Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hey Pikeville College Football fans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Henry Co had a young man, Chris Price sign yesterday with the Bears. You all are getting a good O-Lineman. Chris visted the campus a couple weeks ago, and came back very excited about the Coaching Staff and facilities.
Chris is a classy young man, that will make you all happy the next 4-5 years.
Anybody else sign with PC?
There are no Pikeville College football fans...lol

But I am glad to see they signed a KY kid, more of those would definitely increase the fan base. Congrats to the young man.
who all did they sign?
Old Henry Man Wrote:Henry Co had a young man, Chris Price sign yesterday with the Bears. You all are getting a good O-Lineman. Chris visted the campus a couple weeks ago, and came back very excited about the Coaching Staff and facilities.
Chris is a classy young man, that will make you all happy the next 4-5 years.

Do they have any facilities?
^ Yes. The weightroom is in the Pikeville College Gym. Then Pikeville College shares Hillard Howard Field with the High School.
Real Badman Wrote:^ Yes. The weightroom is in the Pikeville College Gym. Then Pikeville College shares Hillard Howard Field with the High School.

Great. Good luck to the Bears.
look not to sound bad, but most high schools, belfry, pike central, sheldon clark. could beat them.
Pond creek nation Wrote:look not to sound bad, but most high schools, belfry, pike central, sheldon clark. could beat them.

"most high schools" maybe not bad but something???????????
Pond creek nation Wrote:look not to sound bad, but most high schools, belfry, pike central, sheldon clark. could beat them.
You highly underestimate what football is like in the Mid South Conference. I seriously doubt that any of the high schools that you mentioned could even score on them. We hear all the time how some of these very good college basketball teams could beat some of the NBA doormats. Not a chance, just as there would be no chance in your example. It would be a laugher.
I'm not sure if I have ever seen anything this stupid in my life.

Drink it all down, pass it all around!:lmao:
I am very surprised by all of the poor posts by people in the Pikeville area. The community of Pikeville I thought supported their small college team. To say that High School teams could beat them, and make fun of their facilities is damaging to the program.
New Facilities too be expected by the end of next year according to coach johnson
cougarpride08 Wrote:who all did they sign?

Jade Haddix is coming.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:Jade Haddix is coming.

The new offensive coordinator is going to run the spread, will Haddix fit the QB role very good at PC?
Old Henry Man Wrote:I am very surprised by all of the poor posts by people in the Pikeville area. The community of Pikeville I thought supported their small college team. To say that High School teams could beat them, and make fun of their facilities is damaging to the program.

There is one in every crowd and that's too bad.In fact it is terrible. Go Bears:Cheerlead
Pikeville college will build a very successful program. With the addition of Holland as the OC---don't be surprised if some EKU players follow him. I know that president Patton will not be a part of mediocrity and Pikeville (college and community) will be on the rise.To the dumbbut that says a high school team could beat them---go down and put on the pads and hit a few licks with the boys. Your impression will quickly change. as Mr.Kimball said the MAC is a very very tough conference. It may take a little time---but they will get there
I saw where Pikeville signed 3 players from Apalachee H.S. down here in Georgia close to where I live.
Windsprint Wrote:Pikeville college will build a very successful program. With the addition of Holland as the OC---don't be surprised if some EKU players follow him. I know that president Patton will not be a part of mediocrity and Pikeville (college and community) will be on the rise.To the dumbbut that says a high school team could beat them---go down and put on the pads and hit a few licks with the boys. Your impression will quickly change. as Mr.Kimball said the MAC is a very very tough conference. It may take a little time---but they will get there

Its the Mid South Conference:biggrin: And your exactly right, its the SEC of the NAIA.
Saw a kid from Pike Central and a kid from Hurley High School there Saturday..Nice to see some local kids getting recruited. The kid from PC was a Tackett the one form Hurley was a Rife kid I saw play against Phelps and East Ridge strong and aggressive.Both these kids could help Pikeville down the road.
There was a number of kids from the local area, including the ones you mentiond. there was the Norman kid from Shelby Valley and Keith May from East Ridge.
A friend from another board use to send me tapes of Pikeville College games and it was cool to be able to set here in Ohio and watch them.
Windsprint Wrote:Pikeville college will build a very successful program. With the addition of Holland as the OC---don't be surprised if some EKU players follow him. I know that president Patton will not be a part of mediocrity and Pikeville (college and community) will be on the rise.To the dumbbut that says a high school team could beat them---go down and put on the pads and hit a few licks with the boys. Your impression will quickly change. as Mr.Kimball said the MAC is a very very tough conference. It may take a little time---but they will get there

I've got to be a Bears fan as long as Little Al is the O.C.
only local kids who will be at Pikeville will be the ones that A. can get all the money form a pell grant or other scholastic scholarship or B.daddy and mommy will mortgage the farm and house to get the money(that one is for us folks that have and are still working for a living) the 24 scholarships are put in a kitty and divided up speach coach Johnson gave means that money is going down south to Ga,Sc,Fla,NC...that's just the cold hard facts.
footballnut Wrote:only local kids who will be at Pikeville will be the ones that A. can get all the money form a pell grant or other scholastic scholarship or B.daddy and mommy will mortgage the farm and house to get the money(that one is for us folks that have and are still working for a living) the 24 scholarships are put in a kitty and divided up speach coach Johnson gave means that money is going down south to Ga,Sc,Fla,NC...that's just the cold hard facts.

That really is just how it is. But, there are some boys who come in from the South who are rolling in it.
Yes,Jade Haddix signed and he will be playing Db and playing Qb in "Wildcat" set,what coaches have said but they signed a Qb suppose be good,plenty more kids will sign 2 from Bell Co. a Db and Lineman and Huff kid a reciever suppose go talk with them!Go Bears!!
Pikeville seems to be getting alot of kids from EKY which should help the attendance for this up coming year.
well thats not true becuase with the fafsa playing a affect in the "scholarship" some of these kids basically come for free!