Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cousins is SEC Freshman of the Week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Stop me if you’ve heard this one… The SEC Freshman of the Week is from Kentucky. Demarcus Cousins took the honors this week after scoring 16 points and grabbing 14 rebounds. It was Boogie’s 10th double-double of the season. What makes this week’s award even more impressive is that Cousins only played a total of 17 minutes all week. Way to go, Biz Cuz. Or, should we call him Demarcuth Couthinths?

It is Kentucky’s 10th SEC weekly award this season. Go Cats.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=42455
Kentucky is dominating this award
duh they should
have we even give up a freshman of the week yet?
16 points and 14 boards in just 17 minutes, wow! :yikes:
Keep in mind that he got the majority of these points with a chipped/broken tooth! He is an animal who just wants to play basketball.
Aslan Wrote:16 points and 14 boards in just 17 minutes, wow! :yikes:

Leads the nation in points per minute. If he could stay out of foul trouble, he would lead the nation in scoring.
beasy_bo Wrote:have we even give up a freshman of the week yet?

Yes we have surrendered it 3 weeks this season.

John Jenkins of Vandy has won it twice and Reginald Buckner of Ole Miss has won it once. In week 8 when Jenkins won the honor, Cousins was named SEC Player of the Week so that was kind of a gimme. Cousins has now won the honor twice and POW once. Bledsoe has won it twice as well. Wall has won the honor a leading 4 times. Despite Wall winning Freshman of the Week honors 4 times, he has not won Player of the Week honors as Patterson is the only other UK player to win Player of the Week honors.
Boogie is a beast with or witout teeth. I say that he will get it, 2 or 3 more times his year. I hate that Patricks stats have taken a hit a but just looking at the game that Cuz has it is hard to see Pats stats stay up any where close to last year (when he was one of two components of the team).
Congrats to Big Cuz... He is one of the top big men in the country without a doubt... WHEN
Congrats to Cuz. Would love to see him control his fouls and stay in games to see what he can really do.
My friends try and tell me Cousins isn't good enough to go pro this year.

In my mind he's more then good enough. Leading the nation in points per mintue for a big man is insane when you look at all of the explosive guards like John Wall, Devan Downey, and Rodney Clark just to name some from the SEC.