Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Derrick Rose
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has he emerged as the best PG in the nba? I know there could be a huge arguement with the likes of CP3, Deron Williams, Chauncey Billups, and Rondo who are all all-stars. IMO he is the best in the NBA, for one reason he is on a Bulls team who if they didn't have him, they wouldn't win 20 games. Lets hear what everyone has to say.
I would say he is one of the best but not the best. NBA's top PG is between Chris Paul and Steve Nash.
True Pg, Has To Be Nash.
The dunk he had 2nite was sickkkk.
The NBA has a great crop of young PG's coming up with Rondo, Rose, and Evans.
The best ehhh, I'm not sure, Deron Williams?
Amun-Ra Wrote:I would say he is one of the best but not the best. NBA's top PG is between Chris Paul and Steve Nash.

Agreed, Rose is good, but Paul and Nash at at a different level in leading a team.
Chauncey Billups had a great performance last night against the Lakers with 39 points, 37 through 3 quarters. I honestly can't believe I forgot to mention Steve Nash on here, he is one of my favorite players, and he is putting up some MVP like numbers this season.
^Chauncey Billups is a guy often forgotton.
prob cp3
He got a sick dunk the other night. lol
Until Rondo learns to shoot free throws, he will never be considered a great point guard. There is no excuse for an NBA point guard hitting less that 60 percent from the line.

Great point guards need to be able to run clock late in a tight game without their poor free throw shooting being the opponent's best chance of coming from behind to win.
Aslan Wrote:^Chauncey Billups is a guy often forgotton.

The Pistons haven't been the same without him.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:True Pg, Has To Be Nash.

I agree. Nash, Chris Paul, Rondo, are all better then Rose. And not to forget a top 5 point guard hands down, Parker, I mean he has led the nba in points in the paint, he can go to the goal at will. Definantly better then Rose.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Until Rondo learns to shoot free throws, he will never be considered a great point guard. There is no excuse for an NBA point guard hitting less that 60 percent from the line.

Great point guards need to be able to run clock late in a tight game without their poor free throw shooting being the opponent's best chance of coming from behind to win.

I agree that he definantly needs to improve his free throw shooting...but he will still be considered great. He is top 5 right now and only going to get better. Rondo is a great guard despite his shooting.
it would be hard to put rose in the top 5 personally. just like most people on here nash, billups, williams (sick dunk), rondo, paul, other guys i haven't seen on here yet is parker(spurs), nelson (magic)is really underrated.
Derrick Rose is a John Wall wanna be!!:kneel:
Aslan Wrote:The NBA has a great crop of young PG's coming up with Rondo, Rose, and Evans.
The best ehhh, I'm not sure, Deron Williams?

Not to mention the future stars (2 or 3 years) like Wall.