Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Amar'e To Cleveland?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rumors have been heavily going around during all-star weekend that Amar'e Stoudemire will be traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers. What does everyone think of this? Would it be a good trade?
yeah if this does happen all i can is kobe and L.A . Good luckin gettin ur championship cause it aint gonna happen . i mean lebron shaq and amare alone is to much for kobe and the lakers to handle
If it happens, I see the Cavs getting their rings, and resigning both LeBron and Amare in the summer.
Amare is staying in Phoenix. This is the 3rd straight year of this stuff with Amare. He's not going anywhere
all i can say is..Amare, Shaq, Lebron, and MO! Wow Kobe doesnt have a chance..not that he did anyway this season
Kobe always has a chance. Never count out Kobe Pau and Phil Jackson the best coach in history. Amar'e isn't going to the cavs though, wishful thinking.
theVILLE Wrote:all i can say is..Amare, Shaq, Lebron, and MO! Wow Kobe doesnt have a chance..not that he did anyway this season

I've said the in thre three other threads on here about Amare being traded, why would he go to Cleveland and play with Shaq. He didn't like it when Shaq was in Phoenix, which is why he wanted to be traded the last two years. Why would he want to go play in the same paint that Shaq didn't want him in now??????
Stardust Wrote:I've said the in thre three other threads on here about Amare being traded, why would he go to Cleveland and play with Shaq. He didn't like it when Shaq was in Phoenix, which is why he wanted to be traded the last two years. Why would he want to go play in the same paint that Shaq didn't want him in now??????

If you going to dream dream big right!! lets go for chris paul for mo williams and Dwight howard for Shaq:Clap:
Stardust Wrote:I've said the in thre three other threads on here about Amare being traded, why would he go to Cleveland and play with Shaq. He didn't like it when Shaq was in Phoenix, which is why he wanted to be traded the last two years. Why would he want to go play in the same paint that Shaq didn't want him in now??????

Read the news articles.. Amare posted on his twitter account that people need to stop saying that they can't play together because he averaged more points last year with Shaq and played better defense. Kerr and Ferry are close friends, the Heat players do not interest the Suns, and they know Amare is leaving. I think he will be dealt to the Cavs before the deadline.
The heat is also trying to get amare
Why is Amare on the move? Does he have a favorable contract? Is he in the last year of it? Why is Amare the hot-button for all the trade-talk?
He isn't necessarily a "hot-button", but the Suns are almost positive that Amare is going to walk away in free agency this summer, so they need to trade him to get at least something out of him. Yes the Heat are after him, but the Suns sources have said more than once that the Heat have nothing to offer them besides Beasley and they don't want him. They will get huge financial relief in the deal with the Cavs, plus a young talented JJ Hickson they can try and use to help rebuild. Either way, I wish they would do something so we won't have to keep waiting.
runninrebs21 Wrote:He isn't necessarily a "hot-button", but the Suns are almost positive that Amare is going to walk away in free agency this summer, so they need to trade him to get at least something out of him. Yes the Heat are after him, but the Suns sources have said more than once that the Heat have nothing to offer them besides Beasley and they don't want him. They will get huge financial relief in the deal with the Cavs, plus a young talented JJ Hickson they can try and use to help rebuild. Either way, I wish they would do something so we won't have to keep waiting.

Gotcha!
I just don't see it happening.

Amare for Big-Z and Hickson, what exactly do the Suns get out of this? Even if the Cavs threw in a 1st round draft pick, the Suns still would not benefit from this trade.

I think Miami makes a better push and has a better chance at landing Amare.
IF Cleveland did get him, as a Lakers fan I would hate that.
hope this happens...Lebron needs a player like Amar'e and deserves one as welll...really want him to win a chapionship for JMO he is the best player in the NBA where is shot is now improved
Crazy Horse Wrote:hope this happens...Lebron needs a player like Amar'e and deserves one as welll...really want him to win a chapionship for JMO he is the best player in the NBA where is shot is now improved

Would Amare accept being a #2?
Stardust Wrote:Would Amare accept being a #2?

Hope not.
Stardust Wrote:Would Amare accept being a #2?

He never has. But lebron or wade would put him in his place.
They say that Philly is also in the hunt to, but not as much as Cleveland or Miami, plus I dont think they would give up Igudoala.
I think Philly is out.. They announced today that they were NOT going to trade Iggy. That takes them out. It will be either Miami or Cleveland. Also, the Cavs might acquire Jason Richardson too if they get Amare. If they don't get Amare or even if they do, they are still going to try to get Antawn Jamison from the Wizards.
Im praying that it happens cause i'd hat to see lebron in New York.
I hope and also dont think it will happen. However if it does I hope their chemistry is thrown off balance in clev. and they lose 3 or 4 games giving lakers the best team and home court adv. incase they do meet in the finals.

Cavs are best keeping who they have and not messing with their chemistry that put them number 1.
Antwan Jamison from the wizards to the CAVS??Heavily discussed on ESPN right now
On espn they just said Amar'e wanted go to to Miami and did not want to be in Cleveland.
That is a false report. Amare has said he is open to Cleveland and loves the idea of playing alongside LeBron. He also posted on his twitter account a couple nights ago that people need to stop saying him and Shaq didn't play well together because he avged more points and played better defense WITH Shaq. So it looks to me that he would not mind playing in Cleveland. The Lakers fans, Celtic fans, and Magic fans are just afraid of Amare coming to the Cavs. Either Amare or Jamison would put the Cavs in a great position to win the championship though. Anyone who says they need to stand pat and make no trades because of chemistry and the best record, look at last year.
Amare stays in PHX. Also.. runninrebs21, Magic is going to do the same thing they did to Cleveland last year, which is put them out of the east.