Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bert Brown and Madison Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How will Bert Brown do at Madison Central his first year? I know Madison Central plays against the Big Boys every weekend.
Well judging on his performances at PCC I would say................not too good. Playing the schedule they usually play if you don't play defense it will be a long year.
^^ Im gonna agree with this. I mean, the only tough teams PCC played this year was Harlan, Whitley, Letcher and Pulaski. When you lose the 4 games against the only good teams on the scheldule there's something wrong. But don't get me wrong, They were a good team this year, They played really close @ Letcher and @ Harlan. Good Luck Coach Browne!
William Muney Wrote:Well judging on his performances at PCC I would say................not too good. Playing the schedule they usually play if you don't play defense it will be a long year.

Commodore_Colonel Wrote:^^ Im gonna agree with this. I mean, the only tough teams PCC played this year was Harlan, Whitley, Letcher and Pulaski. When you lose the 4 games against the only good teams on the scheldule there's something wrong. But don't get me wrong, They were a good team this year, They played really close @ Letcher and @ Harlan. Good Luck Coach Browne!

i agree with both of you all, but since Madison Central has big time powerhouses on there schedule, it could be a short run for Browne at Central. Good Luck Coach
Maybe the arrogant one can get them some wins with just his arrogance and knowledge of the game. Hey Coach Brown, can you spell DEFENSE. You better hire you a good coordinator at MCC or you will get drilled.
I give him 2 short years and he will be looking elsewhere for work. No one wants to come and help him and not get paid well for their services. What does he want, people to come and work for free. What does he think this is Perry County.
Strikeout King Wrote:i agree with both of you all, but since Madison Central has big time powerhouses on there schedule, it could be a short run for Browne at Central. Good Luck Coach

It definitely doesn't look good...
but Bert Browne is a great offensive mind...
and if Coach Haddix does well at PCC Bert Browne won't be able to get his old job back like he did the last time he left.

PS. I always like your signatures Strikeout!
Browne will be fine at Madison Central. He will have a lot more to work with than he did at PCC and I have always thought he was a very underrated coach.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Browne will be fine at Madison Central. He will have a lot more to work with than he did at PCC and I have always thought he was a very underrated coach.

Not in his mind!!!!

Strike out..... those pictures ...I can't concentrate.:igiveup:
I'm not sure if many of you are aware of the state of the PCC program before Browne got there. If not, here's a small refresher, no winning seasons, and playoffs 2-3 (not exactly sure here) between 1995-2001. Every winning season PCC has (3-2002,2007,2009) have came under the leadership of Browne, he's also put more PCC teams in the playoffs than any other coach at the school (2002,2007,2008,2009). Defense has improved greatly (see these past few seasons compared to 1998-2001,2003-2005, for more evidence.) It's not like he has had more talent or anything come through the system, Perry has always had good athletes, an example being former EKU quarterback Al Holland, only had 1 winning at PCC, that coming under Browne, as well as several other collegiate level players, Holland being the best example. I will admit Browne is not a good people person and has definitely rubbed a few people the wrong way, but the man is a good football coach. As bad as I hated to see him leave PCC, I wish him well at his alma mater.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I'm not sure if many of you are aware of the state of the PCC program before Browne got there. If not, here's a small refresher, no winning seasons, and playoffs 2-3 (not exactly sure here) between 1995-2001. Every winning season PCC has (3-2002,2007,2009) have came under the leadership of Browne, he's also put more PCC teams in the playoffs than any other coach at the school (2002,2007,2008,2009). Defense has improved greatly (see these past few seasons compared to 1998-2001,2003-2005, for more evidence.) It's not like he has had more talent or anything come through the system, Perry has always had good athletes, an example being former EKU quarterback Al Holland, only had 1 winning at PCC, that coming under Browne, as well as several other collegiate level players, Holland being the best example. I will admit Browne is not a good people person and has definitely rubbed a few people the wrong way, but the man is a good football coach. As bad as I hated to see him leave PCC, I wish him well at his alma mater.

He was the best coach that PCC have had. But some of the teams he play, the JV team could have beat. The best win PCC have in the last 3 years was LCC in 2008. You can't go by the playoffs now, by how good a coach is. Because 99% of all the school in Kentucky make it to the playoffs now. There is only a hand full that don't make it.
With 6 classes, There is 192 teams make it to the playoffs. Most of the district only have 4 teams in them. There is a few with 5 or 6 teams, and PCC that one of them.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I'm not sure if many of you are aware of the state of the PCC program before Browne got there. If not, here's a small refresher, no winning seasons, and playoffs 2-3 (not exactly sure here) between 1995-2001. Every winning season PCC has (3-2002,2007,2009) have came under the leadership of Browne, he's also put more PCC teams in the playoffs than any other coach at the school (2002,2007,2008,2009). Defense has improved greatly (see these past few seasons compared to 1998-2001,2003-2005, for more evidence.) It's not like he has had more talent or anything come through the system, Perry has always had good athletes, an example being former EKU quarterback Al Holland, only had 1 winning at PCC, that coming under Browne, as well as several other collegiate level players, Holland being the best example. I will admit Browne is not a good people person and has definitely rubbed a few people the wrong way, but the man is a good football coach. As bad as I hated to see him leave PCC, I wish him well at his alma mater.

I hear some people saying that they might only have 35 players. Is this true? This program is slowly sinking and is about bottom at this point it seems.
Browne will build a DYNASTY at Madison Central. In a year or two, they will be like HOOVER, Alabama used to be.
warmachine Wrote:Browne will build a DYNASTY at Madison Central. In a year or two, they will be like HOOVER, Alabama used to be.

