Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Large OVC conference
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In your opinion who makes the Large OVC all conference teams for the 7th and 8th grades?
The conferenc only awards all-conference in the 8th grade. Kid of a going away on to high school thing. The number of players a team has is based on how well they do i nthe league. Each school will have at least 1 representative.
I have found this to be one of the biggest jokes. It is decided before the tournament begins and usually the player who has the most pts or the coaches favorite. Not best defense, most assist, etc. It really should be done away with all together. It teaches players at an early age that scoring is all that matters and not team ball. I watched one player receive the award when obviously they contributed nothing during the tournament but since it was coaches pick and the coaches child they received it.
sixteenthregion Wrote:I have found this to be one of the biggest jokes. It is decided before the tournament begins and usually the player who has the most pts or the coaches favorite. Not best defense, most assist, etc. It really should be done away with all together. It teaches players at an early age that scoring is all that matters and not team ball. I watched one player receive the award when obviously they contributed nothing during the tournament but since it was coaches pick and the coaches child they received it.

You have no idea what you are talking about that is why it is called all-conference and not all tournament. It is picked before the tournament and it is picked by the coaches and the number if representatives is based on how a team finishes in conference play. Example 1st place has 4 2nd 3 3rd and 4th ahve 2 each and places 5-7 each have one so that every school is represented they are given out after the championship game jsut to get everyone there. That is how it is done.
I am sure the coaches pick who they think have had the best year. As an OVC follower I just wanted some opinions on who would be some good choices. I know Verity, Mason, and Boyd has several that could make it. The other schools have some talented players too. I'm sure it will be tough for the coaches to choose. There will be players who dont make it that some think should have and some who do make it that others will be scratching their heads, it happens this way any time awards are given out.
sixteenthregion makes some good points,but unless those stats(rebounds,assists,lose balls won) r kept each game were they can b reviewed like the scorebook is.we can't expect coaches 2 remember everything since most staffs don't have the personel to keep such stats,must look at the awards with a grain of salt and move on.