Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who wins the 14th Region?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hazard, Pcc, and Estill lost some good players. Who wins it?
it will be between Estill, Hazard, PCC, KCC. Estill did lose some hitters, but they won most of the games with ground ball, not home runs. but we return one of the best pitchers in the region in Kyle Clowers. we have some good talent coming back and the Engineers could possibly we the Region for the 3rd year in a Row!!!
Until Estill get beat they are the #1 are until the season gets started
Lets see Perry lost the heart of their line up. The have no pitching with any experience other then chitwood and he was iffy at times. They had Boggs but he transferred to pike central. Hazard also lost alot in thier line up. But they are returning Meehan which will be a game winning pitcher when he is on the mound. The same with Estill they will bring back one of the better pitcher in eastern Ky that is Clowers. I think Knott will be the team to beat as the season goes they are loaded JMO. Breathitt will be a team that can win with Ritchie is on the mound. The 14th will be up in the air should be fun to watch. Good Luck to all the teams.
i think that kcc will cause they got alot of talent coming back from last years team and they only lost one player from last years team so watch out
KCC or LCC are prolly the favorites going into the season. PCC,HHS, and Estill lost quite a few seniors but I wouldnt count out any of those either. Breathitt is a sleeper always in the 14th, with returning the stud on the mound in Ritchie they could beat anyone too.My preseason pick is the Hazard Bulldogs.
Imo, I think it comes down to Estill, Hazard, and Knott. You can never count estill out with Clowers on the mound, Hazard has Meehan who can easily beat anyone on a given night, and Knott Co. has probably the deepest pitching rotation in the region coming into the season. It should come down to as it always does, the region draw and pitching match-ups.
MVP2 Wrote:KCC or LCC are prolly the favorites going into the season. PCC,HHS, and Estill lost quite a few seniors but I wouldnt count out any of those either. Breathitt is a sleeper always in the 14th, with returning the stud on the mound in Ritchie they could beat anyone too.My preseason pick is the Hazard Bulldogs.

i agree and disagree the thing im disagreeing is hazard for the pick cause they lost all of there 5 power hitters and there gonna have to rely on meehan alot more and they got to play alot of young players
Knott will have the best team but with Estill and Hazard each having a great pitcher could knock them off. Knott is the favorite going in. I dont think Knott has alot of seniors do they? Im pretty sure the majority of their team are underclassmen.
i agree and knott has 3 seniors on the team this year and i do believe has that there mainly underclassmen tho but we will know when the rosters come out tho
Not much buzz surrounding LCC and their 9 seniors. They have the most experience & talent of all the 14th teams, with Hazard and KCC right up there with them. The 14th region will once again be a great competition to see who will end up at Applebees at the end of the season.
Jshort5 Wrote:Not much buzz surrounding LCC and their 9 seniors. They have the most experience & talent of all the 14th teams, with Hazard and KCC right up there with them. The 14th region will once again be a great competition to see who will end up at Applebees at the end of the season.

i agree letcher has some great talent but i dont think hazard we be right up there cause they lost of alot and they go alot of young kids that will be filling in there shoes i say hazard will make to either the first or second round in the region or who knows tho they might like knott central last year and do great with alot of young guys only time will tell this year
What on earth has happened to Powell County seems they gone down hill fast.
powell fan Wrote:What on earth has happened to Powell County seems they gone down hill fast.

i agree ever since they had that wonderful team about 2-3 years ago they aint even been heard of
Lcc
The favorite would have to be Letcher Co Central with Knott Co Central close behind. They are returning more players than any other regional tournament team from Last year. My sleepers would be Estill Co, Breathitt County, Powell Co, and Perry Co Central.
diehardbluefan Wrote:The favorite would have to be Letcher Co Central with Knott Co Central close behind. They are returning more players than any other regional tournament team from Last year. My sleepers would be Estill Co, Breathitt County, Powell Co, and Perry Co Central.

How can you rank Letcher over Knott? Knott won all 3 meetings last year and if i'm not mistaken Letcher lost more starters than Knott last year. So as of right now I just don't believe you can rank Letcher ahead of Knott. I will agree that these are the top 2 teams, just in a reversed order.

And on a side note, I think Hazard will be a sleeper as well.
from what ive heard, Estill Head Coach Jeremy Sparks is only here for 1 year and the Position could possibly be open again
Strikeout King Wrote:from what ive heard, Estill Head Coach Jeremy Sparks is only here for 1 year and the Position could possibly be open again

well that aint good what happen to the coach they had before he retire or what
If I am mistaken, I don't think Letcher Central lost a whole lot. They are the clear cut favorites. Region will be played at Letcher Central this year, and we have a load of talent coming back.
14thregionrules Wrote:i agree ever since they had that wonderful team about 2-3 years ago they aint even been heard of

Isn't that when coaching changed for them.
14thregionrules Wrote:well that aint good what happen to the coach they had before he retire or what

the reason he is only here for a year is because he's going to school at UK. he's gonna coach for a year then go back to school. Coach Wood Retired and who knows he may decide to come back, but idk
cougarpride08 Wrote:If I am mistaken, I don't think Letcher Central lost a whole lot. They are the clear cut favorites. Region will be played at Letcher Central this year, and we have a load of talent coming back.

I don't think that anybody is the CLEAR favorite. And as of right now I would rank Knott over Letcher Central. Knott won all 3 meetings last year and if i'm not mistaken Letcher lost more starters than Knott last year. I will agree that these are the top 2 teams though.
Strikeout King Wrote:the reason he is only here for a year is because he's going to school at UK. he's gonna coach for a year then go back to school. Coach Wood Retired and who knows he may decide to come back, but idk

if he comes back let me know
fanatic11 Wrote:I don't think that anybody is the CLEAR favorite. And as of right now I would rank Knott over Letcher Central. Knott won all 3 meetings last year and if i'm not mistaken Letcher lost more starters than Knott last year. I will agree that these are the top 2 teams though.

That was last year which means absolutely nothing!
cougarpride08 Wrote:That was last year which means absolutely nothing!

Well just using logic based on the most recent information we have (last season) then you would have to rank KCC above LCC. It could change once the season starts and games start to be played, but as of RIGHT NOW, I believe KCC has to be ranked above LCC.
cougarpride08 Wrote:If I am mistaken, I don't think Letcher Central lost a whole lot. They are the clear cut favorites. Region will be played at Letcher Central this year, and we have a load of talent coming back.

That was last year which means absolutely nothing!
^ Where have I heard these words before?
High school teams change every year because of graduation and the development of the younger kids so we won't know who the favorites are until the season starts.
Wait until they play ball then we will see.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Wait until they play ball then we will see.

That's why they keep the scorebook,and we all love Mountain athletics. There are no loosers just teams with more points than others.
Pages: 1 2