state. Martini and Daniel are very good outside shooters. Cunningham very quick PG.
They will play a 2-2-1 full court press or 1-2-2 half court trap. I would say Scott County has under two losses this year.

Lincoln County no stars but very solid team. They run a Diamond Press unless they have changed. Very quick team and solid on defense.
How about Beaumont 8th, does anyone have any info on them.
How about East Carter?
Size? Defenses?
Curious to know if anyone can tell me anything about Russel Co's 8th grade team... looks like we could play them depending on how things play out!!