Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scott County 67 Clark County 64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GRC had several chances to win the game but made too many turnovers in the final 2 minutes. Down 1 point with 13 seconds to go and GRC has the ball. Guard dribbles it off his leg out of bounds and SC ball. GRC let this one slip away from them.
Congrats to both teams in this clash of Titans.
Stardust Wrote:Congrats to both teams in this clash of Titans.

It was a classic. Both teams ranked in the top 5 in the state, and it was a war. Standing room only.
Congratulations to both teams, SC comes out on top today but GRC could just as easily won! Both teams have now lost 5 games to join Holmes on the season as 5 loss teams.
Scott Co. 17 18 13 19 67
Clark Co. 13 13 18 15 64

Scott Co. (15-5) -- Jackson 27, Flannery 6, Guyn 8, Mannign 11, Euton 15.
Clark Co. (18-5) -- Daniel 8, Kindred 2, Stenzel 21, Purvis 5, Zollo 13, Rogers 15

http://www.kentucky.com/945/story/1040329.html
Congrats to SC on a hard fought win..... One thing I respect about Grc's program, they will play any body any where. That schedule has been brutal. It seems they have played the whole top 20.
dortonite Wrote:Congratulations to both teams, SC comes out on top today but GRC could just as easily won! Both teams have now lost 5 games to join Holmes on the season as 5 loss teams.

Look at the quality of teams these teams have lost to.
I still have yet to see Stenzel play, would really like to though. Big games from the two former Royals, Euton and Jackson.

Congrats Scott County!
dortonite Wrote:Congratulations to both teams, SC comes out on top today but GRC could just as easily won! Both teams have now lost 5 games to join Holmes on the season as 5 loss teams.
A Shelby Valley fan starting to take shots! But we don't have to worry about Shelby Valley losing any games because they only played ONE ranked team this entire season and they lost to them. No more real games until they make it to Rupp, and unbeliveably, they get the draw of a lifetime. I guess that's just the way the ball bounces!

Comments like the above make anyone that is not a Shelby Valley lifer not like Shelby Valley. I used to really like Shelby Valley but the fans make it almost impossible to root for them anymore.
tezzy859 Wrote:Congrats to SC on a hard fought win..... One thing I respect about Grc's program, they will play any body any where. That schedule has been brutal. It seems they have played the whole top 20.

You are right and we still have ranked teams coming up of Lexington Catholic, Lafayette and Ballard. Throw in Mason Co, Franklin Co. Tuff schedule ahead for the Cards. We may have lost 5 games, but with the schedule we have played, I thought it would be more. This is the first regular season game that GRC has lost. The rest were to 7th region teams in the holiday tourneys.

You are right, coach will play anyone anytime. Couldn't fit Holmes in the schedule, so we scrimmaged them.
Very Good win by Scott Co, I hope to see the Cards play at Rupp this season, was hoping to see them last season. I hope they can make it this season.
goodguy Wrote:A Shelby Valley fan starting to take shots! But we don't have to worry about Shelby Valley losing any games because they only played ONE ranked team this entire season and they lost to them. No more real games until they make it to Rupp, and unbeliveably, they get the draw of a lifetime. I guess that's just the way the ball bounces!

Comments like the above make anyone that is not a Shelby Valley lifer not like Shelby Valley. I used to really like Shelby Valley but the fans make it almost impossible to root for them anymore.
This season's version of Elliott Co.
Congrats SC. Would like to have seen this game.
Congrats to Chad Jackson and Scott County on a great win!!
You have to really respect the schedule both of these teams have played.
Great game. Great crowd though not standing room only. Clark had its chances and will learn from the loss.
Westside Wrote:You have to really respect the schedule both of these teams have played.

Especially at this time of the season
goodguy Wrote:A Shelby Valley fan starting to take shots! But we don't have to worry about Shelby Valley losing any games because they only played ONE ranked team this entire season and they lost to them. No more real games until they make it to Rupp, and unbeliveably, they get the draw of a lifetime. I guess that's just the way the ball bounces!

Starting to take shots, ha ha. Did I say anything incorrect, I congratulated both teams and said they had 5 losses? Read any SV thread and you will see comments like Justice is too short,SV shouldn't be in the top 10,etc.etc. As far as SV fans being rabid, overzealous, maybe so but we don't often have the chance to cheer a good team, a chance to go far in the state tourney. A player like Elisha Justice only comes along once in a lifetime in a small school like Dorton, then SV. Next year, you will probably not see me comment on this site, but until then I will enjoy the ride. GO WILDCATS! GO SV! AND GO ELISHA JUSTICE!
Nice teams but they were losses,all 5 of them!
Chad Jackson drops 27 in this game....just goes to show why he's IMO the best point guard in the state. Not only is he one of the best rebounding guards, but also can fill it up when needed.

(Disclaimer: Don't take the above as a personal shot to ANY other player around the state)
dortonite Wrote:Starting to take shots, ha ha. Did I say anything incorrect, I congratulated both teams and said they had 5 losses? Read any SV thread and you will see comments like Justice is too short,SV shouldn't be in the top 10,etc.etc. As far as SV fans being rabid, overzealous, maybe so but we don't often have the chance to cheer a good team, a chance to go far in the state tourney. A player like Elisha Justice only comes along once in a lifetime in a small school like Dorton, then SV. Next year, you will probably not see me comment on this site, but until then I will enjoy the ride. GO WILDCATS! GO SV! AND GO ELISHA JUSTICE!
....And once again, another thread turned into an Elisha Justice thread. This is exactly why every non Shelby Valley lifer is sick of hearing about how great he is. You are not doing him any favors turning every thread on this site into a Justice thread.

If you look at my previous posts, I always have nothing but good comments about Elisha. If you look at this post, I was talking about Shelby Valley's schedule and not one time did I mention Justice. I did not say anything that was not true.

Man! Give it up. We are sick of it!!!
dortonite Wrote:Nice teams but they were losses,all 5 of them!

If SV played Scott Co's schedule they would currently have a losing record!
kywldcat01 Wrote:Chad Jackson drops 27 in this game....just goes to show why he's IMO the best point guard in the state. Not only is he one of the best rebounding guards, but also can fill it up when needed.

(Disclaimer: Don't take the above as a personal shot to ANY other player around the state)

Chad has really stepped up his game this year. However, he is not playing a lot of point this year. Manning is playing most of the point for SC. However, SC has gone a lot with the old 2 guard out front offense this year.
chad is not the best point guard in the state or he would be playing the point for his team. The reason he doesn't is turnovers, he regularly gets 6-7 turnovers a game, and
that is too many for the point guard. Now he is a very good player and does some things really well and passes in transistion very nicely, but he can't run half court sets and take care of the basketball too
I'll keep Justice at the point, thank you