Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 8th Region All "A" Classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is the schedule:

(All games are played at Walton-Verona)

1/18

Owen County vs. Gallatin County 7:30 PM

1/19

Williamstown vs. Eminence 6:00 PM
Walton-Verona vs. Carroll County 7:30 PM

1/21

Trimble County vs. Gallatin/Owen Winner 7:00 PM

1/22

Willamstown/Eminence Winner vs. Walton-Verona/Carroll Co. Winner 7:00 PM

1/23

Championship 7:00 PM

What are your thoughts on the 8th Region All "A" Classic?
According to the All A website (http://www.allaclassic.org/Boys%20Bracke...ackets.pdf) they have a different schedule, which is correct.

They have the games starting on Tuesday 1/19.

Championship game should come down to Gallatin County/ Walton Verona. Which Walton team shows up, they have been the talent but they just have not started clicking as a unit. Gallatin County will be a tough out, fundamentally sound & great coaching.
I will take Owen Co and Walton in the Final, with Owen getting the heavy hardware.
Owen is peaking, while Gallatin is not.
The best 2 teams are Owen and Gallatin, but for some reason, I think Carroll County has a good chance.
Final from yesterday:

Gallatin County 59 - Owen County 53

Upcoming Games:

1/19

Williamstown vs. Eminence 6:00 PM
Walton-Verona vs. Carroll County 7:30 PM

1/21

Trimble County vs. Gallatin County 7:00 PM

1/22

Willamstown/Eminence Winner vs. Walton-Verona/Carroll Co. Winner 7:00 PM

1/23

Championship 7:00 PM
Old Henry Man Wrote:I will take Owen Co and Walton in the Final, with Owen getting the heavy hardware.
Owen is peaking, while Gallatin is not.
The best 2 teams are Owen and Gallatin, but for some reason, I think Carroll County has a good chance.

Well since Owen lost, I think Gallatin Co. will bring home the championship.
I agree with you Ryan, some teams rise to the top at tourney time, and Gallatin appears to be one of them.
Results from 1/19:

Williamstown 45 - Eminence 36
Walton-Verona 66 - Carroll County 58

Upcoming Games:

1/21

Trimble County vs. Gallatin County 7:00 PM

1/22

Williamstown vs. Walton-Verona 7:00 PM

1/23

Trimble/Gallatin Winner vs. Williamstown/Walton-Verona Winner 7:00 PM
Looks like the first prediction of a Gallatin - Walton Verona final is still intact. How do you guys think such a game would play out?

BTW, it's good to see you guys from the 8th region on BGR! Let us staff members know if you need anything.
I think Gallatin should be able to beat Walton-Verona. I believe Gallatin beat them 72-53 earlier in the season at Walton-Verona, where the tournament is held.

It might be closer than 19 points though, since Gallatin hasn't been playing too well lately.
Gallatin Co. 53 Trimble Co. 27

Final from Walton Verona 8th region class "A"