Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region Kapos Results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Anyone have results? heard Prestonsburg won something.
Congrats to Prestonsburg. They won their division!!!!
Pikeville won in both their divisions.
Judging this year was a joke.

Traditional- Pikeville
Small Varsity- Pike Central Orange
Medium Varsity- P-burg
Large Varsity Johnson Central
Super Large Pikeville
The middle school squads really impressed me.
adams wow they had 360's no highschool squad did they are greatt.
belfrey had great tumbling.
butt adams im pressed me the most definitley (:
Belfry fell victim to what I heard was a horrible judging move.
Congrats to all squads that won! Represent our region well at state!!
And it takes hard work and dedication for each and every squad, so here's a thumbs up to all the squads that competed!

Smile
Belfry High School Cheerleaders were by far the Most Impressive High School squad there last night.

How could they lose to Johnson Central? They made several mistakes (multiple mounts fell etc.)?
Belfry was disqualifed on some trumped up bs... Dont worry I would say after kapos officals review the case Belfry will be going to state... Belfry beat Johnson Central by an unheard of amount of points in cheerleading comps...
cheer_leader23 Wrote:The middle school squads really impressed me.
adams wow they had 360's no highschool squad did they are greatt.
belfrey had great tumbling.
butt adams im pressed me the most definitley (:
Agreed!!! Middle schools were Awesome. Belfry all around great, Adams stunting was most impressive of the night (high schools included), and the group from Lawrence Co's tumbling was the best of the night (high schools included)!!!
First of all I thought all of the squads were great. I am sure all of the squads have been working really hard on their routines. I am sure the Belfry girls were very disappointed about the disqualification, however insulting the Johnson Central team is not the honorable way to show your disappointment. Johnson Central didn't have an easy road to the competition. They had two of their best cheerleaders injured. One of their best climbers was injured on Monday night. Yes their stunts were shaky because new people were doing stunts they had one day to learn. I hope Belfry does get to go to state, but it isn't Johnson Central's fault they were disqualified. I am sure with 3 weeks to practice the JC squad will be a different group at state. The talent is there at JC their hearts just weren't there last night because of the injuries.:Cheerlead
Who exactly insulted JC? Someone asked how Belfry could lose to them with stunts falling, etc. but I see nowhere that anyone has insulted them!
I think making comments like " I don't see how Belfry was beat by Johnson Central because they had too many falls". First of all Belfry was beat by the judges. The judges disqualified them because they had an illegal stunt. You take that problem up with the organization. You don't have to discuss the other teams inadequacies to do that. Every high school team there last night had falls and bobbles including Belfry. At one point or another everyone has felt like they have been done wrong by the KAPOS judges.
How did Paintsville do. Heard this was their first year in a while. If their coach does not start making tumbleing a requirement they will have a long road to go.
If you do an illegal stunt you get disqualified. It's the coach's responsibility to know that the stunts performed in their routines are legal. Period. Bottom line.
gccheer1 Wrote:If you do an illegal stunt you get disqualified. It's the coach's responsibility to know that the stunts performed in their routines are legal. Period. Bottom line.

Thank You! That is the point I was trying to make. It doesn't do any good to talk about the team who ended up winning. It isn't their fault.:Clap:
No, Belfry Coaches, nor the cheerleaders did anything wrong.
Their team with through tech judging, and they said all the mounts were okay,
including the pyramid. those judges should have cought that, and Belfry Red, should have been the winners. Its wrong the girls get blamed because the judges made a mistake. They need to fix their mistake the give the girls the recognition they deserve. PERIOD.
gccheer1 Wrote:If you do an illegal stunt you get disqualified. It's the coach's responsibility to know that the stunts performed in their routines are legal. Period. Bottom line.

Belfry's sponsor is a KAPOS judge, she didnt have anything illegal in the routine, it was cleared twice by the technical judges, then all of a sudden they are disqualifed, after they beat Johnson Central by 14.5 points... No one is blaming or bashing JC, everyone is just stating the facts... It is a shame that these grown women whould cheat these young girls out of what they won fare an square... Dont be surprised when this gets overturned an Belfry an goes to state, an also dont be surprised when Belfry stops competing in KAPOS an the 15th region KAPOS competition loses all of its revenue, because belfry always brings the most fans an support, I would say last night over 85% of the people there was Belfry fans...
kyr450 Wrote:Belfry's sponsor is a KAPOS judge, she didnt have anything illegal in the routine, it was cleared twice by the technical judges, then all of a sudden they are disqualifed, after they beat Johnson Central by 14.5 points... No one is blaming or bashing JC, everyone is just stating the facts... It is a shame that these grown women whould cheat these young girls out of what they won fare an square... Dont be surprised when this gets overturned an Belfry an goes to state, an also dont be surprised when Belfry stops competing in KAPOS an the 15th region KAPOS competition loses all of its revenue, because belfry always brings the most fans an support, I would say last night over 85% of the people there was Belfry fans...
i agree so much.
that was a great post.

There are TECH judges for a reason they need to do there job if a stunt is illegal then THEY NEED TO TELL THE SQUAD THAT IT IS.

So no Belfry did nOT deserve to loose & they was 100% better than JC.

