Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: DeSales 60 Newport 57 (All-A Classic 1st Round)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Slight upset here.

Congrats Colts!
Looks like I was wrong on this one, sort of thought Newport would win this one and probably be playing on Sat. and possibly in the championship if they played their game.(pretty sure they was one of the favorites)Well I guess this is why they play the games you never know what is going to happen. Congrats to Desales on a solid win.
justabballfan Wrote:Looks like I was wrong on this one, sort of thought Newport would win this one and probably be playing on Sat. and possibly in the championship if they played their game.(pretty sure they was one of the favorites)Well I guess this is why they play the games you never know what is going to happen. Congrats to Desales on a solid win.
I join you with being wrong, but must have been a tight game, judging by the score, the next game with Hazard and Bishop Brossart is a toss-up in my estimation. Congrats, DeSales in this win!
So much for my prediction of Newport making it to the championship against Valley.

I think Desales might be better than we have given them credit for. They now hold wins over Newcath, Ryle, and Newport. Three of the 9th region's better teams.
kywldcat01 Wrote:So much for my prediction of Newport making it to the championship against Valley.

I think Desales might be better than we have given them credit for. They now hold wins over Newcath, Ryle, and Newport. Three of the 9th region's better teams.

Just comes to show how tough the 7th region really is when a team from the bottom part of their region can defeat someone from the top part of the 7th.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Just comes to show how tough the 7th region really is when a team from the bottom part of their region can defeat someone from the top part of the 7th.

DeSales is actually from the 6th region...

But still, it does seem like we all underestimated DeSales a bit. I think almost everyone had Newport advancing out of that side of the bracket, and here they are knocked out in the first round.

If it wasn't before, this side is now COMPLETELY wide open. Glasgow, DeSales, and either Brossart or Hazard all would have a good shot to win.
More Cowbell Wrote:DeSales is actually from the 6th region...

But still, it does seem like we all underestimated DeSales a bit. I think almost everyone had Newport advancing out of that side of the bracket, and here they are knocked out in the first round.

If it wasn't before, this side is now COMPLETELY wide open. Glasgow, DeSales, and either Brossart or Hazard all would have a good shot to win.

I agree...I think Glasgow comes out of this bracket now though. Cam Hall and Glasgow are pretty tough. If Glasgow makes it to the finals, I'd love to see a Hall-Justice match up. That'd be well worth the price of admission.
Wow, so much for my thoughts that Newport would be a threat come the end of the year to Holmes in the 9th
WOW! Wasn't expecting this at all! I as well as just about everyone else was predicting Newport to not only win this game but win the All "A"! Congrats to DeSales on the upset!
Yea as everyone has been saying so much for Newport ripping through the tourney. I really didnt see this one. Great game by Desales.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Yea as everyone has been saying so much for Newport ripping through the tourney. I really didnt see this one. Great game by Desales.

Desales has really put a damper on the City of Newport High Schools this season (Newport Catholic Football Semi's - Newport All A)
Stardust Wrote:Desales has really put a damper on the City of Newport High Schools this season (Newport Catholic Football Semi's - Newport All A)

Very true. Hate that for Newport schools. next round should be good!
I thought it would have been the other way :dontthink
Does anyone know if they will be pushed to postpone any of the games if all of the snow hits?
40-50 percent chance of snow on Friday and Saturday.

Last year, because of snow, they had to hold the semi-finals and finals on Sunday.
Yeah. I didnt know if they would resort to anything like that again.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I agree...I think Glasgow comes out of this bracket now though. Cam Hall and Glasgow are pretty tough. If Glasgow makes it to the finals, I'd love to see a Hall-Justice match up. That'd be well worth the price of admission.

I think I'm going to go with Hazard to make it to the finals now. I was really impressed with their win over Brossart today. Still not sure about DeSales, but that game should be a good one.

Still, you may end up being right about Glasgow. I don't see Walton-Verona being able to hang with them tomorrow, so they should be more rested than the DeSales-Hazard winner.
I think that the Hazard and Desales game will be a good one.