Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard 72 Buckhorn 69 (OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Saw the final in another thread. Congrats dawg!
Id say it was a good one. Cgrats Hazard.
Congrats on another All "A" championship but looks like they got two scares in one day.I heard Leslie played them down to the wire in the semi finals earlier today, Hazard coming away by 5.

Buckhorn keeps on showing so much heart playing everyone down to the wire but just cant get a win. I wouldnt want to play them in the 1st round of district if I was either PCC or HHS, Buckhorn gotta win sometime.
Gotta love 54th district bball!
Does anybody have scoring?Radio gave it too fast for me to catch.
Sounded like for Buckhorn-Stidham 31 and Day 30.
For Hazard-Whitaker led them with 24,Olinger 19-good game for the freshman,Back 13,John Combs 12 and I believe they said B.J.Combs 11.Kentucky.com doesn't have linescore nor linescore from either semifinal game.
Hazard plays Bishop Brossart Thursday at 1:30 as they beat Nicholas Co. 58-33.
For Bishop Brossart-Rieger had 17,Morscher 12,Armstrong 10 and Fardo 10.
3 great boys games today down in Jackson, was a great All A tourney, congrats to the Bulldogs, good luck in Richmond. Couldn't ask for 3 better games.
Buckhorn showed great effort in this ballgame. They fell down by 16 (I think) by half-time, but came out with fire in their eyes. Foul trouble and terrible FT shooting killed Buckhorn. Stidham stepped up as a senior should and really carried this team on his back in the 2nd half. For the doubters of Matt Day, I think he showed how good he truly is tonight. Buckhorn will be NO easy out come tournament time. This team is capable of making a huge run.

As for Hazard, this team is very clutch. Gotta give credit where credit is due, Congrats on winning the All A. Hazard will be there to defend their regional crown as well. This is not the same Hazard team from the start of the season. The 54th Distirct will be very entertaining.
[Image: 2196465440069226593S600x600Q85.jpg]
2010 All-A 14th Region Champs
Congrats Bulldogs!!!!!
I cannot say enough good things about Buckhorn. This team of Wildcats is the real deal...they play hard and they don't give up. I sure hope we don't draw them in the first round of the district. Congrats Buckhorn on a great game!
Congrats to the Dawgs and good luck to Buckhorn the rest of the season!!
Wow i never thought this game would come out this way i figured it would be all HHS but i was wrong good job Horn
Sounds like another great game, Buckhorn just cannot find ways to win these close games. They will be the most dangerous team to draw in the 54th district this year because they have something to prove! Either Hazard or Perry could be going home early this year if they draw Horn.
Congrats to Hazard! Having two point guards help down in crunch time. Buckhorn keep working hard it will pay off in the end.
congrats hazard
Congrats to both teams! Buckhorn has no reason to hang their heads they played a fantastic game, its just that Hazard managed to pull off the win! Congrats to the Bulldogs!!
Awesome game by both teams--everything a Region final should be! Freethrows hurt both sides in this game. Congrats Dawgs-Good luck Thursday!
Congrats Bulldogs. Good luck this week in Richmond.
good win dawgs. the horn is tough stuff.
Congrats to the Bulldogs. I picked against them, but am very impressed with their perseverance.
Good Job Dawgs !!!
I heard one of Big Al's Ref. T. Hutton was calling once again for the Daugs didn't see the game just what I heard.
heaven44 Wrote:I heard one of Big Al's Ref. T. Hutton was calling once again for the Daugs didn't see the game just what I heard.

Yep, and did a heck of a job too. Also, one of Noble's Refs Flinchum(calls everygame Buckhorn plays) was also on the game, The game went overtime, both teams missed 15-20 free throws each, can't ask for a better game.
heaven44 Wrote:I heard one of Big Al's Ref. T. Hutton was calling once again for the Daugs didn't see the game just what I heard.

I just hope you stay at Perry Central for life.