Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry's Thomas Varney college offers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
has anyone heard anything?
any offers yet?
I would imagine Pikeville College would be looking at him. Maybe West Va. Tech. UVA Wise.
Thomas is 5'10" 155lbs. and runs a legit 4.7 40 yard dash.

He was a great HS football player for Belfry, but I wouldnt expect Thomas to play much better ball that NAIA.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Thomas is 5'10" 155lbs. and runs a legit 4.7 40 yard dash.

He was a great HS football player for Belfry, but I wouldnt expect Thomas to play much better ball that NAIA.

NAIA is has a lot good football players. Check out the Pikeville College list of guys that have went on to NFL training camps and EJ Underwood who played CB back in 04-05 is still in the league. Varney, will struggle at the NAIA level on offense. 4.7 tailbacks weighing 155 will not cut it. He better add 25lbs and move to the defensive side. good luck I think he will get a good education at a NAIA school and have fun playing.:Clap:
hes a tuff kid, i think he runs faster than that or everyone chasing him this year was even slower.Smile
STATE CHAMP Wrote:NAIA is has a lot good football players. Check out the Pikeville College list of guys that have went on to NFL training camps and EJ Underwood who played CB back in 04-05 is still in the league. Varney, will struggle at the NAIA level on offense. 4.7 tailbacks weighing 155 will not cut it. He better add 25lbs and move to the defensive side. good luck I think he will get a good education at a NAIA school and have fun playing.:Clap:

I agree.
if he came down to louisville he will be slow and people could hawk him up with easily