Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Allen Central vs. Prestonsburg 1/22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts and predictions?
Should be a good game, but I don't see anyone stopping Michael Burchett.

Prestonsburg wins by 8.
I think chris stumbo can stop him he is very strong and can guard
allen central rebels Wrote:I think chris stumbo can stop him he is very strong and can guard

We'll have to see.

Burchett does a great job at drawing contact so if Stumbo is the only one who can body up with him then it will hurt AC late.
Looks like another big game in the Floyd County Conference. Winner puts themselves in a good position early for a good seeding yet, agree with earlier posts the 58th is up for grabs.
true,AC has defenders i mean there not as strong but there qucik
This will be a good game, but I say Prestonsburg will come away with a win!
I think if Prestonsburg plays the way the have been the last few games they will win by +10.

Does anyone know who starts for A.C. beside Jackson and Stumbo.

I agree with Blackcat Alum, I don't see anyone stopping Burchett. He had 19 against Lexington Catholic and I would say they can defend pretty well. I think Tincher finally has his legs under him. He had a 4 for 4 night against Harlan Co. 2 3pt and 2 2pt. The Freshman Bryson Williams is shooting the ball great right now from the outside, so there no longer a one man team. Obviously Burchett is going to carry the load because he is there best player, but the other guys are starting to feel comfortable with their roles and playing much better. If P-burg can take of next two games on the road in the District, they should have a leg up on the Conference champion playing the last three district games at home.

Should be a good one tomorrow night!
Blackcats2954 Wrote:I think if Prestonsburg plays the way the have been the last few games they will win by +10.

I agree with Blackcat Alum, I don't see anyone stopping Burchett. He had 19 against Lexington Catholic and I would say they can defend pretty well. I think Tincher finally has his legs under him. He had a 4 for 4 night against Harlan Co. 2 3pt and 2 2pt. The Freshman Bryson Williams is shooting the ball great right now from the outside, so there no longer a one man team. Obviously Burchett is going to carry the load because he is there best player, but the other guys are starting to feel comfortable with their roles and playing much better. If P-burg can take of next two games on the road in the District, they should have a leg up on the Conference champion playing the last three district games at home.

Burchett is a good kid and good player, both on the field and court. But, to LC's defense of the 19pts. Like 12 out of 15 of LC's players scored. They won by around 30.

Don't get me wrong, I think Burchett is a fine player. One of the tops in the 15th region.

So by no means, take this as a bash/jab at Michael. I would like give him congrats him on a stellar high school athletic career thus far and wish him good luck in the future.
I believe Pburg comes away with this one by around 8 points.
Prestonsburg by 5
Burchett is a very good player, strong with the ball when he goes to the goal, should be a good game to watch.
Blackcats2954 Wrote:I think if Prestonsburg plays the way the have been the last few games they will win by +10.

Not 100% sure but I think Harlow, Jarrell & Tackett all start.
uhavenoidea Wrote:Burchett is a good kid and good player, both on the field and court. But, to LC's defense of the 19pts. Like 12 out of 15 of LC's players scored. They won by around 30.

Don't get me wrong, I think Burchett is a fine player. One of the tops in the 15th region.

So by no means, take this as a bash/jab at Michael. I would like give him congrats him on a stellar high school athletic career thus far and wish him good luck in the future.

Burchett has put up some impressive stats on no matter who he plays. Whether they win by 30 or lose by 30, he has some impressive stats either way.

He is the best player in the district and is carrying his entire team on his back.
IMO when Burchett plays well P-Burg has a shot at winning most games.
Sometimes kids go thru that have done alot for the county reputation not only for their school but the area as a whole. Michael Burchett has been one of these and so has Chris Stumbo. They go out and play no matter what is ahead of them and never complain. Both are pretty good players, great students and really excel at everything they do. These are kids that you hate to see graduate and leave of course if you happen to coach against them it doesn't come quick enough. Good luck to both.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Burchett has put up some impressive stats on no matter who he plays. Whether they win by 30 or lose by 30, he has some impressive stats either way.

He is the best player in the district and is carrying his entire team on his back.

Burchett is a great player, no doubt. But, he truly isn't the best player in the district, he has played well as of late though.

I wouldn't say impressive stats, but there not so bad either.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...ts_31176_0
uhavenoidea Wrote:Burchett is a great player, no doubt. But, he truly isn't the best player in the district, he has played well as of late though.

I wouldn't say impressive stats, but there not so bad either.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...ts_31176_0

Michael truly has led his team. But, it's because he has to.

But, we can't determine someone the best player just because they have to carry a team. No one in the district is a Top 5 team in the region right now, so I just dont see how you can consider him carrying the team, when they've only won 1 game. Not Bashing the Blackcats, but that isn't exactly carrying a team.
One win doesn't really matter much if you win your District games. Prestonsburg has played the hardest schedule of anyone in the 15th Region, and that includes Shelby Valley. They could have paded their schedule and had a great record, instead they played tuff teams to get ready for the games that count.
Did you see the game? LC's bench would beat every team in this Region by 20 except for Valley. They had a 6'8" kid that came of the bench. P-burg also subbed late in the game. Burchett scored most of his points against LC's starters.
Did you see the game? LC's bench would beat every team in this Region by 20 except for Valley. They had a 6'8" kid that came of the bench. P-burg also subbed late in the game. Burchett scored most of his points against LC's starters.
Blackcats2954 Wrote:One win doesn't really matter much if you win your District games. Prestonsburg has played the hardest schedule of anyone in the 15th Region, and that includes Shelby Valley. They could have paded their schedule and had a great record, instead they played tuff teams to get ready for the games that count.

Your right only district matters.

Right now, P-burg is 0-1. But, the conference is up for grabs.

They could very well be 1-1 after tonight, which would put them in 2nd place, behind the winner of the SF vs. BL game tonight.

As of right now.

SF 1-1
BL 2-1
AC 1-1
P-Burg 0-1

After tonight, it could possibly be.

1. SF(2-1)/BL(2-1)/AC(2-1)
2. P-Burg 1-1
3. BL 1-2
4. AC 1-2/P-Burg(0-2)

Depending on who wins in those two games. Thats why the games are played. So always expect the unexpected.
this is bls fourth confrence game so after tonite it will be 3-1 bl
uhavenoidea,

We had this same discussion in the preseason where most said Michael Burchett was the best player in the district, but only you disagreed and wouldn't even say who was the best player and I'll assume that you would do the same now as well. He's a natural born leader and has achieved more than anyone else in the district on and off the playing surface. That's not a knock against anyone else in the district, but its true. I just don't see how you can disagree with him being the best player in the district when most in the region would select him as a top 5 player in the 15th. Where no one else would pick another 58th player that high and probably not in the top 10.