I'm at a loss for words. Bold statement!:flame::popcorn:

He has done a great job at a school that does not give a crap about football. With that being said, I know he has had some success by PCC standards, but wasn't there a major change of district in recent years that probably helped, as well. Not trying to knock his success, because he has had some, but it isn't exactly fair to dis-credit some of the other coaches that had to play in the original district that PCC was in.
Foxtrot Wrote:I hear some people saying that they might only have 35 players. Is this true? This program is slowly sinking and is about bottom at this point it seems.

35 kids is actually a good number for PCC, and that's sad for a school with 1200 students. The most I ever remember seeing suited up for PCC was 40.I also remember years when they had 21-25 players at the end of the season. Basketball is king in Perry county, has been for a while.

HUB Wrote:He has done a great job at a school that does not give a crap about football. With that being said, I know he has had some success by PCC standards, but wasn't there a major change of district in recent years that probably helped, as well. Not trying to knock his success, because he has had some, but it isn't exactly fair to dis-credit some of the other coaches that had to play in the original district that PCC was in.

Indeed, the district change is part of his success, not trying to discredit any of the other coaches, sorry if I came off that way. When your in a district with 2 powerhouse programs like Rockcastle County and Bell County it is hard to compete. Everyone is pretty much playing for the 3 seed every year behind Rock/Bell, so it was quite a relief to see us get moved out of there with realignment, we got rid of the 2 powerhouses but we are now in a district where EVERYONE is competitive, there is no game you can cross off as a 'sure thing' in this district, the bottom teams can beat the top ones on any given night, as witnessed this season. Browne has definitely made this team competitive over the past few years, and they have only been a few plays away from being district champs.
I would of liked to of seen his record pre 2002 at PCC. When there was only 4 class system, and PCC played top of the chain 4a. So when you say he has taken PCC to more playoffs than any other coach I think thats taken out of context.

Im also starting to believe Warmachine is Bert Browne, that or his secret lover.
Browne took over a Perry Central team in 2002 that was 3-17 in 00 and 01 and went 7-4. He left 19 starters in 2003 including a division 1 QB and the Commodores proceeded to have a losing season at 5-6. The went just 5-15 over the 04-05 seasons and the program was once again a mess. Browne returns in 2006 and goes 1-9. However his last 3 years PCC was 19-14 and was competitive with nearly every team on their schedule.

The "top of the chain" teams you speak of were only Rockcastle and Bell. The other 8 teams on the schedule were ****ty just like the ones you claim are the only ones Browne was beating during his tenure at PCC.

You don't have to like Browne, but it is hard to understand a lot of people's lack of respect for the job he did at Perry.
Thunder Lips Wrote:Browne took over a Perry Central team in 2002 that was 3-17 in 00 and 01 and went 7-4. He left 19 starters in 2003 including a division 1 QB and the Commodores proceeded to have a losing season at 5-6. The went just 5-15 over the 04-05 seasons and the program was once again a mess. Browne returns in 2006 and goes 1-9. However his last 3 years PCC was 19-14 and was competitive with nearly every team on their schedule.

The "top of the chain" teams you speak of were only Rockcastle and Bell. The other 8 teams on the schedule were ****ty just like the ones you claim are the only ones Browne was beating during his tenure at PCC.

You don't have to like Browne, but it is hard to understand a lot of people's lack of respect for the job he did at Perry.

I think what csabo17 is talking about is when they played in the Lexington 4A district with Tates Creek, PLD, Lafayette, Madison Central, etc. Those were some tough years, wasn't even fair, horrible alignment.
Thunder Lips Wrote:Browne took over a Perry Central team in 2002 that was 3-17 in 00 and 01 and went 7-4. He left 19 starters in 2003 including a division 1 QB and the Commodores proceeded to have a losing season at 5-6. The went just 5-15 over the 04-05 seasons and the program was once again a mess. Browne returns in 2006 and goes 1-9. However his last 3 years PCC was 19-14 and was competitive with nearly every team on their schedule.

What did he do? He took them to the playoffs 3/4 times in a realigned district. He still had ZERO playoff wins. I can understand when the schools first 5-6 years in existence getting to the playoffs was a big deal. But after 14 years dont you think its time to start setting the bar a little higher?

Yes the alignment in 4a was tough, but with the numbers the school had we still should of been competitive. Rockcastle and Bell wasn't even on the schedule then.
csabo17 Wrote:What did he do? He took them to the playoffs 3/4 times in a realigned district. He still had ZERO playoff wins.

He had 3 winning seasons in his 5 years as coach. That is 3 more than ANYONE else has ever had at PCC. That is what he did. It is hard to win at PCC and he is the only coach to do it enough to at least have winning seasons.
Forgive the lack of knowledge, but why did Browne leave PCC?
Took a MUCH better job at Madison Central.
Much better in pay? Athletes? Exposure? Chance of winning? Just curious...
Dungy Wrote:Much better in pay? Athletes? Exposure? Chance of winning? Just curious...

All of the above.
Was Pulaski's coach a candidate for the job at MC?
Good hire! He will represent the shool well.
Burt Browne will do fine. The longer he coaches, the more experience he will get. Coaches learn new things everyday(from players and assistant coaches). I see him having a 10-15 year stint there and many winning seasons.
Bert Browne knows defense, he only has 2 full time coaches. Its kind of hard to compete with teams that have 8 or 10 full time guys on the coaching staff. He'll show you what defense is next year with his boys at Madison Central.
warmachine Wrote:Bert Browne knows defense, he only has 2 full time coaches. Its kind of hard to compete with teams that have 8 or 10 full time guys on the coaching staff. He'll show you what defense is next year with his boys at Madison Central.

I wish that Bell county had 8 to 10 full time coaches man what could they do with that. I think that they only have 5 that get paid $1500 dollars a piece.
Pages: 1 2