Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell Celebrates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On newschannel 3, it showed the celebration of the long awaited state win of the Russell Red Devils ( after a 27 year dry spell ) .. As a result of this, Coach McGlone did say he was NOT going to retire, and the mayor of Flatwoods, the city outside of Russell, gave Coach a key to the city...
Great coaching needs great recognition..
The players was hopeful on a repeat for next year..
All devil fans can be hopeful too Wink
He said that had it not been for his support staff that he would have given it up 4-5 years ago. I think as long as his and his wife's health hold out you will see him pacing the sidelines at Ivan McGlone field.
You guys have a very good one up there! I think Russell and Belfry are in the same boat! We all know that a good thing will come to an end soon! I hope that we can get 4 or 5 more from Haywood! This community as well as Russell's community love their coach!
I loved him when I was there at the school and more now for how long he has been on this.. My mom is 50 this year, and McGlone was coach when she was in school.. That is total commentment lol.. Hes a great one tho !
Mcglone is a icon no doubt and the fact that he is not going to retire thrills me
me too.. when I was in school he was also teaching as well as coaching... you all know if he is just a coach now or teaching also ??
Red Devilette Wrote:me too.. when I was in school he was also teaching as well as coaching... you all know if he is just a coach now or teaching also ??

Yep he's still doing both. Although I believe that he would rather just coach and retire from teaching if they would let him.
yah I would believe so too.. But thats awesome he is still doin both