Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Favorite player ever in the NBA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who was your all time favorite to watch in the NBA
Larry Bird
michael jordan!
Dr. J
Reggie Miller.
Magic Johnson
Jordan
kareem, The big O, Jordan, magic too many to name
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:kareem, The big O, Jordan, magic too many to name

I'm too young to have seen the Big O play, but I did love watching Kareem during the Showtime years. I love those on your list as well.

Dr. J by far was my favorite, but there were a ton during the 80's that I enjoyed:

Gervin, Moses Malone, Daryl Dawkins, Bill Walton, Lloyd "Wold" B Free, Bob McAdoo, David Thompson, George McGinnis, Artis Gilmore
Lew Alcindor
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Lew Alcindor

You probably remember him from Power Memorial.....
Stardust Wrote:You probably remember him from Power Memorial.....

lol....actually I dont, that was just oh so slightly before my real recollection. I remember him when he played at UCLA just like it was yesterday though. Him and Lucious Allen were quite a combo.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:lol....actually I dont, that was just oh so slightly before my real recollection. I remember him when he played at UCLA just like it was yesterday though. Him and Lucious Allen were quite a combo.

Didnt' he and Lucious team back up with the Lakers?
Stardust Wrote:Didnt' he and Lucious team back up with the Lakers?

I'm not sure about the Lakers. I dont remember that, but they could have. I'm almost positive they did with the Bucks though. Best I remember, Lucious had a knack for getting into a little trouble.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I'm not sure about the Lakers, but I'm almost positive they did with the Bucks.

Maybe it was with Milwaukee. I just figured since Milwaukee had O, but it does sound right that Allen was with Lew with the Bucks
Allen played 10 years in the NBA for four different teams. His highest scoring average was 19.5 points per game, during the 1974-1975 campaign. Part of the way through that season he was traded to the Los Angeles Lakers after playing with the Milwaukee Bucks from the 1970-1971 season. During his playing days, Allen was often referred to by former Bucks announcer Eddie Doucette as "jack rabbit" because of his speed and jumping ability.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucius_Allen[/ame]
Stardust Wrote:Allen played 10 years in the NBA for four different teams. His highest scoring average was 19.5 points per game, during the 1974-1975 campaign. Part of the way through that season he was traded to the Los Angeles Lakers after playing with the Milwaukee Bucks from the 1970-1971 season. During his playing days, Allen was often referred to by former Bucks announcer Eddie Doucette as "jack rabbit" because of his speed and jumping ability.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucius_Allen

haha. Looks like we both were right. Good work Dusty.
Michael Jordan
Antoine Walker is and always will be my favorite player!!
Dennis The Worm Rodman & Scottie Pippen
Bob Pettit in the early years and OJ Mayo in the present.
Loved watching Jordan/Malone go at it.
But for some reason, I LOVED watching Stockton play.
Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant
Right now and when he retires, it's going to be Kobe for me.
Dr J was my favorite ever..but being a Sixers fan, I loved Moses Malone too..Dominique Wilkins was fun to watch too! David Thompson was a beast!!
Jordan & Pippen.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Dr J was my favorite ever..but being a Sixers fan, I loved Moses Malone too..Dominique Wilkins was fun to watch too! David Thompson was a beast!!

I forgot about the Highlight Reel!
Stardust Wrote:I forgot about the Highlight Reel!
The 80s were FULL of great players. IMO the best decade for the NBA ever. Yeah I loved Dominique, of course Jordan, but I figured that was a given. As far as dunking goes, do you remember Terrence Stansberry? Stansberry could jump like David Thompson..one of the best dunkers of all time..
MJ, penny hardaway, Shaq, Dominique, barkley, hakeem so many. present time is definitely lebron
Michael Jordan, Reggie Miller
Pages: 1 2