Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lee Co. 74 - Powell Co. 54
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

Lee Co. 74 Powell Co. 54

Lee Co. 13 18 20 23 74

Powell
9 14 16 15 54

Lee Co. (7-11) -- Cornelius 9, Evans 13, Mays 12, Pittman 23, Wise 12, Baker 3, Gilbert 2.

Powell (10-7) -- Creech 20, Reed 17, Brewer 11, Conner 2, Parks 2, Pelfrey 2.

http://www.kentucky.com/945/story/104032...PIorderBy=
Great game all the way around for the Boys tonight!! Bobcats are starting to come around and have other players step up at just the right time!! Congrats Boys great game!!
Looks like you're eating your words now Ky313!!:redboxer:
how does the 56th stands now and looks like its going to be a great tournment. I still think any of the 4 teams can win the tournment.What is your thought about the 56th tournment?
pickthewinner Wrote:how does the 56th stands now and looks like its going to be a great tournment. I still think any of the 4 teams can win the tournment.What is your thought about the 56th tournment?

Right now its:
1. Powell
2. Owsley
3. Lee
4. Estill

But, there are still games left to play: Owsley vs Estill, Owsley vs Powell so there can still be some movement in the District which would be if Owsley loses both Lee Co moves into the 2nd seed.
Since it seems like everyone likes to brag about players dunking! I just wanna say great game to Donte Pittman because not only did he have 23 points but he had THREE DUNKS!!!:rockon:
leecoukfan Wrote:Since it seems like everyone likes to brag about players dunking! I just wanna say great game to Donte Pittman because not only did he have 23 points but he had THREE DUNKS!!!:rockon:

did he dunk on anyone??
no but on one he threw down pretty hard
lee can only move up only if powell loses to Owsley Monday. Owsley holds tie breakers over lee and if Owsley beats Powell monday then Owsley goes in tournament number seed. so it would be nice if you are going to post know what you are saying. The 1 seed will come down to Monday Powell at Owsley winner gets it. Owsley stills has to play Estill also but if they beat Powell or Powell beats Owsley it wont matter. Powell holds tie breaker right now.

At the moment
1 or 2 Owsley 3-1
1 or 2 Powell 3-2
3 Lee 3-3
4 Estill 1-4
Lee County is playing much better. They had an 11 point lead over Owsley only to let Owsley come back and defeat them. Then they beat Powell this bad. With the 56th being at Lee County the Bobcats may shock some people.
speedy socks Wrote:lee can only move up only if powell loses to Owsley Monday. Owsley holds tie breakers over lee and if Owsley beats Powell monday then Owsley goes in tournament number seed. so it would be nice if you are going to post know what you are saying. The 1 seed will come down to Monday Powell at Owsley winner gets it. Owsley stills has to play Estill also but if they beat Powell or Powell beats Owsley it wont matter. Powell holds tie breaker right now.

At the moment
1 or 2 Owsley 3-1
1 or 2 Powell 3-2
3 Lee 3-3
4 Estill 1-4

OK, well i guess they need to get their information straight in the KHSAA website because thats what I'm going by. I'm not gonna come on here and knowingly post incorrect information!!
Lucky7 Wrote:Lee County is playing much better. They had an 11 point lead over Owsley only to let Owsley come back and defeat them. Then they beat Powell this bad. With the 56th being at Lee County the Bobcats may shock some people.

You would be correct on that one!
leecoukfan Wrote:Since it seems like everyone likes to brag about players dunking! I just wanna say great game to Donte Pittman because not only did he have 23 points but he had THREE DUNKS!!!:rockon:

He's the second best athlete in the region, to of course, Tyler Mullins.
I agree lee will be a hard team to beat at home
Aslan Wrote:He's the second best athlete in the region, to of course, Tyler Mullins.

I will agree with that statement. He's gonna be a big name in the 14th Region next year because he is already averaging a double double this year with 16ppg and 13rpg so far this year and he doesn't have much to work with!
leecoukfan Wrote:Right now its:
1. Powell
2. Owsley
3. Lee
4. Estill

But, there are still games left to play: Owsley vs Estill, Owsley vs Powell so there can still be some movement in the District which would be if Owsley loses both Lee Co moves into the 2nd seed.
If Owsley loses to both Estill and Powell, their record would still be 3-3, same as Lee's. But Owsley would still have the number 2 seed due to having beat Lee twice during the season.
I think this is one of the few years I've seen in where seeding really isn't that much significance in the 56th. There's very little difference between the teams from 1 to 4.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:If Owsley loses to both Estill and Powell, their record would still be 3-3, same as Lee's. But Owsley would still have the number 2 seed due to having beat Lee twice during the season.

Well KHSAA says that Owsley already has two district losses, but what do i know. It really doesn't matter to me who we play because I am confident that we will win our 1st Rd game if not win the District!
Congrats LC :Thumbs:
leecoukfan Wrote:Well KHSAA says that Owsley already has two district losses, but what do i know. It really doesn't matter to me who we play because I am confident that we will win our 1st Rd game if not win the District!
The KHSAA's website has records for win-losses for each team in their district and region, plus overall record. It does not make a distinction on whether the game played was for district seeding or an invitational.

Owsley has lost twice to Powell County, but one of the losses was in the Red River Classic and does not count as a seeded district game. Owsley has one more game with Powell, a makeup game in Booneville. They also have a seeded game left with Estill . The Owls district record right now is 3-1.