Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Interviews at Madison Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
When will the interviews begin?
Who needs interviews, Coach Halcomb from Breathitt County has this job in the bag. He definitely has the resume for it, he would be a great hire and I know he wants out of Breathitt. Would be great for the school and the program. Best man for the job.
Bert Brown is going to be interviewed on Wednesday. I think he is going to end up with this job.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Who needs interviews, Coach Halcomb from Breathitt County has this job in the bag. He definitely has the resume for it, he would be a great hire and I know he wants out of Breathitt. Would be great for the school and the program. Best man for the job.

why does he want out of Breathitt???
JMEWLS Wrote:Bert Brown is going to be interviewed on Wednesday. I think he is going to end up with this job.
Not so fast my friend. I hear that are a couple thorns interviewing ie. Johnny Hines from Pulaski Co and one other unamed candidate. I think Bert has run a campaign for the job but I think the sup wants out of the good ol' boy stuff from what I am hearing. That is the reason Kenny Turner had problems. It wasnt his coaching ability, it was the good ol' boy stuff that caused problems. I hope they go with an outsider that comes in and changes the mind set from good ol' boy to what is right for the kids.
STATE CHAMP Wrote:I think Bert has run a campaign for the job but I think the sup wants out of the good ol' boy stuff from what I am hearing. That is the reason Kenny Turner had problems. It wasnt his coaching ability, it was the good ol' boy stuff that caused problems. I hope they go with an outsider that comes in and changes the mind set from good ol' boy to what is right for the kids.

I'm sorry, but Kenny Turner is about as far from the Madison County good ole boy stuff as you can get.
Bert Browne is a PROFESSIONAL plain and simple. He sure as **** isnt into the good ole boy mindset.

Mike Halcomb isnt going to leave Breathitt County. He is to old to have to work for a living again. Why not make a fortune just coaching football like he does in Jackson. He is a legend in Jackson. He will retire there.
If Browne gets this job MC will continue to decline. A school with the resouces of MC better go out and get a "real coach." Not a great coach in his own mind.
"Good ole boy" plain and simple! No other explanation with those resources.
I sense a little jeolousy here from Bobcat Dad and Xerxes. Theres nothing wrong with thinking you are good. You guys should try to coach football in Perry County. Its a comedy. Browne took guys with hardly any football skills and won a lot a games. Beat big bad Breathitt County this year at Breathitt. Would of beaten Hazard as well if they hadnt whimped out on Perry.
warmachine Wrote:I sense a little jeolousy here from Bobcat Dad and Xerxes. Theres nothing wrong with thinking you are good. You guys should try to coach football in Perry County. Its a comedy. Browne took guys with hardly any football skills and won a lot a games. Beat big bad Breathitt County this year at Breathitt. Would of beaten Hazard as well if they hadnt whimped out on Perry.

Maybe you could be his successor if he actually gets the MC job, looks like you learned how to BS just as good as him! :popcorn:
He did do a good job with what he had and beat some good teams, will give him credit for that.
warmachine Wrote:I sense a little jeolousy here from Bobcat Dad and Xerxes. Theres nothing wrong with thinking you are good. You guys should try to coach football in Perry County. Its a comedy. Browne took guys with hardly any football skills and won a lot a games. Beat big bad Breathitt County this year at Breathitt. Would of beaten Hazard as well if they hadnt whimped out on Perry.

Why would I be jealous of someone that has accomplished what exactly? Big bad Breathit as you said was exactly that this year BAD! PCC has beat nobody since Browne has been in town.

No Jeolousy...I just expected more form MC.
Why dont you be his successor since they taught you so much about the game of football at ALC. Browne is your daddy and you know it Guru.
warmachine Wrote:Why dont you be his successor.

I'll have to pass, Who do you think will be a good hire for PCC? Will be interesting to see who (if Browne leaves) gets to take over.
It has already been offered to someone yesterday. People in charge don't care if he leaves.
Xerxes Wrote:It has already been offered to someone yesterday. People in charge don't care if he leaves.

I get that impression, they don't seem to care too much if he goes!
well tell us who it was offered too? Don't hold out on us, enquiring minds want to know! :popcorn:
Wait to see if he leaves. (hint)This coach will be bringing a QB with him.
Xerxes Wrote:Wait to see if he leaves. (hint)This coach will be bringing a QB with him.

i have no clue but would like to know
Xerxes Wrote:Wait to see if he leaves. (hint)This coach will be bringing a QB with him.

Would that person be from Knott County? Maybe Coach Beeder? Just a guess.:nfc:
No Beader will be at LCC next year with Whitaker as Def. coach.
well who is it???
If PCC's coach leaves wed. or thurs. I will tell who I.C. emailed earlier this week and offered.
would it be Mike Holcomb and bring Richard Trent with him???
Holcomb will never leave Breathitt to come to a 5A school, a QB would help this team though, losing Amis is going to be a big hit.
Not Holcomb. I would venture a guess and say it is somone that Coaches down next to the border @ a city school.
I heard Caoch Cobb is still interested in getting a job, would he come back here? Or is he interested in going to Knott after Beader gets out of their and moves on as someones assistant.
William Muney Wrote:Not Holcomb. I would venture a guess and say it is somone that Coaches down next to the border @ a city school.

A man that knows!!!!
He must not know much if he is coming to Perry County "Basketball Heaven" to coach Football. Its a NO WIN situation. Football is second fiddle in Perry County. Always will be until funds are put forth into a football stadium and a nice weight lifting facility. You cant compete in 5A football in a Wabaco Christian Academy field and weightroom/lockroom.
He knows who has been offered.
Pages: 1 2 3