Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greenup Co. 55 Russell 46 (OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I missed the 2nd half what did the score end up?
I'm not sure what the exact final score was, but Greenup won by about 10 in overtime. I don't think Russell even scored in the overtime. Greenup had about a 7 point lead with just 2 or 3 minutes to play, but they missed foul shots and turned the ball over a lot, ultimately allowing freshman Austin Hunt to hit the game tying basket as time expired. That being said, Russell missed free throws at an alarming rate tonight, too.

Kyle Skaggs led the scoring and Justin Davidson led the rebounding. Both of those guys are very good. Russell just needs a couple of their 4 seniors to start stepping up and becoming scoring threats on any given night. It doesn't matter which ones do it, but they need a couple of them to have the hot hand each night to help out offensively. If they can get a couple of those guys to score in double digits, then they should be able to compete against anyone in the region because they play pretty good defense.
thanks for the recap hopefully we get greenup next time when it counts.
Final was, 55-46 Greenup.
did gc out rebound the red devils?
thelegend Wrote:did gc out rebound the red devils?
i don't know but they should have they're the tallest team in the region
I don't have the stats, but it seemed like Russell held their own on the boards, particularly Justin Davidson. If Greenup did outrebound them, it wasn't by as much as it should have been given their height advantage.

Greenup looks great getting off the bus and in pregame warmups, but I have yet to see them look as impressive as they should in an actual game.
The Musketeers will win the district easy. They've stepped it up the past few games. It's always nice to get a win against Russell. :Clap:
thelegend Wrote:The Musketeers will win the district easy. They've stepped it up the past few games. It's always nice to get a win against Russell. :Clap:

It was a good environment for the game. There was a good crowd and the student sections were involved. It seems like there aren't a lot of games like that on the schedule anymore.

As for Greenup winning the district easy, I would have thought the same thing last year and they exited in the first round. For whatever reason, you just never know about this Greenup team.
ryanparker Wrote:It was a good environment for the game. There was a good crowd and the student sections were involved. It seems like there aren't a lot of games like that on the schedule anymore.

As for Greenup winning the district easy, I would have thought the same thing last year and they exited in the first round. For whatever reason, you just never know about this Greenup team.

Good point. There really isn't.

Anything could happen. If they play hard, aggressive and fast like they did tonight then it'll be easy. Who was the leading scorer and rebounder for GC? Williams had some points as well as Hampton and Lithicum. They all rebounded well too..
Gym was nearly full last night. Terrific atmosphere for a high school basketball game. Greenup looked like they won the battle on the boards to me. Good to see the musketeers even up the series against Russell. Last time Trey Williams didn't play at Russell. I'd say he makes a difference. I did see Russell's coach get very upset at something after a timeout late in the 4th I believe. Someone sitting next to me said that Trey slapped a Russell player on the way to the bench. I didn't see it, just what he said. If true, that's uncalled for.
OU812 Wrote:Gym was nearly full last night. Terrific atmosphere for a high school basketball game. Greenup looked like they won the battle on the boards to me. Good to see the musketeers even up the series against Russell. Last time Trey Williams didn't play at Russell. I'd say he makes a difference. I did see Russell's coach get very upset at something after a timeout late in the 4th I believe. Someone sitting next to me said that Trey slapped a Russell player on the way to the bench. I didn't see it, just what he said. If true, that's uncalled for.

Trey Williams definitely makes a difference. He's a good player who has the potential to be far better.

I don't think he slapped a Russell player. It looked like Williams got caught up in the middle of Russell's bench as he was headed back to Greenup's bench after a timeout was called. Russell's players were celebrating at the time and Williams sort of pushed his way out of the huddle. I didn't think it was a big deal. Just something else to add fuel to fire of the rivalry.

Hampton and Davidson played very physical underneath the whole game. It takes a good officiating crew to handle this game anymore and I thought the officials did a good job. As I said, I'm glad these 2 teams still dislike each other. It's fun to watch a game where everyone including the players, fans, and students appear to care about the result.
Great game! Both teams played well and it was a fun one to watch. The energy in the greenhouse was how it should have always been..Packed gym and loud and proud pep section. The GC football team was also there showing support and cheering for the basketball team, which was also a great sight to see!
Good job Greenup. It was nice to see such an enthusiastic crowd supporting the Musketeers. There needs to be more of this in all of the sports.:Clap:
TheGamer Wrote:Great game! Both teams played well and it was a fun one to watch. The energy in the greenhouse was how it should have always been..Packed gym and loud and proud pep section. The GC football team was also there showing support and cheering for the basketball team, which was also a great sight to see!
I heard many people comment on how great it has been that the football team has been at the past few home games cheering on the basketball team. Copley is really building some pride back in these boys and the whole school.
Good game to watch !! Somebody needs to fix what ever the problem is with the PA system !! PLEASE !! Nobody could understand a word the guy was saying ! The Green House holds 40 some hundred and there were just over 2000 there , but they sure made a lot of noise.
Congrats on your win GC :Thumbs: