Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Owsley County 56 Lee County 43
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Owsley wins a seeded game. They're now 2-1 in district play.
Where is the district held at this year? Very sloppy game by Lee. However Lee looked to be very young at some spots. Very disappointed in Pittman, I don't believe he attempted a free throw tonight. Both teams played a lot of zone and no one looked to attack.
KoJack Wrote:Where is the district held at this year? Very sloppy game by Lee. However Lee looked to be very young at some spots. Very disappointed in Pittman, I don't believe he attempted a free throw tonight. Both teams played a lot of zone and no one looked to attack.
Peters for Owsley got into it with the coach left the floor in the third quarter got dressed and left the gym. Can anyone confirm whether or not he quit?
Looks like this may give Powell the advantage of having the 1 seed in this district so far, with Lee/Owsley the 2 and 3. Lee is starting two freshman to go along with Pittman, they need to find a way to get it inside to Pittman when the 3's aren't falling. They will be fine, they are still learning. Looks like Evans had another big shooting game, when he is on he's a tough player.
Pittman is suffering a shoulder injury atm and yes it was a sloppy game and both teams played hard. The district tourney is at Lee this year as well. I think Lee has a long way to go but i believe they can only get better. evans did shoot well and he played a great game.
Peters had some emotionial issues but he is still on the team. So please don;t get your hopes up. Owsley is starting to play much better and don;t forget Powell still has to come to Owsley. They have nothing lock up yet.
Owsley will probably beat Powell at Owsley, but the big game will be the next one between Lee/Powell that will be the deciding game I would say. If Powell can knock Lee off they will take the 1 seed into the tourney, with Lee/Owsley having to play the first round. Tough break for them.
speedy socks Wrote:Peters had some emotionial issues but he is still on the team. So please don;t get your hopes up. Owsley is starting to play much better and don;t forget Powell still has to come to Owsley. They have nothing lock up yet.

He yelled at both coaches then walked off the floor. I'm sorry but if I was the coach that would've been the straw that broke the camels back. How could you let a disease like that stay on the team?
Express Wrote:Peters for Owsley got into it with the coach left the floor in the third quarter got dressed and left the gym. Can anyone confirm whether or not he quit?
The coach took him out for taking a couple of wild shots, he sat on the bench for a minute or so, and then stormed off into the dressing room. A few minutes later he has on his street clothes and is heading out of the gym.

I can't figure these young people out anymore. It's 6 weeks until the district tournament, in his senior year of school, and he walks out on his teammates and coaches because he's taken out of the game for doing something the coach wasn't happy about. Heck, half of UK's team would have quit by now if they had that same kind of thinking.
Lee starts 3 freshmen and has only one senior. I believe that Owsley starts 5 seniors and will graduate a total of 9 seniors this year. The Owls should be the strongest team in the 56th.

Pittman is adjusting to being the post instead of a forward and Lee almost has to get 20+ points from Wise to spread the defense a little bit.
speedy socks Wrote:Peters had some emotionial issues but he is still on the team. So please don;t get your hopes up. Owsley is starting to play much better and don;t forget Powell still has to come to Owsley. They have nothing lock up yet.
Not hoping a young man threw his senior year away just asking for more info. Sorry if I offended you.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Looks like this may give Powell the advantage of having the 1 seed in this district so far, with Lee/Owsley the 2 and 3. Lee is starting two freshman to go along with Pittman, they need to find a way to get it inside to Pittman when the 3's aren't falling. They will be fine, they are still learning. Looks like Evans had another big shooting game, when he is on he's a tough player.

Yes, very good point! Lee Co since they are so very young these on here have never played together and most of them are sophomores and freshmen. So not including Pittman and Wise the rest are still learning the system as well as coach Wrights plays. If they could start feeding post more and improve on it it would work wonders because if I'm not mistaken Donte is the tallest player in the 56th District so he wouldn't have much trouble scoring over his defenders.
The problem with getting it to the post is having someone who can get the ball in there. That's probably where Lee Co. is struggling. Pittman is a good player that can elevate. My only question, is he strong enough to bang inside once he gets it.

As for the play at Owsley Co. that walked off the court during the game; I feel all kids deserve a second chance. If this is the first time he's done something like this, teach him a lesson and let him stay on the team. If this is the second time he's done something like this, I'd part ways with him.
KoJack Wrote:He yelled at both coaches then walked off the floor. I'm sorry but if I was the coach that would've been the straw that broke the camels back. How could you let a disease like that stay on the team?

:dontthink I agree that the student should not have bailed on his team or his coaches, however calling a kid a disease is a bit harsh.
goodguy Wrote:The problem with getting it to the post is having someone who can get the ball in there. That's probably where Lee Co. is struggling. Pittman is a good player that can elevate. My only question, is he strong enough to bang inside once he gets it.

As for the play at Owsley Co. that walked off the court during the game; I feel all kids deserve a second chance. If this is the first time he's done something like this, teach him a lesson and let him stay on the team. If this is the second time he's done something like this, I'd part ways with him.

Another good point, I totally agree with you. The only one that has the experience, talent, and knowledge to feed the post is Wise but he is usually covered pretty well defensively. But, I think come Tourney time Danny Wright will have it pounded into their head on how to feed the post.
Lucky7 Wrote::dontthink I agree that the student should not have bailed on his team or his coaches, however calling a kid a disease is a bit harsh.

Maybe disease would be a harsh word. Just saying if I was the coach the kid would not have seen a minute of action in the next game and possibly would've lost his senior season. Apparently though he played against Leslie so all is fine in Owl country.
Look I am pretty closes to the situation and trust me no one in this world knows Peters any bette than Coach Davidson. Marcus has emotionial issues and sometimes a very hard time dealing with them thecoach realized that peters had reached all he could handle and asked him to leave. This was a sitaution that you would need to be close to for you to really know.
speedy socks Wrote:Look I am pretty closes to the situation and trust me no one in this world knows Peters any bette than Coach Davidson. Marcus has emotionial issues and sometimes a very hard time dealing with them thecoach realized that peters had reached all he could handle and asked him to leave. This was a sitaution that you would need to be close to for you to really know.

Whats up with the emotional issues with players on Owsley? Zack Taylor had emotional issues too!
Everyone has speculated about what happened during the Lee/Owsley game with Marcus and it wasn't as bad as it seemed. Marcus was having a bad night before the ballgame and when he shot a wild shot, Coach Davidson was repremanding him. Marcus was upset and Coach Davidson told him to go to the dressing room, dress and go home for the night. He did not quit and Mr. Davidson did not kick him off the team. I can see how this event could have looked bad from the crowds perspective, but I can assure that this version is what happened during this game. I think Marcus is a good basketball player and has a good future ahead of him, if he stays focused. I also think the coaching staff from Owsley County does a great job with the players. Thank you Coach Davidson and staff for all your time, caring, and patience.