Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike Central 69 Sheldon Clark 60
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
congrats to the Lady Hawks.
Carla Booth did not play for SC due to injury. Probably would have been a Cardinal victory otherwise.
Ha! I knew there would be something posted like that. After PC beat Betsy layne, it was because they had been at the all A without practice all week, and now that PC has beat sheldon clark, it is because they were without Carla Booth. At least this is an improvement over blaming it on the ref.

The lady Hawks are peaking just in time for tournament season, watch out!
TurtleToes Wrote:Ha! I knew there would be something posted like that. After PC beat Betsy layne, it was because they had been at the all A without practice all week, and now that PC has beat sheldon clark, it is because they were without Carla Booth. At least this is an improvement over blaming it on the ref.

The lady Hawks are peaking just in time for tournament season, watch out!

to be fair, booth is the best player in the region...it would be like uk playing without john wall -- definitely more vulnerable
Yes i feel that it booth would have played it the score would have been different.
Whats wrong with Booth?
Booth makes the team. Proves the others aren't as great as some people think.
Carla will be fine she has a leg that is bothering her but she will more than likely be playing tommorow vs valley
The last time these two met SC won by 30 so without Booth is like UK playing without Cousins or Wall. PlusSC never got into the bonus the entire second half.:HitWall:
I agree, I do not think the outcome would have been the same if Booth had played. You have to give the girl credit, she is just flat out good. Good job by the rest of SC's team to keep it close though.
LCDAWGS19 Wrote:Whats wrong with Booth?

I think someone said she tweaked her leg but idk tho she should be ready to go for the next game
I watched this game and it was a 2 point game with 3 minutes to go. Pike Central is coming on and doing a much better job. Sheldon Clark had Booth out and no matter what you say it made a difference. 2 kids from Sheldon Clark kept it close.
CardinalAlum Wrote:I think someone said she tweaked her leg but idk tho she should be ready to go for the next game

Good... hate to see any of these kids hurt. Hopefully she's 100% for LC on Tuesday. It'll make for a better show.
hey, no matter what a win is a win.
injuries happen, its part of the game.

the game is over, ifs or buts arent
gonna help whats permanent.

i hope booth is alright but its basketball, injuries are part of the game.
Congrats Hawks, very solid win
Good win for the team from Pike County.
True injuries are part of the game but taking away 20 points and around eight assists per game hurts any team. Hats off to Newsome and Porter for keeping the Lady Cards in the game and if these two meet in the regional tourney and Booth is healthy the Lady Cards will be much better.:rockon:
True, I think Booth being out made some difference, however, Harris, who averages 20 pts per game was out most of the first half because of foul trouble. Only had 5 points in first half. Came up big in the second half hitting all foul shots down the stretch. Also, Fields came up big hitting several 3's. I agree with TurtleToes I think PC is peaking at the right time. Could be dangerous come tournment time.
There is no to way to justify that PCC would have won if Booth was on the court.
1 player can make a big difference in high school basketball, especially in girls!!!
Pike Central has improved leaps and bounds since the first game of the season!!!
The Pistol Wrote:Pike Central has improved leaps and bounds since the first game of the season!!!

Improved by leaps and bounds???...Hardly. Should be much better.