Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: All "A" Question?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do they determined the teams for the all A tornament. i know its for small schools, but is it just for one A schools. Somerset and Sheldon Clark both play in the all A and both are three A in football. im a little confused can some one clear this up.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:How do they determined the teams for the all A tornament. i know its for small schools, but is it just for one A schools. Somerset and Sheldon Clark both play in the all A and both are three A in football. im a little confused can some one clear this up.

Don't know about Somerset but SC is not playing in the all A this year.
justabballfan Wrote:Don't know about Somerset but SC is not playing in the all A this year.

l got ya. i think they did last year.
It's all about money. Touchstone runs the tourney and will allow more teams in so they make more money. Shouldn't be called All A anymore. The small A schools are being squeezed out by the bigger schools.
Would agree....
I think you have to meet a certain total enrollment size. Whitesburg back in the day was in the All A!
Statmaster Wrote:It's all about money. Touchstone runs the tourney and will allow more teams in so they make more money. Shouldn't be called All A anymore. The small A schools are being squeezed out by the bigger schools.

Correct.
There are 6 classes in football. each class 2a-6a has 36 teams determined by enrollment biggest 36 schools play 6a next 36 play 5a and so on until those 5 classes are filled, all other schools are 1a. The schools in the all A Basket ball classic use to have an enrollment of 570 or under. I'm not positive if that is the case now or not.
Touchstone say's in their 2009 bball program that the 125 of the smallest school's are the one's that play. This is done by the enrollment for grade's 9-12 as verified by Ky Department of Ed. as of Oct.1st of each year. In last year's sweet 16 boy's Calvary Christian-164 was the lowest, Henry Co.-667 was the highest. On the girl's side June Buchanan-86 lowest, Sheldon Clark-658. If you use the #570, boy's had 12 under and 4 over. The girl's was 13 under and 3 over.
Like I said it at one time they had a magic number now I guess it is the the smallest 125 schools. I was mostly trying to point out that a school could be in one class in a sport and a different class in another sport.