Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne among states statistical leaders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Of the 74 teams that have turned in stats this year out of the 277 high school basketball teams in the state, Betsy Layne is among the leaders in 4 statistical categories according to KHSAA:
Team FG% - #5 in the state
Team 3pt. FG% - #3 in the state
Individual Free Throw % - Bryce Adkins is #4 in the state
Individual 3pt. FG% - Nathan Martin is tied for #3 in the state

Congatulations on these accomplishments! :Thumbs:
Only 5 teams from the 15th region are reported as having turned in stats: Betsy Layne, Pikeville, South Floyd, Sheldon Clark, and Belfry.
Hustle Wrote:Of the 74 teams that have turned in stats this year out of the 277 high school basketball teams in the state, Betsy Layne is among the leaders in 4 statistical categories according to KHSAA:
Team FG% - #5 in the state
Team 3pt. FG% - #3 in the state
Individual Free Throw % - Bryce Adkins is #4 in the state
Individual 3pt. FG% - Nathan Martin is tied for #3 in the state

Congatulations on these accomplishments! :Thumbs:
Only 5 teams from the 15th region are reported as having turned in stats: Betsy Layne, Pikeville, South Floyd, Sheldon Clark, and Belfry.

Nathan Martin is at 38% from behind the arc. They put him down for 4 more makes than he has. If you look at the scoring average part, it has a different # of makes from behind the arc. The percentage is lower if they didnt add four on both made and missed.

But, Nathan can still shoot the ball.

They rank the state by 3PT's made, not %.
uhavenoidea Wrote:Nathan Martin is at 38% from behind the arc. They put him down for 4 more makes than he has. If you look at the scoring average part, it has a different # of makes from behind the arc. The percentage is lower if they didnt add four on both made and missed.

But, Nathan can still shoot the ball.

They rank the state by 3PT's made, not %.

I was just posting what's on KHSAA website. Still, Betsy Layne is among the tops in 3 categories.
You make some good points, I just wonder why more teams don't reports stats, it could not be that much of a hassle and much enjoyment by the ardent fans of basketball. It is difficult to go to all the places you think may have stats but don't.
dortonite Wrote:You make some good points, I just wonder why more teams don't reports stats, it could not be that much of a hassle and much enjoyment by the ardent fans of basketball. It is difficult to go to all the places you think may have stats but don't.
I agree. You would think that more than 25% of the teams in Kentucky could send in their stats. I'm sure the categories would look quite different. I guess the stats that are posted right now doesn't represent the true stats in Kentucky High School basketball, does it?
Hustle Wrote:I was just posting what's on KHSAA website. Still, Betsy Layne is among the tops in 3 categories.

Just went back and checked each game. Added them all together.

Nathan Martin

3's- 34/91 37.3% (still a good %), 2.1 made per game, which would drop him out of the state's leaders, as the last one has made 2.2 per game. Still good shooting for a mountain boy and fellow floyd countian.

His 3pt FG's scored was changed since I stated the other day, that he had only made 34. Was changed from 34 to 38. It doesnt have his 3's att. against SC, but he it shows him as having made 1. The team attempted 13 that night, after totalling the other team member's three's that game, there was 5 left over, leaving Nathan as the only one that really shoots 3's(1/5)

So I went back and added game by game myself and I came up with the above.
UHAVENOIDEA,

Why would you waste your time, looking the info up? Come on man, thiers got to be something better for you to do.
Congrats Bobcats and Bryce Adkins(Nice FT shooting and Nice J)!
Congrats to BL Bobcats and Nathan Martin. IMO it should be a requirement for all KHSAA teams to report their stats promptly after every game. Throw out the OLD idea of other teams using this for a scouting tool. Give the players the RECOGNITION that they deserve. If done after every game this would stop some of the stat PADDING that goes on and believe me it happens.
KC 1973 Wrote:Congrats to BL Bobcats and Nathan Martin. IMO it should be a requirement for all KHSAA teams to report their stats promptly after every game. Throw out the OLD idea of other teams using this for a scouting tool. Give the players the RECOGNITION that they deserve. If done after every game this would stop some of the stat PADDING that goes on and believe me it happens.

Reminds me of the time that I asked my neighbor how her daughter came out in the beauty contest. She told me that she came in second. Sounded great until I discovered that they only had two contestants to enter. Same here with the stats, if only a few teams reports them. By the way, I have kept stats on teams, but when the results were published by the team recorder, the results varied a lot. On a team this year, one player shot 4 times on one offensive play and missed all the shots, but his stat said that he had 6 for 8 for the night. One stat that isn't manipulated is the score of the game. Good luck to all players.
betsy lane is a good team. they play team ball.