Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott Central Coach?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
any news on the coach?
ive heard breathitts coach got the job
14thregionrules Wrote:ive heard breathitts coach got the job

where did you hear this from??? you have a link anywhere???
Strikeout King Wrote:where did you hear this from??? you have a link anywhere???

He has no idea what he's talking about.
Aslan Wrote:He has no idea what he's talking about.

i don't see Holcomb leaving BC, if he does i will be shocked
Holcomb is not going anywhere period. No disrespect to KCC, but he would be a complete nut to leave Breathitt for KCC. I could see maybe Justin Haddix or another assistant coach leaving but not Holcomb. Whomever you hear it from, please tell them they are misinformed.
I could see Kyle Moore going...I didn't know Justin was a coach there. I'm sure he would do a good job too. But for the Holcomb comment...he has had a thousand times better offers that he turned down...so I would highly doubt if he takes this unless they offer him double the teaching salary and doesn't teach, just coach.
some of the football players from knott co have told me and aslan your in *** you probably someone from perry central thats jelous that were better than you all
14thregionrules Wrote:some of the football players from knott co have told me and aslan your in *** you probably someone from perry central thats jelous that were better than you all

well ive looked and can't find anything about it on Topix, on either side. and it still shows that he's the still Breathitt's Coach and AD
Well, I have applied and I truly believe KCC can have a quality Football Program or I would not have applied. I don't want to go there to have a good team and leave for greener grass. I want to go there and build a program like Breathitt has built. Folks, us old timers can remember when teams like Breathitt and Bell County were considered wins on your schedule. Well, that has changed for sure. The same can happen at KCC. Yes, you have to have good Administration support, upgrade facilities, etc. Most importatntly, you have to get the kids to believe they can win. Losing is addictive but thank goodnesss so is winning. If I get the nod, I will be excited and look t bring excitement to the good folks of Knott County.
Strikeout King Wrote:well ive looked and can't find anything about it on Topix, on either side. and it still shows that he's the still Breathitt's Coach and AD
Why in the world would the coach and AD from Breathitt go to KCC? Makes no sense at any angle you look at it. If the coach did not leave for Madison Central, he will certainly not leave for KCC.
14thregionrules Wrote:some of the football players from knott co have told me and aslan your in *** you probably someone from perry central thats jelous that were better than you all

Im not from PCC, I am from Breathitt. Ask those players who from Breathitt is coming, cause as I said before its not Holcomb, maybe an assistant.
C.Clair Wrote:Holcomb is not going anywhere period. No disrespect to KCC, but he would be a complete nut to leave Breathitt for KCC. I could see maybe Justin Haddix or another assistant coach leaving but not Holcomb. Whomever you hear it from, please tell them they are misinformed.
:Thumbs:
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Why in the world would the coach and AD from Breathitt go to KCC? Makes no sense at any angle you look at it. If the coach did not leave for Madison Central, he will certainly not leave for KCC.

i don't think he's going anywhere, i believe that if he was leaving there would have been all kinds of speculation about it, i believe its just a tale someone has made up
Im right there with you SK. Holcomb has had offers to coach at the college level and declined them to remain at Breathitt.
C.Clair Wrote:Im right there with you SK. Holcomb has had offers to coach at the college level and declined them to remain at Breathitt.

i looked on the other board, couldn't find nothing, asked people on topix, and only 1 said he was leaving and that was from breathitt, and the one response from Knott County was "Give Me A Break", so im pretty sure he's not going anywhere, if he does ill be shocked. like i said i believe its just speculation that someone started to get other peoples hopes up only to be shattered
I believe that person posted the same thing on the other KCC thread. I agree with all of the above. Mike is not going to leave Breathitt. I am sure he gets offers every year, good offers. Obviously, he is where he wants to be. Let me ad, he is a class act. In 1998, my father past away the week before Cawood (I was the Head Coach) played Breathitt in a Huge District game. Mike had the announcer have a moment of silence in honor of my father before the game. I will never, ever forget that class act.
J.L.

