Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Region Tournaments Sites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
where is each region hosted at this year?
15th is at the Expo
9th is at Northern Kentucky University's Bank of Kentucky Center. Great facility to host a high school tournament. It's almost like an NBA arena.

10th is at the Fieldhouse in Mason Co.

I believe the 13th is at The Arena in Corbin. Another first class venue.

The 6th and 7th region tourneys are always held at Bellarmine University.

11th region tournament is held at EKU every year.
Region 1: Murray State

Region 2: Madisonville North-Hopkins

Region 3: Owensboro Catholic @ Sportscenter

Region 4: Local Host @ Western KY

Region 5: Nelson County

Region 6: Bellarmine (S/F) 1st D - (1st RD @ Doss)

Region 7: Bellarmine (S/F) 1st D- (1st RD @ Moore)

Region 8: Henry County

Region 9: Holmes @ Bank Of KY Center

Region 10: District 38 @ Mason County

Region 11: D. 41 Woodford County @ TBA (S/F)

Region 12: Pulaski County

Region 13: North Laurel

Region 14: Breathitt County

Region 15: East KY Expo Center

Region 16: Morehead State

http://www.khsaa.org/basketball/district...nplans.pdf

*^everything that i posted on here is right here on this link ^*
Strikeout King Wrote:Region 1: Murray State

I enjoy your posts, NICE PICTURE!
The 8th Region is at Henry County every year.
dortonite Wrote:I enjoy your posts, NICE PICTURE!

Thank You Very Much!
Strikeout King Wrote:Region 1: Murray State

15th region tournament is at the Expo Center in Pikeville.
kywldcat01 Wrote:9th is at Northern Kentucky University's Bank of Kentucky Center. Great facility to host a high school tournament. It's almost like an NBA arena.

10th is at the Fieldhouse in Mason Co.
I believe the 13th is at The Arena in Corbin. Another first class venue.

The 6th and 7th region tourneys are always held at Bellarmine University.

11th region tournament is held at EKU every year.

Back where it should be... There's not a better venue for the regional tournament.
I do not feel that it is fair to hold the 15th at the expo. That is Pikeville home court. They have played more games there than at their home gym. I feel fair is rotate between the larges gyms in the region like old times. Makes for better ball.
LCDAWGS19 Wrote:Back where it should be... There's not a better venue for the regional tournament.

I beg to differ....the 10th was held at BOK Center at NKU last year and despite the drive, it drew a much larger attendance than MC did the last time they hosted.

From talking to a lot of 10th region fans from various teams during the tournament, all said they really enjoyed the tournament being at BOK Center instead of the Fieldhouse.
The 6th and 7th Region First Rounds will also be at Bellarmine as instituted a few years ago.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I beg to differ....the 10th was held at BOK Center at NKU last year and despite the drive, it drew a much larger attendance than MC did the last time they hosted.

From talking to a lot of 10th region fans from various teams during the tournament, all said they really enjoyed the tournament being at BOK Center instead of the Fieldhouse.

I went last year, and enjoyed it. Also, in the attendance figure you have to account for the 9th Region being held there at the same time. I just think the atmosphere in the Fieldhouse was better.
With the 14th Region Tournament being at Breathitt Co it sure will give Breathitt Co a very good chance at winning the Region this year!
LCDAWGS19 Wrote:I went last year, and enjoyed it. Also, in the attendance figure you have to account for the 9th Region being held there at the same time. I just think the atmosphere in the Fieldhouse was better.

Legit points, but honestly it's about the KIDS and I can guarantee you they all would agree they enjoyed playing in the atmosphere at BOK Center last year over the atmosphere at Mason Co.

There was over 7,000 people in attendance for both the 9th and 10th region championship games.
back in the day (early 90's) before the new fire codes changed the capacity, there would be 7000 at just the 10th region final.
Can Someone make this a sticky so it won't get lost please???

Thanks
I really like it at the expo. I think it has a very unique feel to it that you just didnt have in the other gyms. Besides we all know that it draws in more money so they would never change it back.
I would say that Corbins region may start having it in their expo center as well.
LCDAWGS19 Wrote:Back where it should be... There's not a better venue for the regional tournament.

The 10th has the Regional Tournament figured out...i love their rotation (Mason Co 2 years, Montgomery Co 1 year, Bank Of Kentucky Center 1 year)
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I really like it at the expo. I think it has a very unique feel to it that you just didnt have in the other gyms. Besides we all know that it draws in more money so they would never change it back.
I would say that Corbins region may start having it in their expo center as well.
I agree, It's similar to how the 16th has it at MSU and the others have it at the larger venues. Too me, it just gives the boys something to look forward too come tournament time. More exciting playing on a college level floor like at MSU rather than playing somewhere like Boyd Co/Ashland, etc... Same goes for the 15th, more exciting to play at the Expo than at Valley's gym or Pikeville Independent, etc...IMO
leecoukfan Wrote:With the 14th Region Tournament being at Breathitt Co it sure will give Breathitt Co a very good chance at winning the Region this year!

They'll need more than homecourt to win the 14th.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I would say that Corbins region may start having it in their expo center as well.

I figure the 13th may go in that direction eventually.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the 9th and 10th finals last year at the Bank of Kentucky Center at NKU. Two good games in a nice new venue. Still, it is a long drive for 10th fans.
More Cowbell Wrote:I figure the 13th may go in that direction eventually.

it is there this year and the next 4 for sure.
so the 11th region tournament is at woodford county this year?
11thrgnguy Wrote:so the 11th region tournament is at woodford county this year?

yep
14th should be hosted at cordia. pack everyone in like sardines. man what a atmosphere that would be!!!
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I really like it at the expo. I think it has a very unique feel to it that you just didnt have in the other gyms. Besides we all know that it draws in more money so they would never change it back.

The 13th Region is already having it's tournament at The Arena. The Arena will host the tournament this season and next and if it all goes smoothly, it'll be the new permanent location for the 13th Region Tournament.
millertime_kc Wrote:The 13th Region is already having it's tournament at The Arena. The Arena will host the tournament this season and next and if it all goes smoothly, it'll be the new permanent location for the 13th Region Tournament.

Thank you!! I had not heard about it or anything. Really exciting.
Pages: 1 2