Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Elizabethtown 128 - Fort Knox 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fort Knox 2 4 4 3 13
Elizabethtown 38 31 32 27 128

Fort Knox (3-13) -- Benjamin 3, Fed 6, Jackson 4, Swilley 0, Joyner 0.
Elizabethtown (19-4) -- Kauffeld 2, Cecil 16, Bowling 3, Gilpin 24, Hart 10, Luckett 28, Greenwell 19, Berrow 8, Powell 9, Bridges 9.

http://www.kentucky.com/945/story/1040334.html

WOW!
Did the coach not call of the hounds. I mean this is impressive.
I dont get this. if you are beating a team by 80+ why not just stand outside and kill time.
E-Towns AD should fire the head coach there is no reason to ever beat someone by 115 pts. Just stand and hold the ball. No class, Marion Co. should have tried to beat them by 100.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:E-Towns AD should fire the head coach there is no reason to ever beat someone by 115 pts. Just stand and hold the ball. No class, Marion Co. should have tried to beat them by 100.

I didnt see the game so i am not sure what happened. If Etown deliberatly ran this score up to this level, I agree 100% some one should be held accountable. No place for this in sports.
Omg!!!!!
Someone needs to learn how to play defense.
I know its like kicking a dead horse...But i really would like to see a mercy rule come in affect like applied in some forms of baseball & softball.
It does make one wonder Why a small team would schedule a powerhouse.
I understand Some region and district games Must be on tap.
And then again some coaches may use it for motivation.
For i cannot possibly see what the learning factor would be here.
They were up 69-6 at halftime!

E-town scored 59 in the second half. 10 different players scored for E-Town.

If you are up 69-6, why not let the 2nd string play? I understand the whole concept of letting your players stay conditioned and getting minutes but still!

How many 3's did E-town take? I don't even know a boy's team that could score 128 if they took the foot off the gas in the second half.

What was the coaches explaination?
Here is the news article from the News-Enterprise in Elizabethtown.

http://www.thenewsenterprise.com/cgi-bin...4053053011
wow!!
holy crap
What the problem is?