Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Good Refs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
who is some of the best refs here in the mountains?
16th Bob Hall
15th Tim Trent
14th Dirk Flinchum
13th Brent Gray
All are top officials in their regions
The 14th/15th region don't have one.
They are only as good as the teams they call for.
The 14th has the best officials of the mountain regions.
Wall4president Wrote:16th Bob Hall
15th Tim Trent
14th Dirk Flinchum
13th Brent Gray
All are top officials in their regions

Is this the guy that coaches baseball at Jackson Co.?
worker1 Wrote:The 14th has the best officials of the mountain regions.

I would have to agree. :1:
Not many people like him, but I think Tommy Hutton is a pretty good ref.
king360 Wrote:Not many people like him, but I think Tommy Hutton is a pretty good ref.

i heard that at a powell co holiday tourny that hutton told a coach from jackson that he may get a few calls if he had team that was any good... now if this is true Hutton can't be a very good ref
Helton and Densmore out of Right Fork
Well I think i guess I'm gonna have to go with Marty Gibson from the 15th....lmao
Remorcefull Raider Wrote:Well I think i guess I'm gonna have to go with Marty Gibson from the 15th....lmao

lol thats true
There are good refs in the mtns?
yeeahh Wrote:There are good refs in the mtns?

That's what I'm sayin.
larry thacker always seems to call good games
Jeff Richtie? Whens he gonna get a shot at a big game and not just the Buckhorn vs Riverside or a Jackson City vs Jenkins games?
not really used to the 15th but i know two great ones who came over and did the 2005 14th region simifinal between breathitt and perry was mike walker and mike hall those guys was pretty good and in the 13th idk if he still refs and correct me on the name but kanndi who did the 2003 region simis over here in the 14th seen him at the state tourny a couple times as well
MVP2 Wrote:Jeff Richtie? Whens he gonna get a shot at a big game and not just the Buckhorn vs Riverside or a Jackson City vs Jenkins games?
When he learns the game is about the teams and not him, may be the worst in the 14th
MVP2 Wrote:Jeff Richtie? Whens he gonna get a shot at a big game and not just the Buckhorn vs Riverside or a Jackson City vs Jenkins games?

When he learns the spotlight is on the KIDS and not HIM!
From the 12th region

Tony Gray
Scott Bottoms
Michael Bray
Jimmy Dyehouse
Bob Rankin
Mike Black
Mark Bryant
Boyd Harris
Willie Hoskins
Kyle Mink

Im not sure if Keith Morgan went to the 13th or 14th but when he was in the 12th I always thought he was a good official.
Dexter Campell would have to be at the top of the 14th. The problem the 14th will face in a few years is that there won't be any ref's left. The good younger guys who are coming into the profession get so disgruntled with the assigning secretary that they go elsewhere( like the 15th). Same ol', same ol' has really hurt the process of keeping new and fresh referee talent from flourishing here in the 14th. I'm not saying all the younger guys are good---some are horrible---but the new good ones should be allowed to work some prominent games as they progress
JOBAKKA Wrote:may be the worst in the 14th
Must of called for your favorite team and they lost, typical blame it on the ref syndrome :eyeroll:
Captain Crook Wrote:When he learns the spotlight is on the KIDS and not HIM!

That is a good one, how can any official get any spotlight, they come out, run up and down the floor and call the game and leave, if you think they are trying to get in the spotlight it's because you must be watching them, you should be their to watch the game not the officials. Our 14th region has about 10-12 officials that are all pretty close and all call a good game, some are better than others, but they all have their differences, age being the one that this region should be worried about.
14th - Hutton, Thacker, Cook, Melton, Richie, Campbell all have been to a state tournament or All A tournament and have all called the semi's or finals, so must be pretty good officials. Others in the region Brian Napier and Benny Campbell are probably the best younger officials that have started calling a lot lately. Flinchum, I think is going to the All A tourney this year, and there are others that are pretty good to, just can't think of who they are right now.
Captain Crook Wrote:When he learns the spotlight is on the KIDS and not HIM!

Please elaborate.lol
Come on men,their all good.LOL
king360 Wrote:Please elaborate.lol

Here is the way I look at it.....If I have too think of the officials who call a specific game, that usually says they called a good game! Several in the 14th like to be seen way too much by their antics making a call, voice reflection,etc........
NOT DON HALL!!!he cant ref at all!!!he does what ever big Al holland says!!!
the 1 the only Wrote:who is some of the best refs here in the mountains?

when you find one let me know:biggrin:
Captain Crook Wrote:Here is the way I look at it.....If I have too think of the officials who call a specific game, that usually says they called a good game! Several in the 14th like to be seen way too much by their antics making a call, voice reflection,etc........

Concur.
Pages: 1 2 3