Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boone County @ Holmes 2/9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
#2 Boone travels to #1 Holmes Tuesday night for a big 9th region battle.

Holmes comes in 17-5 and off a 69-58 win over Highlands.

Boone comes in 15-6 and off a 68-61 win over Ryle.

Holmes is 10-1 in the region. Boone is 7-4 in the region.

Thoughts?
Boone by 2
This game could easily go either way.

I'll take Holmes though by 4 in a very low scoring game.
I think Holmes wins this one and continues to quiet their critics. Boone has struggled some this year against more athletic teams (Seneca, Newport, Highlands) and Holmes will be the most athletic team they've seen thus far.

Henley will likely put Ricardo Johnson on Gabbard and force Boone's big men to beat them. With Elijah Pittman and Kevon Rice roaming the lane down there, I see Boone's big men struggling.

Overall, Pittman will be the X-factor. The Rebels have nobody that can match up with his size or athleticism and his length will bother the Boone big men. If Pittman continues to dominate the way he has recently, this won't be very close.

Boone is a veteran team though with a lot of experience so I expect a good game.

Holmes: 61
Boone: 52
This game has ZERO chance of going either Way! Holmes by 12+ and only 12 if Holmes plays bad!
Stardust Wrote:This game has ZERO chance of going either Way! Holmes by 12+ and only 12 if Holmes plays bad!

bit cocky aint we

If this was at Boone, I would take them.
Holmes at home = 5 to 10 point win
I'll take Holmes by 11.
Boone beat Holmes last year on a February night where the Dogs simply overlooked them after rattling off 22 straight W's.

With the game being at Holmes and them having a few slices of humble pie recently, I don't see the Dogs losing focus again. I said it in the Highlands prediction thread and I'll say it in this thread....Ricardo Johnson and Elijah Pittman won't let Holmes lose another regular season game.
holmes by 10+ boone wont be able to score on them
Final score may well be zero to zero. Six to eight inches of ice/snow on the way.
Holmes by 10 :flame:
11thrgnguy Wrote:holmes by 10+ boone wont be able to score on them

There you go guys. FINAL----Holmes 10 Boone 0.
jalfzou Wrote:Final score may well be zero to zero. Six to eight inches of ice/snow on the way.

hopefully that crap will pass us. gettin tired of all this snow
NYY10 Wrote:hopefully that crap will pass us. gettin tired of all this snow

the main thing is the teams not being able to re-schedule the games that are being snowed out!!!
Peacedomes85 Wrote:the main thing is the teams not being able to re-schedule the games that are being snowed out!!!

Snow is pounding NKY right now and at 5:38 am both schools have already been closed.

I'd assume the game will be cancelled tonight but be made up later this week since it's a D1 conference game.
I'd say it will be cancelled tonight
Just heard that this game hasn't officially been cancelled yet but the Holmes AD, Ron Madrick, was 90% sure they won't be playing tonight.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Just heard that this game hasn't officially been cancelled yet but the Holmes AD, Ron Madrick, was 90% sure they won't be playing tonight.

With the next band of weather expected shortly, I would agree.
Game was only postponed, not cancelled, so it will be made up at a later date.

Mike Dyer was reporting that a possible make up could be tomorrow, wednesday the 10th.
Boone by 3
Changed my mind :yawn:

Holmes by :devilflam

15+ :ChairHit: