Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sources: Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson Out Of All Star Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
DALLAS -- The ankle injury that has sidelined Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant for the last three games will knock him out of Sunday's All-Star Game as well.

The NBA has lined up Jason Kidd of the hometown Dallas Mavericks to play in Bryant's absence.

ESPN.com has also learned Allen Iverson won't participate (personal matters) and will be replaced by New York's David Lee.

Bryant has played through back, finger and groin ailments this season but has not been able to shake an ankle problem that forced him to miss a game through injury for the first time since late in the 2005-06 season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/allstar201...id=4906423
Who in the world is David Lee? I mean really. We couldnt find a better replacment? I can live without Iverson....but no Kobe???? Whats an All-Star game without him??
K_Mac Wrote:Who in the world is David Lee? I mean really. We couldnt find a better replacment? I can live without Iverson....but no Kobe???? Whats an All-Star game without him??

David Lee is the Forward from Florida
That should make things interesting for the West side! That will be a major loss for them not having Kobe!! Lets go East!
leecoukfan Wrote:That should make things interesting for the West side! That will be a major loss for them not having Kobe!! Lets go East!

Easy should win easily without Kobe. Hope KG gets MVP
Should have through in vince carter.
K_Mac Wrote:Who in the world is David Lee? I mean really. We couldnt find a better replacment? I can live without Iverson....but no Kobe???? Whats an All-Star game without him??

I guess you don't watch much basketball.
Lee is one of only three players averaging 20 and 10 this year.
He's a good player and definitely belongs on the East team over Iverson.
And about Kobe not being able to play, that's just a big ol sad face. Won't be as fun for me without my favorite player in the game.
Aslan Wrote:And about Kobe not being able to play, that's just a big ol sad face. Won't be as fun for me without my favorite player in the game.

Better that we gets healthy for the playoff run. Maybe that will give you your happy face back:biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:Better that we gets healthy for the playoff run. Maybe that will give you your happy face back:biggrin:

It does, it does. Big Grin
I was really wanting to see Kobe outshine LeBron in this one. Hopefully they meet in the finals.
Aslan Wrote:I guess you don't watch much basketball.

Which is why iverson is not playing.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Which is why iverson is not playing.

You think family issues is an excuse? It's a possibility.
Aslan Wrote:You think family issues is an excuse? It's a possibility.

Yea i do. I think he clearly knows he wasnt voted on because of his skill as of late. But myself would have loved to see him be there.
Aslan Wrote:I guess you don't watch much basketball.

It was sarcasm. I know who David Lee is, I still wouldnt have him on my all-star team.