Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sugar Bowl - #11 West Virginia vs #7 Georgia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Jan 2, 8:30PM ET ABC- Sugar Bowl-Atlanta, GA

Thoughts? Analysis? Predictions?
Hopefully WVU wins it, But I do believe Georgia is wayyyyy too much for the Mountaineers...
On paper, this matchup might not favor WV. They run the ball alot and use quite a bit of option. It's very difficult to run wide oin a defense like UGA's but WV runs it better than almost every school in the country. UGA won't have an easy time running on WV but they could get some big plays through the air with Pope, Bailey, McLendon, and Massaquoi. If WV can keep Shockley from making big plays downfield with his arm, they'll be in the game until the fourth quarter. While they have less talent than the Bulldogs, they are extremely well coached and very tough. They are a competitive bunch and don't back down from anybody. They won't bow out easily in this one. I think it will be a very tight game until the fourth quarter where, once again, Shockley makes a big play or two.
I think maybe the Mountaineers suprise some people in this one, but they will have to play perfect ball to win.
I would love to see the 'Neers pull this out, but I think Shockley will be too much for them.

Georgia by 17
Georgia
I think the Mountaineers will pull this one out...from what I have seen they have a well conditioned team.

Mountaineers by 10
Georgia by 2 TD's
Georgia
D.J. Shockley will run all over the mountaineers in this one.
They will win by at least 10.