Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 73 - Pikeville 48
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shelby Valley heads back to Richmond.
Nice Win!!
Does anyone know when the state games will be played??
Congrats SV, make everyone proud at State!:yikes:
Silent Storm 69 Wrote:Nice Win!!
Does anyone know when the state games will be played??

@ EKU's McBrayer Arena in Richmond.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:@ EKU's McBrayer Arena in Richmond.
Way to answer the question lol
Valley plays next Thursday night at 8pm.
I think Pikeville played pretty well, the lead was 9 twice in the 2nd half. Then Valley went on a run. It's just very hard to beat them. We have the opportunity to try and upset them 3 more times, let's try to get it done.
Panther Thunder;937238[B Wrote:]I think Pikeville played pretty well[/B], the lead was 9 twice in the 2nd half. Then Valley went on a run. It's just very hard to beat them. We have the opportunity to try and upset them 3 more times, let's try to get it done.

I don't see Pikeville getting within 20 at the final tick of the clock in any of the games.
anybody kno what region plays who
NYY10 Wrote:anybody kno what region plays who

http://www.allaclassic.org/State%20Brack...ackets.pdf
BlackcatAlum Wrote:@ EKU's McBrayer Arena in Richmond.

Thanks lol
but i was talking about like what days the team play.
I go to eastern and was woundering what days so i could go to a few
If you look at the stats of this game you would be surprised at the lack of support, scoring wise, from most of the SV team that has been scoring lately,I think Tyler Newsome was the only other Wildcat in double figures, so that means Elisha Justice with his 31 just dominated the game and I think had 9 assists and I don't know how many steals. So, the game went about as the same as most people figured. Pikeville never game up and played hard the entire game, too much Elisha.
dortonite Wrote:If you look at the stats of this game you would be surprised at the lack of support, scoring wise, from most of the SV team that has been scoring lately,I think Tyler Newsome was the only other Wildcat in double figures, so that means Elisha Justice with his 31 just dominated the game and I think had 9 assists and I don't know how many steals. So, the game went about as the same as most people figured. Pikeville never game up and played hard the entire game, too much Elisha.

Seemed like Ramey scored a lot.
Anyone know how many more steals Elisha needs to break the state record?
Panther Thunder Wrote:I think Pikeville played pretty well, the lead was 9 twice in the 2nd half. Then Valley went on a run. It's just very hard to beat them. We have the opportunity to try and upset them 3 more times, let's try to get it done.
now this is funny!
dortonite Wrote:If you look at the stats of this game you would be surprised at the lack of support, scoring wise, from most of the SV team that has been scoring lately,I think Tyler Newsome was the only other Wildcat in double figures, so that means Elisha Justice with his 31 just dominated the game and I think had 9 assists and I don't know how many steals. So, the game went about as the same as most people figured. Pikeville never game up and played hard the entire game, too much Elisha.
Elisha had 31 points,9 assists,6 rebounds,and 6 steals that i know of for sure.
Already saw this one coming! Congrats to the Wildcats!
Good game Shelby Valley! This went about the way I expected it to, Pikeville played hard but simply had no answer for Elisha Justice. SV built the lead to as much as 17 in the first half, but two Panther 3-pointers cut the halftime lead to 11. However, after Pikeville had trimmed the lead to 9 early in the third, Valley went on a 15-0 run that pushed the lead out to 24, and that was the ballgame.

Any word on how Ashley Hatfield was doing? Sounded on the radio like he took a nasty spill to the floor, radio guys said he didn't get up for a couple minutes.
More Cowbell Wrote:Good game Shelby Valley! This went about the way I expected it to, Pikeville played hard but simply had no answer for Elisha Justice. SV built the lead to as much as 17 in the first half, but two Panther 3-pointers cut the halftime lead to 11. However, after Pikeville had trimmed the lead to 9 early in the third, Valley went on a 15-0 run that pushed the lead out to 24, and that was the ballgame.

