Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trinity (Lou.) vs. Jeffersontown 1/15 (LIT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Game time is 5:00 pm on Friday at Bellarmine.

Looking for the 800th win in program history, Trinity faces Jeffersontown in the quarterfinals of the 2010 Republic Bank/ Coca-Cola/ Louisville Invitational at Bellarmine’s Knights Hall. It marks the fifth quarterfinals appearance in program history for the Shamrocks.
This is the 63rd year for the Louisville Invitational Tournament, the nation’s oldest invitational tournament.
Trinity is hoping to claim its third in-season tournament title of the season this week. The Shamrocks have already won titles at the 2009 Canfield Development King of the Bluegrass and 2009 Republic Bank Holiday Classic. In 2004-2005, Trinity reached the finals of the King of the Bluegrass, Republic Bank Holiday Classic (know as Fifth Third Bank Classic at the time) and Louisville Invitational Tournament. The Rocks claimed two of the three tournaments that season.
Senior Josh Sewell has established himself as the leading candidate for the Mr. Basketball award in the state of Kentucky. He has been named the Most Valuable Player of the Canfield Development King of the Bluegrass and Republic Bank Holiday Classic this season, becoming only the second player (Chris Lofton) to win both of the awards over the course of their playing careers.
A win tonight would set up either an early morning rematch with district rival Ballard or a contest with sixth region power PRP. The Rocks and Bruins battled to a 56-53 decision in favor of Ballard on Dec. 15, 2009. Trinity and PRP met in the semifinals of the 2005 LIT.
This will be a great match-up. I really think J-Town was the better team coming into the season, I believe they still are.

J-Town by 9
Trinity's defense will be the difference in this game.

Should be fun watching Corbett and Thomas Jackson go at it.

Trinity by 8-12.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Trinity's defense will be the difference in this game.

Should be fun watching Corbett and Thomas Jackson go at it.

Trinity by 8-12.
Totally agree, Trinity flat out plays some defense. If Corbett does not get in foul trouble trying to guard Jackson, it will be a good match up. Jackson is quick, but Corbett is a great defender, so this will be a good match-up.

Trinity wins this one by 3. Nobody strong enough on J-towns team to stop Sewell.
I would expect Corbett, Foster, and Quick(who are all excellent defenders) to take turns on Jackson and Kennedy. I think if Trinity brings a good defensive effort, then they certainly can win this game.

It should be the best game of the quarterfinals!
I really like Sewell and the Shamrocks in a tight one.

Good luck to both teams!
Using the Male game as the barometer, I still say J-Town is a 9 point better team
Stardust Wrote:Using the Male game as the barometer, I still say J-Town is a 9 point better team

Have to consider that Male hit 7/11 threes against Trinity and finally cooled off late and they shot poorly against Jtown(have to give Jtown credit for their defense).

Also, Tony Horne got injured and missed most of the Jtown game with a laceration and he is their main inside presence.
I'll take J'town in a tight one.
loubballfan Wrote:I would expect Corbett, Foster, and Quick(who are all excellent defenders) to take turns on Jackson and Kennedy. I think if Trinity brings a good defensive effort, then they certainly can win this game.

It should be the best game of the quarterfinals!

I have seen Trinity play a few games this year and agree with you on how they will defend Jackson. I would love to see Trinity make this their 3rd tourney championship this season. Go Rocks!!
I would love to see this game. It will probably come down to just a couple of key plays. I believe Trinity comes away from this one by just a couple points.
Trinity has been named the HS Playbook Team of the Week
http://wlky.highschoolplaybook.com/featu...39386.html
TrinitySID Wrote:Trinity has been named the HS Playbook Team of the Week
http://wlky.highschoolplaybook.com/featu...39386.html

Link didn't show up
Lol, you must have fixed it at the same time I was posting.

Big Kudo's to the Rocks