Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wesley Christian
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know if their high school will be done this year. are they going to field a basketball team next fall.
From what I was told by Derrek Tuesday night, the plans are to open it for next school year, but when we played there Tuesday night it looked like they had only broken ground on it, but I could've overlooked things. They are going to have a basketball team the first year the school opens up, Derrek seemed really excited and sure about that! I hope Wesley fairs better then Piarist has though, they have started to build a good grade school tradition and we'll be back next year. They are just a young team this year.
The plans are to open in the fall (regardless of whether the facilities are completed) We do have backup plans to take care of that (pulling modulars in, etc..) As far as the basketball teams (we will be having one) no final decision as of yet (on what teams are to be formed (varsity, jv, freshman) if this happens in the fall. We have built an excellent tradition in middle school. (We have overachieved this yr.; pre-season rankings has us 6th and 1 coach as low as 7th; we will return every player with the exception of maybe 1); we finished 5th and were competitive on occasion with some of the top schools in the region ( so the program is headed in the right direction). So we do have high expectations going forward with the high school program and hope to build one of the top programs in EKy. The school will be 9th-12th grade. Thanks for your interest in Wesley Christian.
That is great to hear. I was hopeing that was the case. you have done a great job there. Keep up the good work