Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bluegrassrivals.com Girls Basketball Top 20 (Jan. 18)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Marion County
Jan 22 Taylor County WIN
Jan 23 Christian Academy-Louisville WIN
Jan 26 Bardstown away
2. Christian Academy-Louisville
Jan 21 Sacred Heart WIN
Jan 22 Anderson County WIN
Jan 23 Marion County LOSS
Jan 25 TBA at Bellarmine University (Louisville Invitational Tournament)
3. Madison Central
Jan 22 Henry Clay WIN
Jan 25 Western Hills away
4. Bullitt East
Jan 22 North Bullitt WIN
Jan 23 Owensboro Catholic WIN
Jan 25 TBA at Bellarmine University Louisville Invitational Tournament
5.Rockcastle County
Jan 22 Casey County WIN
Jan 25 Mercer County WIN
6.Mercy
Jan 22 Paul Laurence Dunbar WIN
Jan 23 St. Joseph Academy, MO WIN
Jan 26 TBA at Bellarmine University Louisville Invitational Tournament
7. DuPont Manual
Jan 22 Male WIN
Jan 23 Mt. Notre Dame, OH WIN
Jan 26 TBA at Bellarmine University Louisville Invitational Tournament
8. Bowling Green
Jan 22 Warren East WIN
Jan 26 Logan County home
9.Lincoln County
Jan 23 Southwestern WIN
Jan 25 North Laurel WIN
10.Boone County
Jan 23 Conner away WIN
Jan 25 Simon Kenton WIN
11.Elizabethtown
Jan 21 Hart County WIN
Jan 22 John Hardin WIN
Jan 25 Nelson County WIN
12.Clay County
Jan 21 Fern Creek WIN
Jan 22 Lafayette WIN
Jan 23 Scott County LOSS
Jan 25 Bell County WIN
13. Paul Lawrence Dunbar
Jan 22 Mercy LOSS
Jan 23 Eastern WIN
Jan 26 Franklin County away
14. Murray
Jan 21 St. Mary’s WIN
Jan 23 Ballard Memorial WIN
15.Franklin County
Jan 22 Woodford County WIN
Jan 26 Paul Laurence Dunbar WIN
16. Butler
Jan 21 Western WIN
Jan 22 Bullitt Central WIN
Jan 23 Lexington Catholic LOSS
Jan 26 Jeffersontown at Bellarmine University Louisville Invitational Tournament
17. Newport Central Catholic
Jan 21 Dayton WIN
18. Letcher County Central
Perry County Central LOSS
Knott County Central LOSS
Breathitt County LOSS
19. Henderson County
Jan 22 Webster County WIN
Jan 23 Calloway County WIN
20. Scott County
Jan 20 Lafayette WIN
Jan 22 Fern Creek WIN
Jan 23 Clay County WIN
Looking over the rankings, I cant agree with Letcher Central being ranked and Breathitt not. Letcher isnt even the best team in their region. With who Breathitt has played, and their schedule has been brutial, I dont think any other team that is ranked would have a better record. If your going by records then so be it, but I think you need to take into account the type of teams that the teams have played.
Letcher will fall out next week more than likley. they lost to perry county central last night
I believe they are somewhat accurate.

I think that Clay Co. is ranked too high as well as Madison Central, Letcher Central and Bullitt East.

Also how can Murray suddenly be at 14 after not being ranked at all in the last poll?

The things I do like are Rockcastle at 5th, Scott Co at 20th, Butler at 16th, and Marion Co. at 1st. The others I may change a little but overall it is pretty good.
I agree with the top 11 maybe not excatly in that order but I think they are the 11 best teams RIGHT NOW. I would have Webster co and Henderson co next. Paul Dunbar and Franklin co would round out my top 15 Becuase they have beat some good teams and thier losses are not to anybody that shouldn't have beat them. Then I would throw 10-15 names in a hat and draw them out to get my final 5 becuase some of the teams haven't really beat anybody Letcher co and Murray come to mind or they lost games they really should not have.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Letcher will fall out next week more than likley. they lost to perry county central last night

I was going to comment about that. I complete my rankings on Tuesday's and whatever happens in the night games doesn't affect the rankings because they are already completed.