& i hope they do everything they can to get to go to state and prove them selves.
THEY DESERVE IT!

what happened was not wright i dont care what any one says.

really & truly belfry was the winner

and everyone knows that.
I would like to congratulate every single team that had the guts to cheer of front of atleast 1,000+ people.

And also that Belfry Red was the best squad I have EVER seen perform and my hearts go out to you all and I hope you address the issue.

GO PRESTONSBURG, STATE HERE WE COME!!!

true, but it is also the technicals responsibility to inform a team when they have illegal stunts behind the curtain.
same thing happened to the louisa middle school. they had 2 illegal stunts & the techs only informed them of one
belfrycheer09 Wrote:No, Belfry Coaches, nor the cheerleaders did anything wrong.
Their team with through tech judging, and they said all the mounts were okay,
including the pyramid. those judges should have cought that, and Belfry Red, should have been the winners. Its wrong the girls get blamed because the judges made a mistake. They need to fix their mistake the give the girls the recognition they deserve. PERIOD.
Any competition you go through has rules. They all say they try to catch illegal stunts on the warm up mats, but if they get missed by the tech. judges, they are still illegal.
How can you say just because a technical judge made a mistake and didn't catch an illegal stunt, that it should be allowed? It's still illegal.
kyr450 Wrote:Belfry's sponsor is a KAPOS judge, she didnt have anything illegal in the routine, it was cleared twice by the technical judges, then all of a sudden they are disqualifed, after they beat Johnson Central by 14.5 points... No one is blaming or bashing JC, everyone is just stating the facts... It is a shame that these grown women whould cheat these young girls out of what they won fare an square... Dont be surprised when this gets overturned an Belfry an goes to state, an also dont be surprised when Belfry stops competing in KAPOS an the 15th region KAPOS competition loses all of its revenue, because belfry always brings the most fans an support, I would say last night over 85% of the people there was Belfry fans...
Fan support or lack thereof should not have any bearing on judging, and I have also been involved with KAPOS for a long time...they do not cheat. Period. The best teams usually win.....but sometimes don't. Winners need to show class and good sportsmanship. Losers need to do the same.
cheer1020 Wrote:true, but it is also the technicals responsibility to inform a team when they have illegal stunts behind the curtain.
You are right, but the bottom line is that a coach should know if there is an illegal stunt. I coach myself. I have been in that position...and while I didn't 100% agree, I did not get on forums and bash the organization for it's decision.
A coach gets the blame when bad coaching decisions are made...period. end of story. I am sorry that a good squad was disqualified, but it's all part of life. Get over it.
The middle school squads that performed were the 4 best squads at the competition! They are ALL awesome! In my opinion all 4 squads could have beat any of the high school squads that competed. I am not putting the high schools down, I am just saying the middle school girls ROCKED! :rockon:
My oriinal comment was not intended to take away anything from JC. They always have a great team. I was unaware that Belfry was disqualified because I didn't stay for awards.

Just comparing the two teams, THAT NIGHT ONLY, Belfry was better.
gccheer1 Wrote:You are right, but the bottom line is that a coach should know if there is an illegal stunt. I coach myself. I have been in that position...and while I didn't 100% agree, I did not get on forums and bash the organization for it's decision.
A coach gets the blame when bad coaching decisions are made...period. end of story. I am sorry that a good squad was disqualified, but it's all part of life. Get over it.

The point of the matter is, it wasn't an illegal stunt, period... End of story... Why would a KAPOS judge put something illegal into her routine??? I know from past experiences in years before if a stunt was even close to being illegal Ms.Casey would not allow it in her routines simpley because these judges always look for any reason to take a stab at Belfry...

An you say these judges dont cheat??? Case in point a few years ago at state, 03 or 04 I cant remember, when Belfry got second place I believe, everyone that was there will tell you Belfry was cheated out of the win... Not just Belfry fans, not just mountain fans, anyone that was there that knows anything about cheerleading... When the cheerleaders an sponsor from the winning squad tells you that they feel you was cheated, Im pretty sure you got screwed by the judges...
Not everything can be seen on the tech floor, for did Belfry actually perform the stunt that got them DQ'd there? Did the parents & audience see it performed in warm-ups? Teams don't always perform everything - for this may have been a stunt in the "gray" area; what should have happened was to have recorded the routine and then sent it to KAPOS committee for review. This whole thing would have been avoided had that happened.

Rules change and coaches do not always interpret them correctly - which that is our fault. A lot of schools will also have choreographers come in and do the routine and the stunts - they are not NFHS certified and if they aren't down with the NFHS rules and do whatever they want, they will get DQ'd - another team got DQ'd in Region 7 and it was the gym coach's (choreographer) fault (mainly) & they were advised by other staff it was illegal, the only reason they got past the tech judges, was due to the fact they didn't perform their pyramid for them to see – which leaves the head cheer coach ultimately responsible, for they are in charge of their team and their performance. If ever a question, all coaches should send a video in - there is no excuse with technology these days for this to happen. It takes 5 minutes to upload and email a stunt sequence and get a response in 24-48 hours - and that would have saved a lifetime of controversy.
Reminder, these rules are there not to upset people, they are in place to make sure our girls are safe. Basket tosses, double-downs, and several other stunts are flat out illegal to be performed on the gym floor; they are great to watch, but it’s all about the safety of our girls!
Pages: 1 2 3 4