Any word on how Ashley Hatfield was doing? Sounded on the radio like he took a nasty spill to the floor, radio guys said he didn't get up for a couple minutes.

The lead was 28, Hatfield shouldn't have been in and this injury shouldn't have happened. The ball handler pump faked, Hatfield bit it and jumped to block the shot, seemed like the players head hit Hatfield somewhere as he was coming down. Hatfield walked off and put ice on his back. Shouldn't be too bad.
congrats valley.
Great game by Valeys Mr. Basketball canidate. Elisha had an impressive statline. Good luck down in Richmond guys!!! Good effort by the Panthers!
Seems like Ashley will be ready for the Christian County game. I would rest him for the Phelps game and play him on friday for the big one. At this point he will get his reps in practice so he should have all of the kinks worked out by then.
Shelby Valley 73 Pikeville 48

Shelby Valley 17 19 22 15 73

Pikeville 6 19 11 12 48

15th region "All A" championship at East Kentucky Expo Center
Shelby Valley (13-2) -- Justice 31, Hatfield 7, Ta. Newsome 4, Ty. Newsome 11, Varney 4, Robinson 2, Ramey 9, Tackett 2, Roberts 3.
Pikeville (12-5) -- Burchett 2, Evans 3, Keene 4, Cecil 7, Rowe 13, Clark 10, Tackett 2, Branham 6, Ratliff 1.
Not for sure but William Shearer of Wayne County has the record with 499 ('92-'95). No doubt Mr. Wildcat is close.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I think Pikeville played pretty well, the lead was 9 twice in the 2nd half. Then Valley went on a run. It's just very hard to beat them. We have the opportunity to try and upset them 3 more times, let's try to get it done.

Would be hard to do, but would love to see the Panthers be the ones to do it. Congrats to the Wildcats.
Lookin good wildcats! Keep it comin...
:notworthy
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Anyone know how many more steals Elisha needs to break the state record?

I'm not sure of Elisha's numbers but the current record stands at 499 steals in a career. It has been held by William Shearer (Wayne County) 1992-95. This came from khsaa.org.

It doesn't even have Elisha in the rankings, but he is listed as a record holder for a single season.

Steals - Career (Min.300)
# Player (School) Year

499 William Shearer (Wayne County) 1992-95
473 Patrick Harris (Ky. School f/t Deaf) 1992-96
413 Michael Jones (Harlan) 1989-94
409 Patrick Sparks (Muhlenberg North) 1998-01
390 Brandon Stockton (Glasgow) 1999-02
386 Charles Thomas (Harlan) 1990-95
383 LeMar Northington (Trigg County) 1995-99
357 Brian Miles (Bullitt East) 1994-97
352 David McFarland (Boone County) 2001-05
346 Lenny Bays (Bellevue) 1995-98
340 Bryan Turnage (Henry Clay) 2001-05
309 Kyle Jones (Harlan) 1994-99

Steals - Season (Min. 120)
# Player (School) Year

173 Terrance Britt (Fern Creek) 2006
162 Travis Barber (Caverna) 1996
162 William Shearer (Wayne County) 1994
145 Kevin Bridgewaters (Adair County) 2002
141 Brandon Brown (Shelby County) 2000
133 Elisha Justice (Shelby Valley) 2007
129 Corey Bullock (West Jessamine) 2000
124 Patrick Harris (Ky. School f/t Deaf) 1996
122 LeMar Northington (Trigg County) 1998
122 Tony Hargett (Augusta) 1997
122 LeMar Northington (Trigg County) 1997
121 Charles Thomas (Harlan) 1993
121 Lenny Bays (Bellevue) 1998
120 Bryan Turnage (Henry Clay) 2005
Congrats Valley
Big Five-0- Wrote:Would be hard to do, but would love to see the Panthers be the ones to do it. Congrats to the Wildcats.

You got to have a game plan that's not been scouted and analyzed. The coach needs to know how to adapt to the changes of his opponents.
Thats not going to happen at Pikeville