Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Next coach at Perry Co. Central?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Now that the hiring of Browne has been announced, who are the front runners for this job, or do they already have someone in place to take over the job.(Combs, McIntyre, Pray) ??????
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Now that the hiring of Browne has been announced, who are the front runners for this job, or do they already have someone in place to take over the job.(Combs, McIntyre, Pray) ??????

I have heard that it has all ready been offered to someone.
I hope that Perry acts quick. With all the young talent they have, they need someone that is willing to put time in for the program like Browne did.
Who are even any potential candidates? Are any assistnats going with Browne? What does coach Browne teach? will he finish out the year at Perry or go on to richmond.
I heard last night they offered Roark from Middlesboro.
Kenny Roark has been offered the job. His son is a QB. Middlesboro should be looking for a coach. Roark has made the statement that he will take it.
If you didn't have to work in the school system Tony Pennington (coach of the middleschool team) would be a good idea.
nannook Wrote:I heard last night they offered Roark from Middlesboro.

I heard the same thing.
Potential Candidates working at PCC currently

Jeff Ritchie - Current Golf Coach - All State Tailback at Flint High in Michigan.
Randy Napier - Current Girls Basketball Coach - Played College football at EKU.
Kevin Whitman - Assistant Girls Basketball Coach - Played Louisville Eastern and EKU.
Paul Chaney - Current Teacher used to coach PCC.
Kevin Duff - Former Defensive Coordinator
Bobby Dixon - Current Baseball Coach - Hes probably the man for the job.
DUFF DUFF DUFF DUFF:beg: No Duff is too Tuff!!!!!! Roark is the best choice if he wants to leave MBoro.
Would have to say Duff and Chaney would do a great job at taking over at PCC, but I would have to say Roark would be the man if he wants it. And a QB to boot, that would be a done deal.
heard mike whitaker from lcc and a coach from lca are also interested. but if roark can bring a qb then hire him, pcc doesnt have one right now for next year.
I predict they will hire a coach who is;
1. right off the boat - fresh and naive about how a program is ran
2. desperate for a job and is grasping to employment

I see dark clouds for the program. Bad for the kids.
I predict some pretty good teams if they get Kenny Roark. He probably needs a change anyways. Its hard when Bell steals all your players from you. Sort of like Hazard does from Perry or vice versa.
wood_chuck Wrote:heard mike whitaker from lcc and a coach from lca are also interested. but if roark can bring a qb then hire him, pcc doesnt have one right now for next year.

Is this kid any good?
warmachine Wrote:I predict some pretty good teams if they get Kenny Roark. He probably needs a change anyways. Its hard when Bell steals all your players from you. Sort of like Hazard does from Perry or vice versa.

Too funny. Bell has ZERO players that have played in the middlesboro little league at anytime. ZERO.

Compared to what PCC is losing Roark would be a HUGE improvment as the HEAD COACH. The way I understand it he is about ran out of rope in Middlesboro anyway so it maybe a great time to move on.
king360 Wrote:Is this kid any good?

Yes he is. He is a Sophmore.
warmachine Wrote:I predict some pretty good teams if they get Kenny Roark. He probably needs a change anyways. Its hard when Bell steals all your players from you. Sort of like Hazard does from Perry or vice versa.

You don't even know what you are talking about.
I find it very hard to believe that Coach Whitaker would show any interest in that job woodchuck, I am going to go ahead and call total BS on that one pal
14thregionref Wrote:Would have to say Duff and Chaney would do a great job at taking over at PCC, but I would have to say Roark would be the man if he wants it. And a QB to boot, that would be a done deal.

:Thumbs:
Roundabout Wrote:I predict they will hire a coach who is;
1. right off the boat - fresh and naive about how a program is ran
2. desperate for a job and is grasping to employment

I see dark clouds for the program. Bad for the kids.

?
If PCC can get someone with the football knowledge of Roark from Middlesboro and a good QB to boot, then they need to hire this man immediately. I would also like to say this, if they want to be a good football school, then they need to get Kevin Duff, Bobby Keith and Paul Chaney back on board with the football program at PCC.
Navajo4life Wrote:If PCC can get someone with the football knowledge of Roark from Middlesboro and a good QB to boot, then they need to hire this man immediately. I would also like to say this, if they want to be a good football school, then they need to get Kevin Duff, Bobby Keith and Paul Chaney back on board with the football program at PCC.

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
warmachine Wrote:Potential Candidates working at PCC currently

Jeff Ritchie - Current Golf Coach - All State Tailback at Flint High in Michigan.
Randy Napier - Current Girls Basketball Coach - Played College football at EKU.
Kevin Whitman - Assistant Girls Basketball Coach - Played Louisville Eastern and EKU.
Paul Chaney - Current Teacher used to coach PCC.
Kevin Duff - Former Defensive Coordinator
Bobby Dixon - Current Baseball Coach - Hes probably the man for the job.
What about Scotty Mac(coach at Willard elem), he was all state tight end at Hazard and M.C. Napier, also holds all the records at the Hazard Pavilion in weightlifting and Tennis (hardest serve).
CADEREECE Wrote:What about Scotty Mac(coach at Willard elem), he was all state tight end at Hazard and M.C. Napier, also holds all the records at the Hazard Pavilion in weightlifting and Tennis (hardest serve).

Would have to agree with this one too, he knows his stuff, he has done wonders with all the teams that he has coached. Works hard with all the kids and does what he has too to get all he needs out of them. If not head coach, definitely would be a great assistant and strength coach. TongueirateSho
Whitaker from LCC has been talked about at Perry Central, so has Raines from LCA. I didn't hear anybody mention Roark at Perry today.
if PCC had any sence they would go after coach Roark and his son. cause they need a qb bad. austin pray cant throw a football worth a lick, he just dont have the throw power.
an i honstly believe that roark will fit right in at perry an would actually turn pcc into a powerhouse program in a matter of years considering all the young talent they have. an with the adition of chase roark playin qb, i think perry will be a pretty darn tough team to beat come the 2010 season.
Did I read something where the police had to be called to a fight inside the Middlesboro locker room this year.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Would have to agree with this one too, he knows his stuff, he has done wonders with all the teams that he has coached. Works hard with all the kids and does what he has too to get all he needs out of them. If not head coach, definitely would be a great assistant and strength coach. TongueirateSho

CADEREECE Wrote:What about Scotty Mac(coach at Willard elem), he was all state tight end at Hazard and M.C. Napier, also holds all the records at the Hazard Pavilion in weightlifting and Tennis (hardest serve).

This has got to be the best option for pcc
This the best choice i have heard so far
I am for scott to get the job and your right he has done wonders with the teams he has coached:rockon::Thumbs::worthy:
Aslan Wrote:?

If I have to spell it out, face the facts. Perry has had 5/6 different coaches since the school opened in 1992/93. There are some problems that haven’t or can’t be changed. If a quality coach actually looks into a program before they accept a position they would see this and wonder what’s going on. The school doesn’t have any assistants in the high school, the facilities do not compare to neighboring or competing schools. There are a lot of things that need to be changed before a program can thrive. In closing, any coach worth his salt would notice these things and wonder what the problem is.:bball:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9