Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Report: Reds & SS Carbrea Agree To Deal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Cincinnati Reds and free-agent shortstop Orlando Cabrera have agreed to a one-year, $3 million contract, MLB.com has reported, citing an unnamed source.

The deal, which MLB.com reported includes a $3 million option with a $1 million buyout for 2011, follows a one-year, $4 million contract Cabrera played with in 2009.

Cabrera, a 12-year veteran with a .275 career average, hit .284 last season with the Athletics and Twins. Oakland traded him to Minnesota shortly before the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline.

In 2004, Cabrera was sent from Montreal to Boston at the trade deadline to take over at shortstop for Nomar Garciaparra and helped the Red Sox win the World Series.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4874353"]Report: Cincinnati Reds, shortstop Orlando Cabrera agree to 1-year, $3 million deal - ESPN[/ame]
This to me is no different than the Rodriguez contract from three years ago that didn't work out. I don't think I like this deal
Strikeout you beat me to it. This makes me feel a little better for the offense this year. Who would have thought that three years ago we would be talking now about having enough offense and that the pitching is strong.
I myself like this deal, Orlando Cabrera is a great player!
Really excited to see how this team comes together..... They have so much potential but as like every Reds season, I am feeling good going into it.
I like this deal but the Reds still need a lot of help. I hope they sign a lot more or get some big names in trades. Im still not over them getting rid of Griffey, Dunn and company.
The Reds have put together a pretty solid infield; Cabrera, Rolen, Phillips, Votto, and Hernandez.
One more piece of the puzzle.....This is a much better bat for the Reds at the short stop position without giving up any defense! Good move!
blackcat Wrote:The Reds have put together a pretty solid infield; Cabrera, Rolen, Phillips, Votto, and Hernandez.

Man!!! Im soooo sold on that infield. Very exciting offseason for the REDS!
I remember a lot of people said we were a great infield with Rodriguez. Cabrera's best days are behind him.