Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Edge returns and wins Royal Rumble - what happens on Raw tomorrow night?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All that mattered to me tonight was that HBK did not win the RR. Nothing can live up to last year's HBK/UT match, so doing it again would have done that match a disservice.

That said, Edge came back, I think at spot #29 and won the RR.

I suppose this leads to an Edge vs. Undertaker match for Wrestlemania. Probably another epic match and could possibly result in UT's streak ending/career ending (as I see his career ending whenever the streak ends).

In other news, Bret Hart is supposed to appear on Raw tomorrow night. What will happen leading up to WM?

Keep in mind, the Elimination Chamber PPV is on Feb. 21st.
Thanks for the update!
i wonder if Edge will sweet talk Vickie Again????
We he be on smackdown or will he go to raw and be a face
I think Edge goes back to Smackdown until the draft after WM, then he gets drafted to Raw.

However, I think we'll see some appearances by him on Raw before then.

I think Edge is too good of a heel to turn face. The bigger question is who turns heel out of DX, HHH or HBK?

Also, I'm seeing reports that HHH may have re-injured his quad and that's why he went out earlier in the Rumble. Apparently, he started grasping his quad during the match, had a few words with HBK, then HBK eliminated HHH. After this, Cena looked surprised by HHH going out so quickly. If that is the case, then big props to HHH for recognizing the injury and having himself eliminated before it got worse.
I'm glad Edge is back. I hope he come to Raw. They need to mix things up.
ComfortEagle Wrote:All that mattered to me tonight was that HBK did not win the RR. Nothing can live up to last year's HBK/UT match, so doing it again would have done that match a disservice.

That said, Edge came back, I think at spot #29 and won the RR.

I suppose this leads to an Edge vs. Undertaker match for Wrestlemania. Probably another epic match and could possibly result in UT's streak ending/career ending (as I see his career ending whenever the streak ends).

In other news, Bret Hart is supposed to appear on Raw tomorrow night. What will happen leading up to WM?

Keep in mind, the Elimination Chamber PPV is on Feb. 21st.

U-Taker has stated that he planned to participate in 20 WM's, so it's doubtful that the streak ends this year.

As for Edge, I really hope it's not a match-up against UT. They matched up0 a couple of years ago with both being undefeated, I can't see that happening again. But, they have to put Edge somewhere that we draws interest to a program. That leads me to see him have the feud with his former Tag partner Christian.

I'm OK with Edge winning, regardless of who they match him up with in WM26, it should create interest.
I always liked Edge and now that he is back at least one of the shows will be a little more exciting
Stardust Wrote:U-Taker has stated that he planned to participate in 20 WM's, so it's doubtful that the streak ends this year.

As for Edge, I really hope it's not a match-up against UT. They matched up0 a couple of years ago with both being undefeated, I can't see that happening again. But, they have to put Edge somewhere that we draws interest to a program. That leads me to see him have the feud with his former Tag partner Christian.

I'm OK with Edge winning, regardless of who they match him up with in WM26, it should create interest.

The question lies with UT's health. He is getting up there in age, but even if his one good match every year is at WM, I will take that until he decides to retire.

I'm having trouble seeing where Edge will immediately come back and feud with Christian. Unless they do some serious storyline creation over the next few weeks I just don't see it.

I think more immediately, Edge feuds with Jericho because he was Jericho's partner prior to Big Show and prior to getting hurt.

That makes the most sense, but where does that leave Edge for WM? And where does that leave UT for WM?

I think out of the current Smackdown roster I'd most like to see UT face CM Punk or possibly even Drew McIntyre. I definitely do not want to see a UT/Batista match.
Not to get off topic, but I think the best thing that could happen to wrestling would be for TNA to rise up and put up a fight to WWE. I don't know if that will happen because a lot of their talent is old, and I don't know how orginal their storylines are. I lost interest in wrestling after WWE bought out WCW.
Westside Wrote:Not to get off topic, but I think the best thing that could happen to wrestling would be for TNA to rise up and put up a fight to WWE. I don't know if that will happen because a lot of their talent is old, and I don't know how orginal their storylines are. I lost interest in wrestling after WWE bought out WCW.

I lost interest at that point as well. I remember seeing Shane McMahon on WCW one night and I stopped watching wrestling until about 3 years ago.

I think if TNA upped their production value - better effects, better music, etc. then they could compete with WWE. TNA has one thing that WWE does not right now and that is the PG-13 rating.

TNA tries to appeal to an older audience, where WWE is trying to be PG and appeal to everyone.

Also, the TNA crowd doesn't excite me at all. It's small, and no one ever gets into it. You occasionally here a chant, but there are no big pops or heat because there's only like 1000 people in the crowd.
ComfortEagle Wrote:I lost interest at that point as well. I remember seeing Shane McMahon on WCW one night and I stopped watching wrestling until about 3 years ago.

I think if TNA upped their production value - better effects, better music, etc. then they could compete with WWE. TNA has one thing that WWE does not right now and that is the PG-13 rating.

TNA tries to appeal to an older audience, where WWE is trying to be PG and appeal to everyone.

Also, the TNA crowd doesn't excite me at all. It's small, and no one ever gets into it. You occasionally here a chant, but there are no big pops or heat because there's only like 1000 people in the crowd.

I agree. If they could get there fans to be more like the OLD ECW fans it would be more fun to watch.