Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mullins clinches Pike County Northern Conference Title
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We defeated Pikeville last night by 45 to 33, I believe. Pikeville played really well last night and our offense never really showed up except for a 3 minute run in the third quarter. I was very proud of our boys for there tough nose defense all night, holding Pikeville to 33 points.

Also, for this to be a regular season grade school game, the crowd rivaled something you would see at a district tournament high school game. Both sides of the stands at Mullins was packed and neither side went too far with anything! A great atmosphere for these kids to have played in! Really a night to remember for all the kids on both teams! A and B team games were both really exciting and the crowd could not have been louder for both games.

Congratulations to Pikeville's C and B teams. Pikeville's C team handle us pretty easily tonight but there C team is one of the best you will see anywhere. The B team game was a one point thriller which Pikeville got the best of us! I am proud of our boys though for cutting a 8 point lead down to 1 in 40 seconds! We had 2 really good looks from deep and two missed lay ups in the last 15 seconds and could not knock any of them down!

We was told this was the first conference title for Mullins in about 20 years, hopefully we can follow it up with the first ever county title in school history.

Pikeville and Belfry have a game left against each other I believe, which will decide the second and third seeds in the county tournament.

To our boys, Coach Kidd and myself could not be more proud of how hard you have worked all year! Let's keep it up and ride this momentum into the County Tournament.
Congrats Coach! We have a big game against Dorton tonight that will possibly decide a lot in the South and another one next week against Virgie. Good luck with your season and we will see you soon at our place!
Congratulations on clinching the #1 spot. A lot will be determined on our side in the next week.
Alot will be decided in the next week about the south conference. If dorton wins tonight by 13 points then they clinich 1 seed. if Dorton wins by less then 13 and fc loses to virgie next week they (dorton) will #1 seed.

If Feds Creek wins tonight they will have #1 seed.

FC is 2-0
Virgie 1-2
Dorton 1-2

Fc beat dorton @ FC 12 points
FC beat virgie @FC 11points
Virgie beat dorton @ dorton 3 points
Dorton beat virgie @ virgie 22 points

so with dorton winning the point spread against virgie all they have to do if win by 13 against FC to win that point spread also and be #1 seed. But now if Dorton wins by less then 13 and FC loses to virgie then dorton would have #1 seed due to all matchups against FC outcomes. Dorton holds a 3-2 series lead right now. FC wins and gets #1 seed in south due to 3-0 start to regular season conference play, regardless of virgie out come....Good luck both teams tonight but I am pulling for the VIKINGS!!!
So tell me if I am following this right...

If Feds Creek beats Dorton or Virgie, they move to 3-1 between those 3 team teams and clinch the number one seed. Virgie and Dorton have already played both conference games, so for one of them to outright claim the number 2 seed, they would have to beat Feds Creek. If Feds Creek beats both of them, then Virgie and Dorton would be tied and Dorton would win the points spread. If Dorton and Virgie both beat Feds Creek, then its a three way tie and I'm told goes to a coin flip?

Is this all possible cases?
So at this moment, before the F.C. vs Dorton and F.C. vs Virgie games and Pikeville vs. Belfry, the county tournament would stand at this...

*************N1.Mullins

S4.Elkhorn
N5.Phelps

*************S2.Dorton
*************N3.Belfry

*************S1.Feds Creek

N4.Johns Creek
S5.Millard

*************N2.Pikeville

S3.Virgie
N6.Kimper
bball_fan Wrote:So tell me if I am following this right...

If Feds Creek beats Dorton or Virgie, they move to 3-1 between those 3 team teams and clinch the number one seed. Virgie and Dorton have already played both conference games, so for one of them to outright claim the number 2 seed, they would have to beat Feds Creek. If Feds Creek beats both of them, then Virgie and Dorton would be tied and Dorton would win the points spread. If Dorton and Virgie both beat Feds Creek, then its a three way tie and I'm told goes to a coin flip?

Is this all possible cases?

I believe there are actually 4 scenarios between the 3 teams (provided we beat Elkhorn next Tuesday night, and Millard in both games).

1. If we beat FC and Virgie beats FC it will be a 3 way tie (coin flip between the 3 teams).
2. If Feds Creek beats us and Virgie beats FC (FC #1, Virgie #2, Dorton #3, EC #4, Millard #5).
3. If FC beats both us and Virgie (FC #1, Dorton #2 by tiebreaker, Virgie #3, EC #4, Millard #5).
4. If we beat FC and FC beats Virgie (FC #1, Dorton #2, Virgie #3, EC #4, Millard #5).
If Dorton wins tonight, then all eyes will be on the Virgie vs. Feds Creek game because it will determine everything. But in case of a three way tie, there has got to be a better way then a coin flip!
First of all, I would like tosemd my congrats to coach Kidd. I think the world of him after he did what he did the other night against us.

There is no way you.can go point spread in a three way tie.
Cubcoach, thanks for having your home game at our place, I really appreciate it! I know and Coach Justice knows you are rebuilding. See you Tuesday!
Yeah, a points spread would be impossible or near it. Just a idea though, what if each team took the record of the three best pike county teams they beat and let each win each one of those three pike county teams count as a point (wins would have to be against other Pike County teams though). Add up your total points between the wins your choice of three schools have, and seed them that way. This is what Kentucky High School football does to break three way ties. I believe it would work good in this case and would also reward teams for going out and playing every team in the county, or at least the best teams in the county.

Example of what I mean...

Say Team 1, 2 and 3 are in a three way tie.

Let Team A, B, C & D represent 4 other county schools.

Team A won 10 in county games
Team B won 8 in county games
Team C won 6 in county games
Team D won 4 in county games

Say Team 1 played Teams A, B & C. You add up the total in county wins of team A,B & C.
Say Team 2 played Teams B, C & D.
Say Team 3 played Teams A, C & D.

Team 1 would have a point total of 24.
Team 2 would have a point total of 18.
Team 3 would have a point total of 20.

Thus Team one would be the #1 seed, Team 3 would be the #2 seed and Team 2 would be the #3 seed. Most importantly though, this lets the teams decide the seeds on the court.
School Admin. Wrote:Cubcoach, thanks for having your home game at our place, I really appreciate it! I know and Coach Justice knows you are rebuilding. See you Tuesday!
No problem, I am glad I could help you out sir.

You guys are an awesome team and I wish you the best.
Congrats to Mullins! Coach Kidd has done and outstanding job this year!
Good job coach, Mullins is really playing well this year.
Congratulations Mullins :Clap:
I would check on this 1st before anyone says that Mullins is Pike County Northern Conference Title bc if I am sure Belfry beat them at Belfry then Mullins won at Mullins, Pikeville beat Belfry at Pikeville and they play Monday night at Belfry, then Mullins beat Pikeville at Mullins and I dont know who won at Pikeville if Belfry wins Monday night isnt that a 3 way tie for 1st???
We have beat Pikeville twice and Belfry once. Belfry has beat us, but Pikeville also beat them. Pikeville and Belfry still have one more game to play, though I'm not sure when it is or if it has happened and I do not know about it.
Way to go, Mullins Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to Coach Brandon Kidd with all your games, except when you play us.(BL)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats to the school, the boys, & Coach Kidd! You all represent with class!
It's good to see Mullins back on the rise!