Letcher WILL fall out of the rankings next week.
C.Clair Wrote:Looking over the rankings, I cant agree with Letcher Central being ranked and Breathitt not. Letcher isnt even the best team in their region. With who Breathitt has played, and their schedule has been brutial, I dont think any other team that is ranked would have a better record. If your going by records then so be it, but I think you need to take into account the type of teams that the teams have played.

If the difference between Breathitt and Letcher in total wins was a small margin, the case could be made. We are talking about a 16-2 record vs. a 7-6 record! Letcher will fall out of the rankings but teams like Hancock County, Rowan County etc... would probably move in first. BUT a win over Letcher County would go a LONG way in their case for a Top 20 bid.
ryanblue1424 Wrote:I believe they are somewhat accurate.

I think that Clay Co. is ranked too high as well as Madison Central, Letcher Central and Bullitt East.

Also how can Murray suddenly be at 14 after not being ranked at all in the last poll?

The things I do like are Rockcastle at 5th, Scott Co at 20th, Butler at 16th, and Marion Co. at 1st. The others I may change a little but overall it is pretty good.

Madison Central too high? They beat Casey County away, Tates Creek twice, Franklin County, Lexington Christian, Paul Dunbar, (those three games ON THE ROAD)!

Their only loss was to Nelson County in a Mercer County tournament. At that time Nelson County was 8-3.

Bullitt East has lost 2 games. One to Mercy and one to Marion County. Beat
Butler on the road, Webster County on the road, AVENGED THEIR LOSS TO MERCY, and have only lost two games.

Murray's spot is debatable. I may have put them too high but the fact is that they are 17-1 and their only loss is to a Tennessee team. They beat Daviess County who is #1 in the 3rd region. That region has Hancock, Grayson and Ohio County in it. That isn't a pushover region.

What I have tried to do is include teams from all over the state. That is why a team like Murray gets in over Breathitt. We see teams like Breathitt every day, we never see a team like Murray. The fact is that Murray is the ONLY team in KY that has not lost to a KY team. That holds some value. Grant it they have a middle-of-the-pack schedule, but they are 17-0 in the State of Kentucky! Try being 10-0 in your region.

Also, Clay County is probably too high but they have played one of the better schedules of the teams in EKY. Their only signature win is against Breathitt County.
Allow me to say thank you again. These posts REALLY help me out. It is hard to rate the Top 20 teams from all over the state without help.

Thanks again, keep it up. Tell me MORE!

Also, I will be at the Rockcastle County vs. Casey County game on Friday. I am going to try to attend some of the games on the Western side of the state, (Murray, Hancock, Henderson). I want to be correct if I post these teams in the Top 20.
Im just stateing that the teams Breathitt has played are head and shoulders above who LCC is played.
lwc Wrote:Madison Central too high? They beat Casey County away, Tates Creek twice, Franklin County, Lexington Christian, Paul Dunbar, (those three games ON THE ROAD)!

Their only loss was to Nelson County in a Mercer County tournament. At that time Nelson County was 8-3.

Bullitt East has lost 2 games. One to Mercy and one to Marion County. Beat
Butler on the road, Webster County on the road, AVENGED THEIR LOSS TO MERCY, and have only lost two games.

Murray's spot is debatable. I may have put them too high but the fact is that they are 17-1 and their only loss is to a Tennessee team. They beat Daviess County who is #1 in the 3rd region. That region has Hancock, Grayson and Ohio County in it. That isn't a pushover region.

What I have tried to do is include teams from all over the state. That is why a team like Murray gets in over Breathitt. We see teams like Breathitt every day, we never see a team like Murray. The fact is that Murray is the ONLY team in KY that has not lost to a KY team. That holds some value. Grant it they have a middle-of-the-pack schedule, but they are 17-0 in the State of Kentucky! Try being 10-0 in your region.

Also, Clay County is probably too high but they have played one of the better schedules of the teams in EKY. Their only signature win is against Breathitt County.

I'm not saying that Bullitt East and Madison Central are not good, because they are good, but I might move them down a spot or two.

Thanks for the work you put into these rankings :Thumbs:
ryanblue1424 Wrote:I'm not saying that Bullitt East and Madison Central are not good, because they are good, but I might move them down a spot or two.

Thanks for the work you put into these rankings :Thumbs:

okay, thanks.
Check the top of this page. The results have been added to the rankings.
Where is Lexington Christian?
where are the new rankings