Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: All "A" Classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who are the favorites for this tourny???
Just curious...
Not too much information on the other teams but I do believe that Valley is favorite probably followed by Hazard and University Heights.
Newport is a team to watch out for also.
NEWPORT!! That is who I was forgeting about. Thanks man
1. Valley
2. UHA
3. Hazard
What are Fairviews chances of beating Owensboro Catholic? Like to see them beat OC, but can't see them betting LCA or UH.
Shelby Valley is the clear cut favorite, but LCA and Newport are not that far behind.
According to Dave Cantrall as of 01/25/2010:

1. Shelby Valley 81.5
2. Lexington Christian Academy 77.6
3. Glasgow 76.9
4. Newport 75.7
5. Campbellsville 73.2
6. Hazard 70.9
7. DeSales 70.3
8. University Heights 69.9
9. Bishop Brossart 68.4
10. Fairview 65.3
10. Owensboro Catholic 65.3
12. Danville 61.9
13. Ballard Memorial 56.6
14. Walton-Verona 56.5
15. Williamsburg 46.6
16. Brown 33.9
1. Shelby Valley
2. Newport
3. Lexington Christian
4. Bishop Brossart
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Not too much information on the other teams but I do believe that Valley is favorite probably followed by Hazard and University Heights.

I agree that Valley is the favorite, but I'm not sure those other two you mentioned will even make it out of the first round. UHA has to face Lexington Christian, who in my opinion should get to a semifinal game against SV. Hazard also has a tough first game against Bishop Brossart, which may be the best first-round game of the tourney.
The way I see it, the bottom bracket sets up nicely for a Shelby Valley - Lexington Christian semifinal. SV will not be tested in its first two games, and if LCA can get by University Heights in the first round, they will be there too.

The upper bracket is a little more wide-open. Newport looks to be the favorite there, but there are several other good teams. They play DeSales first, and will have a tough game in the second round against either Hazard or Bishop Brossart. Whoever emerges from that 4-team pod should face either Glasgow or Campbellsville in the other semifinal.

If I was to rank the teams in order of chance of winning:

1) Shelby Valley
2) Newport
3) LCA
4) Bishop Brossart
5) Hazard
6) Glasgow
7) Campbellsville
8) University Heights
More Cowbell Wrote:The way I see it, the bottom bracket sets up nicely for a Shelby Valley - Lexington Christian semifinal. SV will not be tested in its first two games, and if LCA can get by University Heights in the first round, they will be there too.

The upper bracket is a little more wide-open. Newport looks to be the favorite there, but there are several other good teams. They play DeSales first, and will have a tough game in the second round against either Hazard or Bishop Brossart. Whoever emerges from that 4-team pod should face either Glasgow or Campbellsville in the other semifinal.

1) Shelby Valley
2) Newport
3) LCA
4) Bishop Brossart
5) Hazard
6) Glasgow
7) Campbellsville
8) University Heights

This looks good, especially 1-2-3. I am pulling for an SV vs. Newport final!
More Cowbell Wrote:The way I see it, the bottom bracket sets up nicely for a Shelby Valley - Lexington Christian semifinal. SV will not be tested in its first two games, and if LCA can get by University Heights in the first round, they will be there too.

1) Shelby Valley
2) Newport
3) LCA
4) Bishop Brossart
5) Hazard
6) Glasgow
7) Campbellsville
8) University Heights
Looks good to me, with maybe #3, and #4 having equal chances!
Lexington Christian is favored
When do the games start?
Girls start Wed. morning at 9AM and play all day. Boys start Thurs. at 9AM and do the same.
Has anyone seen any articles on the tourney?
Don't forget about Hazard, they could make some noise, like they have many times before in this tourney.
Don't know about favorites, but Newport has a very good team.....with decent height at all spots
Newport will play above the rim more than any other team down in Richmond.

Here's a few pics of the Wildcats:

2010 9th Region All "A" Champs

[attachment=o1862]

6'4 Demarko Foster (PG)

[attachment=o1863]

6'3 Anthony Luther

[attachment=o1864]

[attachment=o1865]

[attachment=o1866]
6'5 Cody Collins

[attachment=o1868]

[attachment=o1869]

6'5 Casey McDaniel

[attachment=o1867]
Does anyone remember last year at the all A. Was Elliot number 1 in the state?
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Does anyone remember last year at the all A. Was Elliot number 1 in the state?

Nope...Holmes held the #1 ranking practically the whole year. EC was in the 3-5 range all year.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Nope...Holmes held the #1 ranking practically the whole year. EC was in the 3-5 range all year.

Thanks man!
According to the Cantrall rankings it looks like it is shaping up nicely for Valley.
SV then IMO Walton Verona (they have been playing nice basketball of late and have won and clicked on all cylinders at the right time)
Hmmm I think you might be the first person to mention Walton-Verona to get to the finals.
Newport loses All 'A' opener
How great would it be to see a mountain final.
Hazard vs. Valley!!!
That would be awesome.
Shelby Valley wins 73 to 34 but didn't look good doing it. The next game with the winner of the Danville-Williamsburg game should be tougher. Valley's defense forced a lot of turnovers tonight but again SV did not shoot well, they have to get back to shooting over 50%. But again, a win is a win, is a win. Congratulations Elilsha and the rest of your teammates at SV.
Pages: 1 2