Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyd Co. 72 Russell 59 (8th grade)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great wins by both the 7th and 8th grades. Very poor officating in both games. 7th came from way behind to win. 8th grade won in double overtime. Both Boyd and Russell played very hard and should be very proud of themselves.
I was at this game. I wasn`t involved with either team. Just scouting for down the road. I thought the officiating was fine. Maybe even a little better than you would expect at the middle school level.
Now SPORTSMANSHIP...........that was a very POOR spot last night. Funny how ADULTS including school personnell and public workers in the communities can be at a MIDDLE SCHOOL basketball game and lose complete control of their emotions and actions and STILL find the ability to place blame on the officials. Wow......Now that`s really teaching our children a lesson in life
KSCTU Wrote:I was at this game. I wasn`t involved with either team. Just scouting for down the road. I thought the officiating was fine. Maybe even a little better than you would expect at the middle school level.
Now SPORTSMANSHIP...........that was a very POOR spot last night. Funny how ADULTS including school personnell and public workers in the communities can be at a MIDDLE SCHOOL basketball game and lose complete control of their emotions and actions and STILL find the ability to place blame on the officials. Wow......Now that`s really teaching our children a lesson in life

Wow you must have zero standards for officials.
I dont see that the officals were good at all. In the 6th grade game Boyd's fouls more than doubled Russell's, at half time of the 7th grade game the fouls were around 16 for Boyd and around 4 for Russell, I dont know what it ended up being, (there was a high school offical there and I heard he talked to one of the officals at half and the foul calls seemed to get a little more even. And in the 8th grade game they might not have been in favor one way or another but I think by the time the 8th played the officals were so ready to get out of there that they just let anything go. It got very, very rough and at times to the point that someone could have gotten hurt. So I dont know what game you watched but I saw it very differently. As far as what happened after the game I agree it was a bad ending to a great game. Both teams played very hard.