The football players are wrong. There's noway he goes from Breathitt to Knott Co, big step DOWN. He's about to retire here in a few years anyway. Jealous? LMBO. Sure Knott won the other night but Perry has dominated them of late, winning 5 of the last 7. Perry's also dominated Knott in football too. Whens the last time Knott beat the Dores in football? Serious question, it's been around 4 years.
I would say with the snow days missed, and other missed days over the last couple of weeks, it has set them behind some. I am looking forward to speaking to whoever does the hiring soon. If the Administration is going to back the program and support it, which from what I am hearing they are planning on doing it. Knott County could be a "Diamond in the Ruff". I just hope the kids are in the weight room, if they are not participating in sports. In addition, I would like to see a wrestling team started, if KCC does not have one at this time. Football and Wrestling compliment each other greatly. I think core strength and speed is what you want. Just because you can bench 350lbs does not mean you can play ball. SPEED will win games for you, along with being flexible and good core strength which helps get you through the seson free of injury.
well when u guys find out sumthin tell me i would like to know
Soon, I hope because if it is me, I am excited about geting started and working with the young me. There has to be an immediate mental change. If you have played the game, you will know what I mean by this statement. The game of football is 100% mental. 70% mental and 30% funda-mental. That is just how I feel. So again, I or somone has to begin changing the mental perception they have of themselves. Think about it from what is just on here. (A) KCC is a basketball school, (B)KCC football has never had any real success, ©KCC football has no support from the school or administration. (D)KCC football facilities suck compared to basketball, and it goes on and on. So, their mind set (mental frame of mind) has to be changed.

Anyway, if it is me, I will let you know as soon as I can. I can't speak for any others.

John
I was just over at KCC and I think they have a pretty nice setup for Football. Its right beside the school. Has much larger bleachers as compared to Perry Central. It also has a nice fieldhouse. At least I think thats the fieldhouse. They have a track around their field. Also, their baseball field is awesome. Whoever gets this job, may do pretty good for themselves if they give it some time.
Johnny, I agree with you and if I do get the job, I am excited. From my conversations with the AD, I truly believe they want to build their football program up. It will take hard work from the coach and players as well as getting the community interest really behind the program. But, it starts with the Administration and how they approach things. But like you said, the beginnings are there.
John
all due respect, Mountain Warrior but I'm not sure if bashing the Administration in a public forum is a good way to land a job! Just my opinion..
Well, first of all I am by no means bashing the administration. I don't even know them. What I am saying is with any program it starts at the top with the Administration. Regardless of the school, the Administration has to support the program; football, basketball, volleyball, etc. I am not the smartest person but why would I bash an administration of a job I am applying for that just doesn't make sense now, come on.
If you go back and look at the post. I said from my converstations with the AD, they (the administration) that I truly believe they want to build a football program. I don't see that as bashing. I truly believe they want to have a solid program and are willing to do the things to support it. As Johnny Ringo pointed out; nice field, good fieldhouse and weight room, top line equipment. Those are the things I am talking about. For whoever gets the job, I think it will be exciting times for Knott county fans.
Let me say a thing or two about John. I played football at Union College with him and he was one heck of a linebacker. If KCC is fortunate enough to hire him for their next HC, VERY GOOD MOVE!!!
Mountain Warrior Wrote:Well, I have applied and I truly believe KCC can have a quality Football Program or I would not have applied. I don't want to go there to have a good team and leave for greener grass. I want to go there and build a program like Breathitt has built. Folks, us old timers can remember when teams like Breathitt and Bell County were considered wins on your schedule. Well, that has changed for sure. The same can happen at KCC. Yes, you have to have good Administration support, upgrade facilities, etc. Most importatntly, you have to get the kids to believe they can win. Losing is addictive but thank goodnesss so is winning. If I get the nod, I will be excited and look t bring excitement to the good folks of Knott County.
Good Luck coach! I think you will do a fine job if given the opportunity! BTW, I was just stating my opinion. I'm sure I misunderstood what you meant.
No problem, I could have worded it much better than I did. Thanks for understanding and also thanks for the support. Take care and let's hope this thing gets moving soon.
John
does anyone have any idea when they are supose to hire?
Pages: 1 2