Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cavs trading Ilgauskas for Hornets' West?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There is just one month to go before the NBA trading deadline so all sorts of scenarios will be popping up in the next few weeks. The current rumor is that the Cleveland Cavaliers would like to send Lithuanian center Zydrunas Ilgauskas (and his expiring $11.5 million contract) to the New Orleans Hornets for 29-year-old 6'9" power forward David West, according to Morning Journal.

The Hornets apparently want to avoid paying the luxury tax and it could apparently buy out Ilgauskas and waive him so he could return to Cleveland 30 days later.

West is due $9.1 million this season and $8.3 million next year. He's then got a $7.5 million player option for 2011-12.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/...nba,214163
How old is Ilgauskus, I think Cavs would be getting the better part of the trade here.
Sounds like a great trade for the Cavs.
Cavs coming out good in this trade..Lebron, shaq, Mo, and west'S
Looks like the Cavs are trying to make their push for the NBA title...NOW.

Picking up contracts like West, Shaq, etc... Looks like they don't believe they will have Lebron for very long.
I love this, West, former Xavier grad, is a rising suerstar. He will fit perfectly with the Cavs. This frees the middle for Shaq
cavs would indeed get the better of the day
Cavs fans are eating this up like its going to bring u a title huh?
if the cavs could work a deal to trade mo williams(not saying he is not good or anything) for chris paul..i would beat the house, car, and children that they would win
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Cavs fans are eating this up like its going to bring u a title huh?

Maybe a Pacer fan or 2, may think it helps them out, somehow.

Lakers got Gasol and they won a title the next season. And they traded Ariza to get Artest this season.
Cavs better look to trade for Garnett, Kobe, Wade or Howard, because after this season they will no longer have Lebron......
Stardust Wrote:Cavs better look to trade for Garnett, Kobe, Wade or Howard, because after this season they will no longer have Lebron......
It does'nt matter about next season. Because this season isn't over yet. But i think David West will be a perfect fit in Cleveland. He's a great player and he works hard every night.
mister... basketball Wrote:It does'nt matter about next season. Because this season isn't over yet. But i think David West will be a perfect fit in Cleveland. He's a great player and he works hard every night.

I have been trying to think of how many mid-season trades have resulted in success? Seems to me that flow and system will be the biggest obstacles to make a trade in January work it's best in June.

I like David West a lot. I saw a lot of him during his college career at Xavier. He will be a great addition, but it's not as simple as just plugging a new guy into a system and expecting it to work immediately.
uhavenoidea Wrote:Maybe a Pacer fan or 2, may think it helps them out, somehow.

Lakers got Gasol and they won a title the next season. And they traded Ariza to get Artest this season.

Haven't Been Able To Cheer For The Pacers Since O'neal And Miller. On the other hand, West is no Gasol.
I like big z but he is getting older so the cavs win in this deal
When there is only a game or two difference in the best team and the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the NBA, a player like David West COULD make a difference.
This looks like an excellent trade for the Cavs! David West is one of my favorite players and would be a great addition to Cleveland!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Haven't Been Able To Cheer For The Pacers Since O'neal And Miller. On the other hand, West is no Gasol.

Why not cheer for he pacers?? are yo one of them Front runners that Startdust talks about lol
they get west. they get a title. JMO.